Rise of the Tomb Raider - Prophet's Tomb Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. partyface86

partyface86 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7870 @ 1200/1500
    Am I only one who has the feeling that this is a bit like Die Hard female edition?

3. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Never understood why the player model has to continually change, Lara in this version look nothing like the previous game. Then the difference between the characters in the PC version to the console version.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sometimes i think its a curse to have been a gamer when alot of these franchise started. They always end up withering and dying like this.

I...i feel like i've seen things.

5. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Looks fantastic. Is this xbox one footage then? Looks 60fps to me.

6. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    It looks like it's completely on rails, but maybe that's just for the video... nice scenery at least, but I agree, this Lara looks younger and her face is shaped differently then the last game.

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Here you can download an full HD version of the video, who is way less compressed than the Youtube one ( 1.4GB )
    http://www.gamersyde.com/news_rise_of_the_tomb_raider_new_gameplay-16955_en.html

Specially nice for see the skin an Muscles linked deformation on her back and arms... just crazy well done.. Specially well viewable when she is the cave with the blue light in the gameplay session..

Nice to see that they have include this in the gameplay parts, i was affraid it will only be used on the cutscenes.

Also theres a lot of details during the gameplay session who cant be seen at first, the clothes deformation when she moves, the blood on their hands who stay on the surface, rock she touch, the work on the skin who is really impressive for a console game. ( nextgen or not )

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    The last tomb raider game was already trying so hard to be tragic that it ended being comical.

Nice boobs though.

10. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion?

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I like It!

13. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Wow strong independent western woman moans at everything she does. I need such woman in my life.

14. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    Wait, she's on the borders of Syria looking for the tomb of "the Prophet"... Are we talking Mohammed, here? Because if we are that seems ill-advised. Hilarious and a great idea, but ill-advised. :D

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That one is in Medina so she's way off-course :p

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Can't remember the old version having puzzle vision, the magic ability to highlight objects specifically needed to allow you to escape from the current room you happen to be stuck in, you had to actually.... shock horror.... look and search, sometimes a large part of the level to find the item, switch or door needed to progress, this thing looked so on rails it was comical.

Well almost as comical as the intro were Lara is clearly holding her right injured arm only to be one arm swinging from a cliff edge with the same arm less than a minute later.

17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yeah, this looks about as puzzling as a 6 piece Jigsaw for 2 yr olds.... also she's way too scrawny to be hanging one handed from anything, let alone with the addition of forward momentum added to the equation.

18. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    Huh. I never knew he had an actual proper tomb with an actual proper body. Looks far too clean and presentable. A lost tomb in some Syrian mountains is much more atmospheric. Oh well. This just kind of makes me want to play some DLC where you have to get in to the tomb in Medina to steal some mystic artifact from his body. Would certainly be a fun, high-stakes mission.

Probably not going to happen though. :)

19. drjaaaaa

drjaaaaa Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx 980 ti sc
    Looks good!

20. jrizz43

jrizz43 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6850 1GB
    I totally agree with everyone saying she looks different...I thought the original PC version to the remastered Xbox One version was a big change but this is crazy...it's like an entirely new person...creepy