RivaTuner 2.0 RC16 is online

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, May 22, 2006.

1. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    RT rc16.0 is working wonderfully on the 7900gtx! Thanks Unwinder. That low level fan support never sounded so good to my ears...Perfect for these hot summer months.

:)

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    And I see it's a eVGA card. eVGA will be my next card to buy for multiple reasons.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Guys, don't mix cards with absoultely different fan controllers in a single mess. He has GTX. It doesn't matter what brand it is. All of them are working.

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Gotcha :thumbup:

5. PeterV

PeterV Active Member

GPU:
    HD5970 Gigabyte
    I couldn't find if this was mentioned anywhere ever, but would it be good to have a screen capture routine built into RivaTuner somewhere? So it can capture its OSD. Or at least a plugin for the statistics server.
    I have not been able to find a Screen Capture program that also captures the RT OSD. Is there one that does?

6. Unwinder

There is no screen capturing in RT. And never will be.

7. parodius4

parodius4 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 7900GT TOP
    Thanks for answering, Unwinder, and for your free program, too.

Please respect that I don't have your experience and I don't spend that much time on it either, so I just asked anyone for help, that's what a forum is for, isn't it?

Here an extract from the FAQ section:
    Q: I've unlocked 16 pixel pipelines on my GeForce 6800, however I see rendering artifacts? How can I get rid of them? Can voltage mod help me?
    A: Unfortunately, the chances to get rid of them almost equal to zero. Rendering artifacts is an indicator of physically damaged unit.

BTW none of the above is meant offensive in any way.

Greetings

parodius

8. Unwinder

I repeat once again: rendering artifacts appearing after unlocking bad unit has nothing common with rendering artifacts in general. Nothing.

9. PeterV

PeterV Active Member

GPU:
    HD5970 Gigabyte
    Well if there is a 'need' for logging, there is just as much a 'need' for screen capturing.
    To test a particular result, of data output, you often need to be able to SEE the exact rendered scene you are interested in those results for. Frozen in time - or also even possibly a recorded sequence of time. (though I am only mentioning single frames for now, in my interest).
    Dozens of possible reasons.

Such as: Checking FPS at some peak instant, and wanting to SEE if that was achieved by reductuions in quality - or any other reason why it was high then, such as less scene data or action.

Single frames is the next logical progression in logging that you would strive for to produce a complete system that can be used to truly test systems. Followed by a next level to have recording of frames over time (pure recording of video).

Rivatuner may not be designed to be used for testing systems at all. I don't know. But it would seem that it obviously is, because it has the Statistics Server and the file logging.
    Logging over time is not overly useful (or severely lacking) if it does not have some way to show you WHAT was occuring during that logging. It is like giving half (or less) of the data required to really achieve much of use.

"Never will" seems a pretty silly response to such a progression of the levels it already does - and what it falls short in.

Whether someone does it as a plug-in, rather than it being built in, is not too important. I am sure screen capture is pretty easy in programming terms, and video capture a lot bigger task.

No one knows a capture program that will also capture the OSD overlay???

10. Unwinder

We'll never come to positive discussion if you'll combine such ambitions with a lack of understanding the basics.
    It is twice stupid to judge about "pretty silly" response if you don't understand the reasons I'm doing that. That's ethical question for me, RT already incorporates the most of FRAPS software functionality, but I'd like ppl to use FRAPS too. Screen capturing / sound recording are the features I'd like to leave exclusive for FRAPS.
    My name is not Ray Adams and I'm not a thief.

If you're such a big software development pro, maybe you'll write it yourself? :D I won't do it due to the reasons mentioned above.

11. PeterV

PeterV Active Member

GPU:
    HD5970 Gigabyte
    I use Fraps and it does not capture the RT OSD. At least on this PC.
    It only captures its own overlay.

12. SidewalkCookie

SidewalkCookie Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT CO @645/850 Volt-modded
    I use Paint Shop Pro, and it captures all of the OSD quite nicely. Very simple to set up for multiple captures, pick a hotkey, and fire away. I imagine the same could be done with Paint, or any one of dozens of graphics programs out there, it's no big deal. :)

13. AnterosX

AnterosX Member

I heard NV42 can´t be unlocked, but as I´ve searched, most of the replies apply to 6800gs NV42 cards with 12 pipelines and nv42 core.

I´ve just purchased an xfx 6800xt xtreme edition AGP card and I think it comes with NV42 core but only 8 pipelines.

Now the questions are:

1.- Is this card unlockable to 12 pipelines?
    2.- If not, is this lock in the chip (laser cut nv42), bios, or what else?

Thanks.

14. Unwinder

Pipes are locked at hardware level, you won't be able to unlock anything on this card.

15. AnterosX

AnterosX Member

Thanks.

At least I´ve seen that this card OC extremely well, I hope I can reach 500/1200

16. Krizby

Krizby Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 1080ti
    This may seems odd but whether I overclock my 7950 GX2 in the driver overclocking panel to slightly high clock (570/800), it will cause artifacts in Oblivion but when I overclock via Riva Tuner, there is no artifacts even at higher overclocks (605/820, higher than that will cause color particle on screen though), does Riva Tuner use a superior way of setting the GPU clocks than Forceware then I wonder ? some people at xtremesystems also reported that using coolbit to overclock cause artifacts in games and desktops on 7900GT boards too. All the more reason to use RT to overclock :D.

17. Unwinder

Sounds unreal for me. Both RT and CoolBits are just different UIs for the ForceWare's internal overclocking interfaces. So RT's overclocking cannot be more superior comparing to CoolBits' one.

18. THE JEW (RaVeN)

THE JEW (RaVeN) Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT softmodded to Quadro
    Thanks for the time and effort you put into RT. It's appreciated.

19. lm_mario

lm_mario New Member

unwinder do you need reports from 7950 gx2's I have one and can offer a report if needed to add support.

20. Unwinder

I need a card, not reports. I'll never add SLI specific features blindly, there are to many things requiring hardware for testing / developing. And I'll never buy dual GPU / two similar cards just to add it. No offence for SLI users, but in my opinion in is just stupid and a waste of money.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006