RivaTuner 2.0 RC16 is online

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, May 22, 2006.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    What's in your gaming box? I wanted to upgrade to the 7900 but I've been reading a lot of issues with RMA's due to bad memory? or whatever reason. Knowing my luck and transitioning to PCIe, I'd get a bad one. :rolleyes:

Edit: to add to this are you aware of the issues, know the problems or have theories with the 79xx having artifacts, 3Dmark deep freeze issues, tearing, etc? It's not just one manufacturer either. I've heard it's with the memory but no card vendors are fessing up. eVGA has no solution either that they are admitting to.

Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks

Edit 2: Why is it stupid in your opinion? I respect your thoughts especially since I'm due to upgrade soon. The 7950 seems to be the most stable latest offering by Nvidia.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  2. SidewalkCookie

SidewalkCookie Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT CO @645/850 Volt-modded
    The last that I read in the eVGA forums is that it was a Samsung RAM issue, which is being corrected. Is that true, and are they going to stop shipping the cards with the bad RAM, I dunno, but I sure hope so, I'd like to upgrade from my eVGA 7600GT CO to a 7900, but not until the problems are fixed.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

HIS X1900XT in ATI rig, 7800GTX GS in NV rig.

I cannot, sorry. I've no strict info about the source of this problem.

Because of its' extremely low price/performance balance and potential source of new app compatibility problems caused by dual GPU coinfig.

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    OK thanks.

Well as far as price...us geeks need their toys. :)

Agree. That's why I'm holding out to see what pops up in this regard.

5. Unwinder

Just a bit of offtopic, wanted to show you a reply from nice Brandon boy at BEDE60622@aol.com, which first asked a few already documented overclocking basics related questions via email, tried to spam me with "bugreport" after attempt to overclock his system blindly and didn't like RTFM-styled replies:

Well, sir, I have recently used my noggin for something not as nonsensual to your unlogical responses toward my questions. I must say, I don't need your ****ty program. I already used my own computer BIOS, which is much better than a tuner. Maybe you should of thought of that. And for the fact that you typed 2 words in caps, I'm shaking in my boots. I'm really scared. I have taken the time to write your emails and gave you good credit for your work, and your microscopic brain cannot answer them. This seems that you don't understand the program yourself, if you cannot answer my questions and lead my to the ****ing FAQ I checked right when I download this ****ing piece of ****.

Hope that after reading that you'll understand why I spend less and less time on answering the questions and send you to FAQs instead. For newbies and ppl like Brandon I repeat once again that there is http://forums.guru3d.com//showthread.php?t=135895 thread. Please read it first before contacting me via email, if you're not agree with that - just save your time by not emailing me, don't waste your time on giving me good credit for my work, it won't help you and my microscopic brain won't change and I won't make an exception for anyone and explain documented basics.
    Thanks for understanding.

6. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    i just want to take this time to tell you i am so sorry there are a**holes out there who can't appreciate the time and effort you put into supplying a completely free of charge software piece. i think it is a wonderful service that you give support for this tool as well as writing it, it is something you rarely see these days. i mean, you supply people with daily support, generally answering the same exact question over and over and over again. and they don't even seem to understand that english is not your first language, and that sometimes your responses are not as cut-throat as they appear, but simple frustration with people asking questions that are answered in the software itself... if i were in your shoes, i would probably be even more crass with people, jerkoffs like Brandon boy don't deserve the generosity (that they don't even recognize) you give them.
    just my two cents... i wish i could help in some way, but i have two jobs and little time for guru3d these days.. i'd love to shake a big stick at some of these people for you...

7. radosuaf

radosuaf Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050 Ti D5 4GB
    Unfortunately, SoftR9x00 does not work with Catalyst 6.6... Any chance for a quick update on that, Unwinder? Still happy with the job you do, still happy with my 9500 :). Keep it up!

8. Unwinder

Sorry, R9500 related things is definitively less priority task than the things I'm busy with righ now. Probably I'll update the script later, don't expect quick update.

9. radosuaf

radosuaf Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050 Ti D5 4GB
    OK, I guess I'll have to wait... Is there any way I could learn how to update the script on my own?

10. Unwinder

11. radosuaf

radosuaf Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050 Ti D5 4GB
    Well... I checked the thread and I can only say - you ARE the king, man... I am nowhere near touching that... :)

12. rico_inside

rico_inside New Member

is Riva working on the 91 forceware drivers?Or ,it will need new database.
    And, I wanna thank you,too, for Riva.Its a great soft.

13. Unwinder

Works fine

14. tristanhd

tristanhd New Member

So, ... these switches completely worked for me on my eVGA 7900 GT CO SUPERCLOCKED™ while NOTHING else has.

$ffffffffff ----------------------------------------------------------------
    $ffffffffff NVIDIA VGA BIOS information
    $1100000000 Title : GeForce 7900 GT VGA BIOS
    $1100000002 Version : 5.71.22.12.07
    $1100000100 BIT version : 1.00
    $1100000200 Core clock : 450MHz
    $1100000201 Memory clock : 660MHz
    $1100010000 Performance level 0 : 525(+20)MHz/770MHz/1.20V/20%
    $1100010001 Performance level 1 : 550(+20)MHz/790MHz/1.20V/50%
    $1100020000 VID bitmask : 00000001b
    $1100020100 Voltage level 0 : 1.20V, VID 00000001b
    $1100030001 Core thermal compensation : 8°C
    $1100030002 Core thermal threshold : 125°C
    $1100030004 Thermal diode gain : 0.046°C
    $1100030005 Thermal diode offset : -250.510°C

BIOS 05.71.22.14.04 would at least spin down while not in 3D mode but, the new one spins at 100%. In the interim to a resolution or a recall, could you post the switches to like 20% and 35%?

15. Unwinder

You can create command line switch for any duty cycle you wish yourself. PWM control register (10F0) uses the following format:

bits 0-14 - duty cycle divider
    bits 16-30 - duty cycle multiplier (inverted)

So 8200040a programs (0x40A - 0x200) / 0x40A = (1034 - 512) / 1034 = 50%

16. Optikn3rv

Optikn3rv Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidea GTX 670
    i just started using rivtuner but it keeps dropping my fans 2d and lower 3d to 25%, i made a custom profile 53% 80% 100% and ticked it to use this settin on windows start up but when i look its 25% 25% 100%, is this a bug?

17. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I seriously doubt it's a bug. Your issue lacks detail as to what you've done.

Take a peek at this.

http://userweb.suscom.net/~msl/RivaTuner.htm

18. KIL<B>LER

KIL<B>LER New Member

A little help for a noob please

I just installed rivatuner and ran my core and clock up a little, before I get started here's my system.

AMD 3700 2.2GHZ
    BFG 6800GToc 256 MB PCIe
    1.5GB DDR400 (PC3200)

My default GPU speeds were 360/1000, I got them up to 400/1065.I ran them up at increments of 5 then tested until the test failed then back 10, I'm really a noob at overclocking and could some helpful hints or tips on not cookin my card and cranking out a good score on 3Dmark. My temps were also a concern, they usually idle at around 65c but have went all the way to 90c when seriously tested.

My last score on 3DMark03 was 12673, It looks like other people with similar systems have ran up a much higher score.

19. shonofear

shonofear Member

GPU:
    AOpen 6800 ULTRA > Quadro fx
    hi there....

G'day Mr Unwinder just wondering if your soft mod to a Quadro using Riva Tuner would possibly work on a Mac os X install?

I really have no idea if its possible to flash bios it like doing to a Linux OS...

Is there a Mac version of Riva Tuner, I understand that you have done heaps of work for RivaTuner for windows and no if theres no version for Mac. :nerd:

Well, I thought I would at least have a crack.

Cheers

:)

20. Unwinder

Nope, it surely won't on either on genuine Mac or on x86 Mac OS.