RivaTuner 2.04 is on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Dear forum visitors!

We've started closed beta testing of RivaTuner v2.04 today and plan to release it publicly within a week. Please don't expect too many new features, it is a maintenance release for ATI RADEON 9x00 / 8x0 owners, whcih completely lost low-level overclocking because of the protections introduced in the previous version. However, besides a fix for ATI RADEON 9x00 / 8x0 owners, this version also introduces new D3DOverrider, giving more fun to triple buffering / VSync fans. Changes list includes:

Minor bugfixes:

- Fixed overclocking algorithms for ATI R3xx/R4xx GPU families, broken due to MMIO protection introduced in the previous version.
    - Fixed gamma correct antialiasing option for G7x GPU families, broken due to G8x related gamma correct antialiasing related changes in the previous version.
    - Fixed bug in the installer script, preventing automatic update installation system from installing the updates from a folder containing spaces in the path.
    - RivaTuner no longer stops working with access violation error when I/O driver is not loaded.
    - Minor UI and localization fixes.

What's new:

- Updated RivaTunerStatisticsServer v2.4.1 bundled utility:
    - Added OSD coordinates bounds checking to Direct3D10 OSD rendering code. This feature is provided as a workaround for some early Direct3D10 drivers not performing internal bounds checking of supplied data and tending to work improperly when OSD is rendered outside the screen.
    - Updated list of pseudo 3D applications.
    - Updated D3DOverrider v1.5 bundled utility:
    - Considering that triple buffering is normally being used in conjunction with vertical synchronization, now D3DOverrider gives you options for forcing VSync for DirectDraw, Direct3D8, Direct3D9 and Direct3D10 applications. Similar to triple buffering forcing options, new VSync forcing options are fully hardware and OS independent and can be used to force VSync under any OS on both NVIDIA and ATI GPU based display adapters.
    - Similar to triple buffering forcing events, VSync forcing events are also automatically sent to RivaTuner's event history panel. Please take a note that it applies only to Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 VSync forcing events which are performed once per application lifetime. DirectDraw and Direct3D10 VSync forcing events are performed at per-frame due to specifics of DirectDraw and Direct3D10 API so they are not reflected into event history panel.
    - Improved hardware monitoring module:
    - Improved event history panel. Now event history panel's tooltips are able to display text for multiple application specific even markers registered in the same time (e.g. triple buffering and VSync forcing events sent to event history panel by D3DOverrider).
    - Improved installer. Now the installer allows altering PunkBuster related protective options, so you can easily disable the protections completely if you don't play and games with PunkBuster or you can reduce protection level if you use some security related software products blocking protected processes activity.
    - Added update installation logging feature. Now RivaTuner fully documents process of each update installation into Updates.log file in the application folder.
    - Minor UI changes and improvements.

2. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    I love how you say 'Please don't expect too many new features' and then you make me scroll down to see the end of the post. Keep it up!

3. Unwinder

Heh.. Probably your monitor is just too small? Check something like RC16.1 release notes so see what is many new features in my understanding. ;)

4. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750

Ah, nice. Maybe now I can get Vsync to work in Call of Juarez DX10:smoke:

5. Stranded Witch

Stranded Witch Member

could this be he just prefers quality to quantity?

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Wait, so Gamma Correction A-A still doesn't work in 2.03 ? Oh well, can't wait for 2.04 ! Thanks Unwinder.

7. Unwinder

Is it so hard to read release notes carefully? It does work for your G8x, but it doesn't for G7x. New version will fix G7x codepath too.

8. gareth170

gareth170 Member

GPU:
    hi

will this version work with 2600xt in crossfire? because 2.03 doesn't...

9. Unwinder

Hi

Can you read the very first posting of this thread?

10. gareth170

gareth170 Member

GPU:
    yes but it doesn't say anything about the R6xx or 2xxx series.

that why i asked. don't try to be cheeky with me. this is a forum where people ask questions. a simple yes or no would of done fine..

11. Unwinder

It documents ALL changes you can expect in new version. ALL CHANGES. Do you see something related to RV6xx family or something related to Crossfire? I don't. Then what's the point in flooding the thread with the questions, which are answered in the first posting of the thread you're posting to?

Don't try to set your rules here. Do it at your home please.

12. gareth170

gareth170 Member

GPU:
    what rules am i trying to set?

it isn't me that's being moody it's you..just grow up..

i just asked a simple question...

you can't even answer the question with a simple yes or no.

it seems like people can't ask questions on this forum. so what's the point in having it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  13. Unwinder

You can ask your questions. But it is your _must_ to use search and to think before posting a question to avoid flooding the forum. If you don't get it then probably you just need to grow up till visiting this forum again.
    And seeing many questions like this one sometimes I really like to ask in the response: guys, are you blind or just naturally born stupid? And I doubt that you'll be able to answer it with simple yes or no. As well as I doubt that I can ask it just because it is a forum where people ask questions.

14. gareth170

gareth170 Member

GPU:
    yes

im disabled. i can't read well also.

see simple...

15. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Busy day Unwinder?
    At least this guy doesn't call you 'nazi' or 'jerk', like the other guy did.

@gareth: Why don't you just try it? I bet you're not asking Bill Gates about what Windows can and cannot do before installing, do you?

16. Unwinder

Don't take it personal please. That's just an example of valid/invalid question, which can/cannot be answered with yes/no. Let's just stop wasting time so I can continue preparing 2.04 to launch.

17. gareth170

gareth170 Member

GPU:
    i wouldn't call people 'nazi' or 'jerk'..

how can i try it? it isn't released yet...

mmm yes because i was a beta tester for windows...

18. kalispimenta

kalispimenta Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @680X1030MHZ
    I guess this is a bad time to ask for a 2.04 beta file:behead:

19. Unwinder

What for? There are no changes in PB related protections.

20. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    sweeeeet! more rivatuner is gooooood! Thanks man!