1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RivaTuner 2.07 approaching

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Excellent and thanks for the info :)

2. THE JEW (RaVeN)

THE JEW (RaVeN) Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT softmodded to Quadro
    Unwinder, thanks again for keeping RT current.

3. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 Strix 8GB
    Niiice! Can't wait for it :)

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Gentlemen,

2.07 can be delayed a bit more. My 9600GT sample is still in the way (yes, Russian post sucks, I know it myself) and I cannot release new version until it arrives. I also cannot release 2.07 with limited 9600 support right now then launch 2.08 version with improved 9600GT support a bit later, as many of you offer via PMs and emails. I plan to make a break in RT development and invest some time into other project development right after launching 2.07, so if I'll launch it without complete 9600 support - it won't be available for at least 3 months. So have a patience please and thanks for understanding.

5. Arthur H.

Arthur H. Member

...very thank for the great work Unwinder, Riva Tuner is probably the best software
    for customized and tweaked video cards. :)
    Hope that you could update it in future...
    If it's not curious, what is the other project development?

6. Unwinder

Besides hobby (RivaTuner) I'm also working with several vendors and developing personal bundle o/c software for them. One of such projects needs some time now.
    So that not something freeware and public, that can be used by community, sorry.

7. KWSW

KWSW New Member

Thanks for ur work, been using it for sometime now so though i register and say thanks... and not forgetting looking forward to 2.07... got my hands on the 9600GT and looking forward for full support of it :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  8. Cr1ms0ngh0st

Cr1ms0ngh0st New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 512
    Can't you just buy one? they're already available online. 2.06 doesn't allow me to really do anything with my 8800GTS 512 (G92). I don't mean this to sound negative towards you at all, I've used your app for some time it was just a bit disappointing when I got my new card and I couldn't use all the features. Sorry for being a little impatient.

9. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    jeesus...read the frikin manual...

Riva Fully supports the 8800gts 512....Look at all the threads...im sure you can figure it out

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh man damn the russian post.

11. Arthur H.

Arthur H. Member

...no problem for me, and good luck for these development. :)
    An other little question, what compiler you use for make RT?
    Personaly I use C++-Builder, but it's not provide the graphic components I see in RT,
    particulary the Hardware Monitoring and other...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  12. Unwinder

Most of components are hand made and proprietary.

13. Cr1ms0ngh0st

Cr1ms0ngh0st New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 512
    The instructions may easily be found as you said Unwinder however they are not in the "Manual" as roguesn1per so eloquently suggested and I fail to see how he/she was really trying to help me with that post, when roguesn1per easily could have just explained what you did and pointed me in the right direction, instead of taking the opportunity to try and belittle me. And as for the false bugreport, I apologize for not understanding why RT didn't work "right out of the box" as they say, like it has for every other card I have owned. Hence the reason for my first post.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  14. Unwinder

I strongly recommend you to edit your post. I'm no longer addressing false bugreports and no longer deal with agressinve newbies, but if you think that I'll tolerate such replies to those who really try to help others in this forum, then you're seriously mistaking.
    roguesn1per absolutely correctly mentioned that you can easily find instructions on unlocking 8800GTS 512 support in 2.06.

15. Nolan1654

Nolan1654 New Member

hey every one im excited to see it coming

i have a question though is there a way you can check FPS on riva tuner

16. vento

vento Member

@nolan: The Hardware Monitoring/OSD tool should do that. You also need the statistics server tool I think...

@Unwinder: Rivatuner is such a great app. I cant wait for 2.07 :D

@Cr1ms0ngh0st: Rivatuner works very good with my 8800GTS 512.
    :stewpid:

17. godfrey161984

godfrey161984 Member

GPU:
    3870@firegl 7700 XP 64bit
    hi guys ..i m new to this forum

i wanted some info...actually i m a MAYA user and mainly deals with particles and dynamics in maya which requires Hardware rendering....i wanted to know is the soft mod FireGL 5600 and 8600 gives better performance in Hardware rendering....
    Has anyone able to find out whats the difference or u can say things missing or disadvantages of soft mod FireGL to original FireGL card...
    wats the sucesrate of succesful softmod in this forum and is there any particular brand tht works good with soft moding....
    and last question wats the current price of ATI Radeon HD2900XT and pro

thanks in advance and sorry for so many questions at a time...

18. done75

done75 Member

GPU:
    Ati HD 4670 512Mb DDR3
    hi all,
    just a question.. i know that is possible to import/export setting of RT between 2 version of the app simply using the registry key...is it possible between ver.06 & .07 too? i ask this for the many and important changes that will arrive with the 2.07...

19. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

20. Joe-Amnesiac

Joe-Amnesiac Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 1GB
    Do we have a release date yet? Just a ball park figure would be nice. I know you're still working on it for the 9600, I'm just curious.

Thanks again for this awesome software Unwinder.

Joe