rivatuner and g15 keyboard

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by fearsjohn, Aug 27, 2007.

1. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    how do you get information displayed in hardware monitoring to display on the g15 screen?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Open hardware monitoring module, right click a graph you want to be displayed there, right click it, select "Setup" from the context menu then tick "Show ... in On-Screen Display" in the graph properties. The information is visible only when monitoring module is active. It means, that if you wish to see it when monitoring window is closed then you've to enable background monitoring mode (press the corresponding button on monitoring window toolbar).

3. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    thank you so much and for the quick replay. i love rivatuner and keep up the good work.

4. Kaheli

Kaheli New Member

How come that i can´t get rivatuner to show monitoring info on my g15´s lcd screen, even after following these instructions to the point?

5. Unwinder

Nobody besides you knows which mistake have you made in these simple instructions.

6. Kaheli

Kaheli New Member

Well lets see:

Logitech G15 - check.
    Chosen what info i want from the harware monitoring module - check.
    ticked the "show... in on-screen display" box for the wanted info -check
    background monitoring enabled - check

Information in OSD - nope.

Any ideas where i´ve made a mistake? Or what to try next?

7. fatesaccomplice

fatesaccomplice Member

Open up the logitech lcd manager and make sure the box next to rivatuner is checked.

8. Kaheli

Kaheli New Member

There lies the problem...there is no rivatuner in lcd manager, so i guess that´s the problem. but next question is why it ain´t there?

9. Unwinder

What version of RivaTuner are you using? And RT is not supposed to be shown in the LCD manager's list when it is not started, because it is not a persistent LCD application.

10. fatesaccomplice

fatesaccomplice Member

There we go. Start the rivatuner statistics server. Right click on the icon in the system tray for statistics server. Click setup. Check the box for "Run at windows startup". Reboot. Check the lcd manager again. I can see no reason not to start the server at start up, it doesn't seem to hog resources.

Also, In statistics server check the box for "OSD Off" if you only want the information to be displayed on your lcd and not on your monitor during games.

After that, if it doesn't work try unisntalling and reinstalling you g15 software.
    If that doesn't work post back here. I had to tinker a bit to get it just how I wanted it.
    This is a cool and appreciated feature.

11. Unwinder

fatesaccomplice

Stop confusing him please. The server is not needed to show anything in G15's LCD.

12. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    New or old G15 ?

13. Kaheli

Kaheli New Member

Ok, problem solved. Dunno what was wrong, but uninstalling and re-installing Keyboard driver & rivatuner helped, and everything is working fine now. Thank you.

14. argylesocks

argylesocks Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS (620/1000)
    this program is simply amazing!
    thanks unwinder!

15. Poopeyes

Poopeyes Guest

I tried this out on my G15 with RT and all works great - was exactly what I was looking for.

Problem is, when I enable the server for monitoring FPS I get flickering all over the screen when playing Bioshock. I made sure I turned off the OSD in the setup as I thought this may have been the problem. Didn't change anything.

Then I enabled Vertical Sync in the options menu on the game. It worked a treat BUT, it's limited my FPS to 60 (was getting between 120 and 220)

Anyone know of another solution that wont affect my performance?

16. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    You probably run on an LCD monitor, why you need more ten 60fps ?