RivaTuner 2.0 RC16 is online

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, May 22, 2006.

1. p.vlad

p.vlad Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX (resurrected)
    Low-level overclock modul is missing. Is this normal?
    Aopen 6600GT AGP

10x

2. Miguel Almeida

Miguel Almeida Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX
    Sorry Unwinder but despite the new forceware databases this version for me is a great disapointment! But it´s your free work and for that i thank you anyway!

3. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Master Guru

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    New Rivatuner

Greets To Unwinder A Proper Legend.
    Nice One Buddy Riva Is The Best Oc Tool Ever Madebeen Using For Along Time Cant Wait To Install And Play With Some New Tweaks.
    Cheers Damafia

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, thanks Unwinder, good job done...

5. jrcallan

jrcallan Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    Plug-in Evga 7900gt?

Boogieman:

Thank for the response and link, but do you know which plug-in applies to EVGA's 7900gt?

Thanks.

6. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    No I do not. But looking over them I don't think any will work.

7. MrFox

MrFox Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    I have been waiting for this and it is great! I just found out that during gameplay my card got up to 100 degrees! So I will be changing the fan thanks again unwinder! :) :)

8. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    that is f**king awsome man!

9. xhanatos

xhanatos Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT being RMA'd
    any xfx7900gt owner install RT rc16 yet? can you control the fan? i am at work at the moment and won't get home 6hrs from now! can't wait :)

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Man, RTFM at last!
    Do you feel a difference between reference PWM controller required to control 2D/3D fan speeds separately via the ForceWare and ASUS's own fan controller, which is not supported by ForceWare.

RTFM:

Q: I can hear that my GeForce 6800's fan changes speed when I start 3D applications, however I don't see any changes on the "Reference fan duty cycle" graph. Can you comment it?
    A: There are a few things, important for fan control understanding. First, reference design display adapters based on NV3x and newer graphics processors have GPU controllable fans, i.e. the graphics processor itself can control fan speed using PCB's integrated PWM controller. Fan speed is controlled using this approach on reference design 6800 series and on some non-reference display adapters manufactured by some vendors like Gainward and Leadtek. RivaTuner's "Reference fan duty cycle " graph reflects current fan duty cycle on such boards. If the fan is not connected to integrated PWM controller and always fed with 12V, this graph is simply not trustworthy. Second, vendors can install I2C ICs, containing combined thermal sensor and external PWM controllers. Fan speed on such display adapters is set either by vendor specific software (e.g. ASUS SmartDoctor), or automatically by the sensor depending on the current temperature. For example, ASUS uses this approach. Third, some vendors use entirely hardware fan speed control solutions, where the cooling system itself allows controlling fan speed either automatically or manually (e.g. AGP MSI NX6800 series).

11. Unwinder

Do you tihk that me and all testers never tried that? :) Check your system, probably you're already running some other application using 3D API, which is not actually rendering anything causing 0 framerate displaying (Even history panel _should_ reflect it).

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  12. Unwinder

Instructions are simple:
    Set fan speeds, then go to Main -> Customize device -> Graphics subsystem disgnostic report. Then tick "NVIDIA graphics processor registers" in the list of available categories and press "Capture" to get required report.

13. Unwinder

Follow the instructions I've provided in the previous posting and grab a few reports for different fan speeds (50% and 100%). Then I'll be able to add fan speed monitoring to the next version.

14. Unwinder

I suppose I have to shoot myself now? :)

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    (I talked about 6600NU AGP, the only possible way to adjust its fan speed is via ASUS SmartDoctor, I hate that "program". Fan does not speed up in 3d apps or anything). I understand that ASUS has its own ****ty things. I quess that I just have to live with it.

Last edited: May 23, 2006

16. jrcallan

jrcallan Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    Fan setting reports.

Thanks. I will do that. I noticed that if I set up a temp/speed routine for my EVGA 7900gt CO SC as described in Boogieman's article [which worked flawlessly with my 7800gt], the fan speeds do change when the system hits the triggering temperatures.

I just can't see any change in the fan duty cycle graph which remains showing "100." I'll set up a change routine and grab a few reports.

Thanks.

17. Unwinder

> I just can't see any change in the fan duty cycle graph which remains showing "100." I'll set up a change routine and grab a few reports.

I know, I've not yet added it for G71 and G73. Will do that after seeing the reports.

18. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    What the Duece!? RT RC16 has hit 4.3 Million dloads! Jeez I wasn't expecting those kind of numbers. Looks like a good portion of the entire planet uses RT... and with good reason. I am very happy with it so far. Thanks for the hard work Unwinder.

Just an afterthought but i guess the 4.3 Million is actually a cumulative total for every version of RT seeing as Hilbert updates the link and doesn't actually host the previous versions as well.

19. Unwinder

It is cumulative number.

20. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    thanks for the rivatuner unwinder!!!!