RivaTuner 2.0 RC16 is online

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, May 22, 2006.

1. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    hey thank you unwinder. it seems that the fan speed can controled with rivatuner on my eVGA 7900GT and i just thought that you should know that

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Does fan controlling work now with 6600 series cards? I can't testi it right now (in 1 week). I'd be very happy if it is fixed (my second comp has ASUS 6600 agp that has default fan speed set to @ 14%).

3. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    if it's in the known issues fixed list/new features it will be there. i just checked for you and it's there.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

One more happy eVGA owner ;)
    Thanks for confirming.

5. ComradeF

ComradeF Member

GPU:
    BFG / GeForce 7900 GT / DDR3 256 MB
    Oh, sorry, I thought it was implied. The fan controls did not work... speed is always reported at 100%.

Also, I used this guide to make the adjustments.

6. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yeah it's my second one that hasn't started artifacting yet. do you want any extra info on the card to see if it is a bios thing(all cards are reference and mine is the stock clocked one) so maybe the feature could be unlocked for other branded cards?

7. Unwinder

May I ask what should I "fix"? RT's fan control for 6600 series cards worked before and is currently working perfectly, if your card has _controllable_ fan _connected_to_integrated_PWM_controller_ (that's the only fan controller supported by ForceWare).

8. Unwinder

I could investigate it if you could capture and post couple diagnostic reports (including GPU registers dump) for fan speeds set to let's say 100%/100%/100% and 50%/50%/50%.
    Then we'll try to write your fan controller's state directly into fan controller of other 7900GT to see if it is BIOS lock or hardware limitation.

9. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    you'll have to pm me with instructions and i'll get back to you in about 1 hour. i now have something to do today. yay.

10. sb85

sb85 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB
    hey, the OSD display for the fps works just fine, its under the hardware monitoring that the fps counter isn't registering.
    previously in 15.8, if the global profile was checked, the frame rate graph was available in the hardware monitoring section, maybe you could play a game and check if its working:p

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Ahh... Now I'm happy :D.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmm... For some reason it didn't, ASUS smartdoctor worked fine, though. It jumped down to 0 when I tried to adjust it from @ 100%. RT monitoring thing showed that it was running @ 14% (when I set it to 100% from slider). Smart Doctor worked and it was possible to hear the difference but it uses so much memory so I uninstalled it.

13. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    well the solution is simple:use smart doctor.

14. ComradeF

ComradeF Member

GPU:
    BFG / GeForce 7900 GT / DDR3 256 MB
    Unwinder, is there anything I could send you to help determine what's going on with the fan? I'm completely new to RT but I can follow instructions. :p I'm just concerned that since this isn't an eVGA model, apparently I'm stuck with an overpriced, LOUD component.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmm...? I need to test if it work in this new version first. The card is little weird too, only 28-30c idle and oc'd to 420mhz core (memory works fine @ 650mhz, stock is 550mhz) max temp was 49c (fan @ 14%). Also, nvcpl does not show temperature tab but rivatuner, everset etc. show its temperature well. This ASUS 6600 is completely different than nvidias refrence cards.

16. jrcallan

jrcallan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    EVGA 7900GT - Show Fan Duty Cycle?

Is there a plug-in in the list that applies to the EVGA 7900gt that would permit the fan duty cycle monitoring to show % of fan capacity in use?

Right now I'm only getting "100%" displayed, but I can tell the fan is varying according to need.

Thanks.

17. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  18. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Once again life is good, thank Unwinder for working hard to get this out today! In the last few weeks I've used many other programs to help tweak my graphics card as well as monitor clockspeeds, temperatures,etc... It was just awesome to get back to the program I know and like, great work! So far I've had no issues with my card and the program, everything works as advertised for me.

19. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Hmm ... working fine till now ... thanks .. an big one ..

20. lollygag

lollygag New Member

... i thought the 7900GTX was a 71