RivaTuner 2.0 RC16 is online

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, May 22, 2006.

1. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Hi. Unwinder, could you add more tweaks to OpenGL like nVdia Tray Tool has got ? I mean Force Multitexturing and Texture precache. I think these are some registry tweaks, so it could be easily added to RivaTuner. And if it woudn't a problem it would be nice to have Coolbits in RivaTuner so it will be one tool for GFX tweaking :). Nvidia Tray Tools eats a lot of memory like for that small app( about 20 MB :3eyes: ) and have the same uncomfortable interface as try tool bundled with drivers :3eyes:.

//edit:
    I found out that the Force Multitexturing in Nv Tray Tools is the same as the option Enable GL_SGIS_MULTITEXTURE in 16-bit modes in RivaTuner. But in Riva tuner is grayed out. What this do exactly and should I use this with 80 release of Forcewae drivers. I also notice that you disabled this option for forceware 5x and higher. May I ask why ?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Could you please read FAQ?

Q: I have used other tweaking utility before RivaTuner and I could change much more Direct3D and OpenGL options there. Why I cannot change these options in RivaTuner?
    A: Unfortunately some coders are trying to boost download rates and increase popularity of their utilities by adding invalid, obsolete and even fake tweaking options. It is pity, but it is true. First of all, such utilities are dedicated to rookies in computer graphics. I'm not going to add fakes or untested options and deceive inexperienced users. To change untested options you may use RivaTuner's built-in registry editor. It will help you to change absolutely all registry entries.

I suppose that it is more than detailed answer.

May I ask if you understand the meaning of this option? At least a bit? I'm afraid not.
    Quoting context help for that option:

Enable GL_SGIS_MULTITEXTURE in 16-bit modes
    _______________________________________________________________________________

This setting allows TNT/TNT2 boards to use the GL_SGIS_MULTITEXTURE extension in 16-bit display
    modes. It was disabled in the Detonator 2.08 in order to drop down performance in 16-bit modes and
    promote 32-bit rendering. This option boosts some games (e.g. Quake II) which perform multitexturing
    via the GL_SGIS_MULTITEXTURE extension.

Tip: This setting is inactive on GeForce boards unless you use the TNT compatibility mode. This
    setting is also inactive on the Detonator 5x.xx and higher drivers.

It clearly says that
    1) It affects TNT/TNT2 boards only. It is NOT diedicated for other chips.
    2) It no longer exist in 5x.xx and newer drivers. Simply doesn't exist, changing this option does nothin at all. Just a placebo effect.

3. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Yes, I could read it. Sorry for not reading :\.

I always use F1 to get context help on active option so I totally forgot that there are other ways to get this info :). Sorry for that, but you don't have to be rude. As for Nv Tray Tool it's really pathetic that they include fake tweaks to increase popularity. Damn tool(NvTT) totally confused me :D.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  4. [Peter]

[Peter] Master Guru

GPU:
    512MB GeForce 9800 GTX
    could I try to over clock by rivatuner my XFX GF 6600GT if its temperature is 40-43 Celcius Degree and my CPU pentium 4 prescot 2.93 mhz if its temp is between 40-48 Celcius degree?? is it dangerous

5. Unwinder

It is dangerous, if you don't understand the things you're doing. I won't recommend you to overclock, if you're posting such questions.

6. dzwhat

dzwhat New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GS 256MB @ 631/1750

I have done this and it works for 1 restart. Once you restart a second time memory clocks will not set and return to default values.

7. Alapapa

Alapapa New Member

This command worked perfectly on my BFG 7900 GT OC -- and not a moment too soon, the fan noise was driving me mad!

I joined this board just so I could say Thank You to Unwinder for this wonderful app.

8. blackrat

blackrat Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850
    When will RivaTuner R16 be updated, so it can work with the Nvidia 9. drivers.

When I try to overclock, it says "driver not known"!

9. Unwinder

May I ask why does it need to be updated? Once you can read and understand documentation everything works perfectly with these drivers.

10. blackrat

blackrat Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850
    I have already deinstalled it, because it was useless for me, but if you know of any documentation about RT, plese send me a link!

11. Unwinder

If you find it useless and don't know that software itself includes context help system and built-in FAQ, I strongly recommend you to avaoid using this software. It is not for beginners, not understanding basics and not reading manuals.

12. blackrat

blackrat Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850
    Instead of this post it would have been more kind to help people, posting this forum and looking for help.

When RT says, driver 91.31 isnn't known, I cannot use it, when this driver is installed. The driver was released after the latest release of RT. If there is a workaround, please tell me?
    And you mentioned a documention. Can you be so kind to post a link, I asked before?

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Your Rivatuner\Docs folder right on your very own PC.

:shock:

14. Unwinder

Mabe the people looking for help will finally open their eyes and start READING my posts instead of claiming that nobody helps them:

If you find it useless and don't know that software itself includes context help system and built-in FAQ, I strongly recommend you to avaoid using this software. It is not for beginners, not understanding basics and not reading manuals.

????????

WRONG. It is just a warning, telling that the driver was released after RT. It absolutely doesn't mean that it won't work. And if you were using search, you'd find dozens of threads with similar question and answer.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  15. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    i kinda find it funny that there are such posters in this thread. (refering to the noobs, of coz)

Just dropped by to congratulate you, unwinder. Great work with rivatuner. If it wasn't for you, i wouldn't be able to hit these clocks without pencilmodding the card first (tried with coolbits, but that failed).

16. The_Paladin

The_Paladin New Member

Here is another strange fan control issue with my new Club 3D 7950 GT 512 MB. I've searched the forum, but found no information about this. The fan control option of RT doesn't seem to work on this card. Any fan related settings in the fan control and power user tab I've tested did not make any effect to the fan. It still works on 100%.

Weird thing besides: When there is no driver installed, the fan is absolutely quiet when booting and in Windows idle. After installing the latest ForceWare 91.47 (the first official driver to work with this card) the fan runs on 100% short after the boot screen and stays on this speed. I've searched the net for information about this, but there isn't any.

Club 3D says, their cards will 100% work with the official nv-drivers. It seems to me, it could be the same issue that we found with the 7900 GT. Any ideas how to change the fan speeds (except of using a Zalman)?

thx

17. Unwinder

The only workaround is to way for driver supporting fan control on this card. If fan control interfaces don't work in the forceware - you won't adjust them via RT too.

18. The_Paladin

The_Paladin New Member

Ok, seems I've found a workaround for the fan speed problem. It's not a driver issue, but it clearly looks like the guys at Club 3D did some kind of bull**** with their GT BIOS. Since there are no newer drivers for the 7950 GT than the 91.47 (even no beta), I tried to fix the problem via the BIOS. I read out the Club BIOS with nvFlash and compared it in NiBiTor with a NV original BIOS for the 7950 GT.

There have been no noticeable differences (to me) expect the date. The NV BIOS was never and so I tried to flash this one. Since the Club GT is not different to a NV original card, there have been no problems flashing.

And bingo, after that mod everything worked fine. The fan now generates nearly no noise in 2D mode and is moderate hearable in 3D mode. It automatically switches to a higher level when I run a 3D application and goes back to low noise mode in windows after 2 or 3 minutes when the application is shut. Thats what I've actually expected from this card after reading some tests.

Fan control in RT still isn't accessible, but maybe this issue is fixed with upcoming driver versions. I wrote the guys at Club 3D an email that something doesn't work on their GTs. Maybe they don't ignore this problem and provide a new BIOS for the card. :p

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  19. Unwinder

What do you mean by "isn't accessible"? Driver-level fan control tab (Main -> Customize driver -> System settings -> Fan tab) is available on any NV3x or newer card as soon as the driver reports fan speed adjustment caps.

20. The_Paladin

The_Paladin New Member

Maybe I've used the wrong words. Fan control in RT can be accessed but changes to the fan speeds have no effect to the card. That's a driver issue, I think. ;)