Rivatuner 12.1 + SoftR9700 released!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 13, 2003.

1. stevestrike

stevestrike Guest

Actually, many people have had this problem. I pointed it out to Unwinder, but he refused to listen. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the way you fix the problem *I think* is to reinstall the control panel and reboot. Good luck!

2. ectx

ectx Guest

Come to think of it, it does seem that vsync is locked by accident by one of the tweaking program we were playing with... the problem goes away after the registry entries are gone... anyway thanks for the comments, vtsantzalos and merullait69.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Many ppl have troubles with their knowledge level and often make a mess from the driver's settings resulting in the troubles you are trying to talk about. I had never payed attention to such posts and will never do it. Period.

4. |_|nderline

|_|nderline Member

GPU:
    eVga 7800GT
    Ok, I read that thread a few tmes. It didnt actually click that the problems were related. I must have trouble with my knowledge level =b j/k. Youve done a great job with this proggie. Thx

5. Odd development

Interesting thing has happened here. After installing WinXP service Pack 1 and running Rivatuner (again) on the files contained in the Ati temp file, 3dMarkSE and my games now tell me that I don't have a 3d card installed.

I don't understand why this would happen since Windows correctly identifies the card as a soft modded 9500 (display prop. list the core as a 9700).

Previous attempts at the softmod got me instant checkers on my desktop, games, and in 3dMark. Now, I don't have checkers on the desktop, but it would appear somet8hing is amiss.

I am using the 7192c drivers for XP, and the SmartGart lists the AGP as 0. When I try to enable it (2x or 4x are the limits for my mobo) and restart, it returns to these settings. AGP 4x and fast writes are enabled in bios, as is USWC mode, a 128 size, and spread spectrum (in case it matters).

I've tried lots of different things trying to get this mod to work for me, including rTool settings (refer to previos posts). Let me know your thoughts, if you will. Thanks!

6. |_|nderline

|_|nderline Member

GPU:
    eVga 7800GT
    I had that problem when I installed DX9. I had to reinstall 3dMark.

7. FinalFantasy

FinalFantasy Guest

Re: Odd development

Try this: start---->run-----> type "msconfig" then press "enter"
    then select the "services" tab. And then press the "Enable all" botton then press "ok". then restart your computer and see if the problem is solved. if not then reinstall the ati drivers and the rivatuner, and restart again.

Hopefully if it worked, then try to disable as much services as possible without getting into the problem again, until you know which disabled service was causing the problem.

If it did not work then install catalyst3.0 and rivatuner and directx 9.0 (and make sure all the services are enabled").

Let me know how it goes...

8. stevestrike

stevestrike Guest

Oh please, my "knowledge level" is adequate; thank you. Some people have troubles with their stubborness and often don't see the obvious things right under their nose. Don't pay attention, I don't really care. The fact is: THERE IS A PROBLEM :rolleyes: Period. Arrogant p*$#

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Cmon, if your "knowledge level" is adequate you should be on my place and waste your time on coding free things for ppl then answering absolutely stupid questions and debating with noobs. However, you're there and I'm here.
    I don't really care coz it's YOUR problems, boy. There is no problem in the script and I'll not fix anything. Hands.sys/brains.sys is not included in RivaTuner's distributive, sorry.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2003
  10. If there's nothing wrong with the script, how could I get those HyperZ related problems? I think we should face facts here.

11. maybe because you have a FAULTY hyperZ unit

12. Probably not, because I have a 9700 non-pro, which I stated several times in this thread.

13. stevestrike

stevestrike Guest

Why don't you learn how to write before trying to insult people. Ignorant *******.

14. FinalFantasy

From FinalFantasy:

Try this: start---->run-----> type "msconfig" then press "enter"
    then select the "services" tab. And then press the "Enable all" botton then press "ok". then restart your computer and see if the problem is solved. if not then reinstall the ati drivers and the rivatuner, and restart again.

Hopefully if it worked, then try to disable as much services as possible without getting into the problem again, until you know which disabled service was causing the problem.

If it did not work then install catalyst3.0 and rivatuner and directx 9.0 (and make sure all the services are enabled").

Let me know how it goes...

Thanks for the ideas, but all services were already enabled, and nothing looked amiss. (But thanks for letting me know that some Win98se commands are the same for XP since I'm still new to XP Pro!)

Upon reinstall of the same drivers, I got the checkers all over desktop, games, 3dMark once again. Ah well. I'll keep goofing around with it, but I'll be happy with the original flavor of the 9500. Thanks again, FinalFantasy, Robbeh, and Pussycat. I see you around I'm sure as I'm always messing/breaking stuff
    :D

15. ectx

ectx Guest

Unwinder,

I think Pussycat's experiment is very interesting and I would like to see what, you think, casued it.

Again, I don't think there is anything wrong with your script and you are most likely correct in assuming this is a harware problem by all the evidence. But Pusscat's experiment casts some credible doubt to the hardware problem speculation. What if there are some other incompatibility problem in other part of the ATI drivers?

Yea, I know this is also far-fectched, because how do you explain 60%-70% success rate and someone put two cards into the same PC, one is ok and the other has artifacts?

I am confused and this is why I am reading the forums.

16. ectx

ectx Guest

Unwinder,

Your software is one of the best freewares out there. Many people express their appreciations in many forums. Having said this I'd like to point out:

(a) It does not give you the right to insult other people..

(b) Tell me you never learned anything useful in various forums then I'll say you a liar.. What makes the user forums work is that everyone can chip in.. You can choose not to answer but please do not be rude..

(c) If you have never boasted about your accomplishement and you have never had any intention of making a profit (eventually, directly or indirectly), then you can make a statement like "waste time on coding free things for ppl"; otherwise...

I have no ill intention toward you, and I can feel your frustrations sometimes. Take this from someone who have lived a few more years and learned some bitter lessons.

17. Guys, take it easy on Unwinder a bit. He is the one that came up with this script so that we don't have use soldering irons to mod our cards. I bet that without his script, not even 50% of the people here would pick up a soldering iron and try to mod the card. The software mod is clean and it works.

Yes, MOST of us are experiencing some kind of problem but how can we blame this on him?? It's not like it his responsibility to make every mod work without artifacts. The amount of information from all forums I have been following since this started (this includes Overclockers, HardOCP, AMDForums, Xbitlabs and finally this forum) seems to point out that there is nothing wrong with Unwinder's script and that the conversion from 9500 to 9700 will be successful unless you have a card with the *PIPELINE* defects. If you don't have a pipeline defect, the mod works but THEN we have all these people getting artifacts because of the HyperZ unit. THIS IS A DIFFERENT PROBLEM then the pipelines and the only problem to solve it would be to disabled the HyperZ unit. Unwinder said this himself if you read his earlier posts.

Having said this, I am wondering if Unwinder will be releasing a script to disable HyperZ himself since it seems that some people are not having success with the tools Pussycat provided to disable HyperZ. I am saying this because even though the tool and the registry hack seem to indeed disable HyperZ for Direct3D, it doesn't seem to effect OpenGL.

Unwinder had said that he was busy with the FireGL mode and that releasing a script for disabling HyperZ would not be his priority so I am just wondering if he had time to look at that yet.

You guys have to understand that our problems are hardware related and COULD be cured bu software means. Otherwise, If there was an error in Unwinder's script, how do you account for the people having the same problems with the hardware mod and moreover how could ANYONE get their card to work without artifacts? If there was a problem with the script, people would be having the same exact problems which is not the case.

18. ectx

ectx Guest

Black Paladin, Well said!!

I hope I made it clear that
    (a) I appreciate Unwinder's work,
    (b) I never suspect there is anything wrong with his script, and (c) he did not casue any of our problems.

19. I fully agree with you. However, something claerly is wrong (and I don't know if it's the script or the drivers or just some people's machines), and completely ignoring that and insulting others is IMO not the way that it should be handled.

What is it anyway? Do you just choose to ignore the fact that something might be wrong because it would hurt your ego? I posted here to help you, I really don't have any advantages myself of telling people that I had a bug.

20. stevestrike

stevestrike Guest

I also agree with this 100%. I appreciate the work on Rivatuner and I don't think there is a problem with the script.

I think the problem is with ATI's control panel (NOT the artifacting problem--the unexplained slowdowns after a successfull conversion.)

I simply brought up that there is another un-explained problem happening beside the artifacting.