Rivatuner 12.1 + SoftR9700 released!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 13, 2003.

1. kmolazz

kmolazz Guest

i also have checkerboards near icons in windows... to correct that disable windows hardware acceleration by 2 notchs.

i´ve read some guy sayind it had to do with alpha blending... but what it's got to do with the script or the pieplines i have no idead :confused:

2. Fennec

Fennec New Member

Re: Good news

Thx Unwinder :D it work very well. I did not had checkerboards but fixed dot all around the screen. Now all is gone and i did not notice performance deacrease :D THX for your hard work :D

3. germo

germo Guest

just my two cents..

Hi all,

First thank you Unwinder and all the others working on that and using your time to provide the possibility for some 9500 Owners to get all from their HW.

Brain does matter!

Sorry for the length of this post and bad english ;-). I am now adding my two cents to this discussion:

I had softmodded my Sapphire 9500 np with Infineon RAM via Rivatuner.
    Here are the results:
    After getting rid of that f*** fileprotection mechanism in XP SP1 and tweaking i saw a huge performance increase. But there are checkerboards for exmple in 3dmark, not much, but on different tests always at surfaces that hide other objects. In some demos (f.e. nature) i had to look twice to see them. Multipoligon test 8 lights for example on the roof there are a lot of checkerboards. In several games the distortions are very rare, in others (Unreal 2) they are very present.
    Another example is the ATI Demo with these rotating balls "RNL DEMO" . 95 % of picture is perfect, but everytime one ball is covering another there are these checkers on the ball in front. These graphic errors are moving with the covered object so they are not static.
    In codecreatures there are only a few blinking dots somewhere in the picture. Nearly perfect. Pipedream also nearly perfect (still can see single dots of the balls running in the pipes ( looks like wallhack hehe)
    Enabling AA weakens the visuality of the errors but they are there.

Then i tried to modify the registry as described in Unwinders post.
    That made no difference for me, although i am shure that Hirarchical Z was disabled. Tried also the rtool for d3d. Enabling / disabling Hyper-Z only has small impact on the errors. Curious: disabling the whole Hyper-Z funct. rises the number of distortions.
    I have only small knowledge of these graphic stuff (as you can see), and i will test this behavior for future infos, may be there is someone out there with similar effects.. But i think there is no common cause for the graphic distortions people have. Possibly there are a lot of different problems on HW Level depending of card the user own.
    So, some guys will be happy with the Infos Unwinder gave them to remove checkerboards. For me the cause for the checkers are somewere near HSR i think but neither rtool for d3d nor Unwinders tweaks helped me to get rid of that at this time.
    Next i will try the reg entries unwinder posted a few replies before.

I made a small kix script that changes the ati2mtag file and reboot the system so i can choose to play in 9500 or 9700 modus depending on game . I am very happy with the card although in native 9500 mod but now i am courious about the technical cause of this and maybe after future testing i can provide more infos for some people that have similar problems with this tweak.
    And please do not flame me because of incorrect technical spelling. I am working on that. ;-)

Again greets to all people spending their time to work on a solution for this cool tweak, and thanks again to Unwider for the technical explanation of the internal functionality of that Hyper- Z, Hierarchical Z stuff.I would like to see more of this.

Next i will try this:

Ralf

4. IVIGUY

IVIGUY Guest

Does anyone know if you can use the softmod after the board has been flashed with the hacked bios? I ordered a board today that was flashed and tested by the distributor at bulletpc.com. It is guaranteed to oc but not guaranteed to enable all pipes.

5. rane

rane Guest

Re: Re: opengl benchmarks after using unwinder's HZ patch

Hiya unwinder, please could you provide the database for me as i am rubbish at reg entires! also is there somthing similar in d3d cus i get really bad artifacting in uneral2, but only in outdoor areas, its weird and not always in teh same places but i get them always! its not ocing either! thanks doode

Peace :cool:

6. |ZUTI|

|ZUTI| Guest

Hey all. I read everything in this post. INteresting :) Now, can someone tell me if he/she has any checkboards in nature tests (3Dmark 2001 SE & 2003). I have them on the wather and in 2003 version in the trees also. But the thing is that Unreal 2 is running without any problems. Strange. HyperZ did not work here. Sad. I also tried Aliens VS Predator 2 ( everything OK), C&C:Generals (also OK), UT2003 (OK), Morrowind ( wather full of checkboards) and some other games. I thought that i'd get the anomalies with fillrate tests, but no. Any comments? The card is Sapphire Radeon 9500, 128MB. Oh, and i just couldn't make it mod with riva tuner patch. Tried virtually everything (from patching .sy_ to running in safe mode and then patching the .sys file). Never did it work. I had to use wizzards patch to make it work. But still reads radeon 9500 (also chip type as 9500). Results, however, are what they schould be. Damn checkboards.

7. leon_cs

leon_cs Guest

Hi, can anybody please help me. I have got a 9700 np and wanna clock i to 9700 may be higher what do i need to do. Is there anything simpler than flashing the bios , I will appreciate if someone could help me please. Can I use rive=a tuner to overclock my card or does it involve anything more complex like tinkering with the bios/????

8. franklar

franklar Guest

Hi Unwinder !

I own a Sapphire 9500 128 MB, 256 bit, red pcb, I really think built by ATI, not Sapphire...

The problem is: even if I try Rivatuner patch or Wizzard's files, the card behaves strange !

3DMark2001 fill rate test runs perfect, as D3D test in dxdiag. Windows XP looks normal ( no desktop artifacts ).

Other things hang the PC. Every test or game locks and I got a black screen. Sometimes I've seen just the first rendered image, freezed, with black a checkerboard on it, other times with strange patterns, disposed as a checkerboard.

The only game I ran was Medal of Honor, but only after setting An6aYj2vwKuKd9brxl7 = 0, and anyway it has little transparent squares on the geometry of the scene ( like o wireframe on it, but with squares, not lines )

What to do ? It seems to be a Z-related issue, but nothing I tried solves the situation.

And, last but not least, disassembling D3D drivers I can find all registry entries for D3D, but OGL has encrypted entries: the question is: how do you know that An6aYj2vwKuKd9brxl7 is for Hier-Z ?

C'ya ! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2003
  9. limpdude87

limpdude87 Guest

no it is not. i have looked and looked, by i cannont find 2.1

10. Racer Z

Racer Z Guest

Well I got myself a Radeon 9500, downloaded the Rivatuner and a 62xx driver, patched the driver with the script, installed the driver and got violent GREEN checkboard in ANY 3d app. It usually follows the lighting effects.

I tryed downclocking it to 210/210(410), it hasnt helped a bit, I tried disabling the hierZ with the rivatuner patch( you have to make a .reg file in the Riva tuner and then run it, right?) , and it didnt help either.

Is there any hope for me fixing this problem?
    Exchanging the card is not an option for me, unless I"ll burn it.

11. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Tip: there is registry entry handling code ;)

12. franklar

franklar Guest

Where I can find details on it ?

Google is not giving me any interesting page... I want to make a Rivatuner database with all settings, not only D3D. :D

Anyway, what do you think about my card ? It will be a 9500 forever ? [​IMG]

13. Racer Z

Racer Z Guest

Well, I know I've posted this before, here it goes again:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I got myself a Radeon 9500, downloaded the Rivatuner and a 62xx driver, patched the driver with the script, installed the driver and got violent GREEN checkboard in ANY 3d app. It usually follows the lighting effects.

I tryed downclocking it to 210/210(410), it hasnt helped a bit, I tried disabling the hierZ with the rivatuner patch( you have to make a .reg file in the Riva tuner and then run it, right?) , and it didnt help either.

Is there any hope for me fixing this problem?
    Exchanging the card is not an option for me, unless I"ll burn it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any chance of somebody helping me in this problem??
    I wasted a LOT of money (money that I have saved up for a 6 month) getting that radeon 9500, all becouse I have blindly belived that I would be able to convert it to a 9700!!!

So the least you can do is to tell me if there is any hope for my card, or should I burn it?

14. You had a 2/3 chance. You had bad luck. Don't blame ATI for it. You got what you paid for.

15. Racer Z

Racer Z Guest

well thank you Dr.

But I was asking IF there is a way to get rid of the artefacts, not your silly comments on how stupid was my decision to buy a rad 9500!

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You will not find this info in the net. You've to disassemble the driver then read and understand the code that handles each of encrypted registry entries yourself. This is the only way.

17. If you start complaining about all the money you wasted, then I do see that as being mad. And I never said that it was stupid to buy a 9500.

18. Racer Z

Racer Z Guest

Racer Z

All I wanted to know is if I should scrap the card or not!

19. Racer Z

Racer Z Guest

Racer Z

All I wanted to know is if I should scrap the card or not!

20. tikku

tikku Guest

hey Razor!

I have same problems with green lines when lightning effects appear.. tried all possible solutions posted here but none worked.
    But I think I will not sell my card again cuz all gamez run smoothly.