Rivatuner compatibility problem

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Gzus666, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Gzus666

Gzus666 New Member

ok, basic set up
    680i board
    8800GTS 320mb (OC w/riva to 641/992)
    C2D 6600 (OC'd at 3.38mhz)
    2mb ram (4-4-4-12 T2)

im having problems with windows at the moment. i run XP Pro. the problem started after updating my video card to the last update. my system restore wouldnt operate, which i corrected by repairing that portion. that works fine, all good. now my problem is when i go to shutdown, it will take upwards of 5 minutes to complete this. ive checked every other silly thing it might be. if i replaced my shell.dll with a fresh one, it will work normal, until i reboot. last night i removed my video driver and replace the shell.dll. it worked perfectly normal without the driver, and a few times with the driver as long as i didnt allow everything to start before i reststarted.

now that i have set up the basics, this is what im thinking, rivatuner is having a problem with my driver, i got the message about it after i updated, not sure how to correct this short of removing rivatuner. has anyone run into this, and is there a fix? i currently have the newest driver for the card installed.

2. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    I don't get from your reasoning what RT has to do with your problems.

Why don't you just reintall Windows. Easy and you also get a faster system.

3. Gzus666

Gzus666 New Member

ok, like i said, it is having a problem with driver compatibility. that was cleared when i reinstalled the driver. something is writing something it doesnt like to the shell.dll. rivatuner is the only thing i have running that tweaks registry. it only happens on start up, which means its most likely something in the registry doing this. the new drivers are also not shown to be incompatible by rivatuner. and lastly, this didnt start till the driver update. if it was a windows problem, a repair would have fixed it without problem.

4. Gzus666

Gzus666 New Member

well, i just completely disabled everything in riva tuner, and sure enough, it fixed it. guess i have to wait for the new version of riva for this driver support

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It just warns you that it has not been tested with new driver. Nothing more, nothing less.

6. Gzus666

Gzus666 New Member

ok, and again, it was a clear indicator of the problem, and as i stated in the post above, i verified it was the source of the problem by disabling it. so far no one has answered the question. all im asking is if there is a way to make current rivatuner 2.01 function with the new Nvidia driver, or if i have to wait for the new version of riva.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Your problem is your misunderstanding. RT is fully compatible with ANY currently existing driver. And new version of will not change anything inside it related to supporting new drivers, it just add the databases for new drivers allowing power users to tweak these drivers directly. It doesn't affect the tool functionality. So just stay away of this software, if you don't understand the basics.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007