Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Alex13, Oct 19, 2012.
Do I get harbinger soul automatically If I purchased the expansion?
Yeah RIFT is an Nvidia based title, but it runs very well on AMD hardware still. Ran maxed out problem free on my rig when I played it.
you get it even without SL mate, just get your game up to date and it'll be there.
I only hit 60 yest last night, Im such a slacker~ 5.17 mil xp for 59>60 :bang:
Again, these are on medium settings and most importantly med textures (can be clearly seen on the boss and stone golem in the 1st pic)
Quest hubs only give story quests. Random quests can be found while exploring and dont need to be handed in. Same with kill X type quests which are now called carnage. You see a certain type of mob, you can see a mini description when you mouse over it. Kill X times that mob and you get XP. So no one will ask you save them by killing ten rats.
Some of that stuff might be minor spoilers for SL for some but its nothing trion havent done them selves on live srteam. Most of the stuff you'll find on vid
and here http://www.youtube.com/user/RiftMMO
Keynotes - Lorewise Dragons dead all but two, in SL you port to a different continent and things do change a bit. Fations work now together. New stuff - Ember Isle endgame level for 50s with 1 new dungeon. Theres also instant adventures, solo dungeons called chronicles, master mode versions of dungeons that are of T1 raid difficulty and provide equal gear drops.
T1 20man - GsB, RoS, T1 10man - GP, DH
T2 20man - HK, T2 10man - RotP
T3 20man - ID, T3 10man - PF
Additions in pvp, of one new Warfront in 1.7 and alternative modes on 2 of the old ones and the addition conquest, non permanent 3faction pvp in 1.9
in 2.0 now Addition of two continents each one the size of the entire old world (including the largest area there, Ember Isle while was added in 1.6) 7 new dungeons 3 new raids another warfront, no news as of yet on a new map for Conquest @60. Also all the souls have been reworked and barely anyone has made it to 60 to know about balance. Also 4 new souls have been added. Each one has a preview video with the developers explaining the purprose of the new 4 souls. Links on the 1st post in this thread.
PVP wise everyone is bolstered - meaning everyone in PVP has stats that equal those of the the base set and from SL the calculations are done on an item basis, meaning that if you have a leveling or even endgame raiding weapon it is brought up or down to the stats of the PVP set until you can acquire and upgrade it
February 2011: Beta to Head Start
March 30, 2011: Patch 1.1
May 10, 2011: Patch 1.2
June 22, 2011: Patch 1.3
August 3, 2011: Patch 1.4
September 28, 2011: Patch 1.5
November 16, 2011: Patch 1.6
February 1, 2012: Patch 1.7
April 18, 2012: Patch 1.8
June 27, 2012: Patch 1.9
September 12, 2012: Patch 1.10
October 17, 2012: Patch 1.11 (see below for links to the patch notes)
November 13, 2012: Patch 2.0 (Storm Legion)
Note that there are tons of hotfixes, and a few patches have had sub-patches (1.0.1, 1.2.1). I ignore these and just treat everything during a given patch as "hotfixes".
You may also find the official RIFT trailers and videos interesting.
Beta to Head Start
Patch notes for beta aren't really available to us now. Among the biggest changes that occurred during or near beta:
Guards on PvE servers (only) are tougher vs. players.
Public groups can now be merged.
Raid rifts -- new rifts aimed at raid-sized groups.
Locations can be linked in chat.
Coin lock feature (When logging in from a new computer or such, you get emailed a code; until you enter it, you can't do anything that destroys your stuff or removes money from your characters.)
Mobile authenticator added for Android and iOS.
First world event (world event mechanics added).
Video capture, complete with YouTube uploading.
Unmerge option for public groups.
Rift contribution is no longer measured against other players.
Self-cast modifier key added.
River of Souls event bonus pack for characters who existed prior to the event.
River of Souls raid open.
Change to AFK logic; if there's no queue, you can be idle for a very long
time without getting kicked.
LFG tool added (same-shard only; this changes later)
Wardrobe slots (cosmetic equipment)
Crafting rifts -- new rifts that reward crafting materials
"Slivers" and quantum/omen sight added.
New "sliver" raid added, enterable only with those abilities.
New diminishing returns design for CC in PvP.
Experts retuned for LFG, and to stop requiring second healers.
PvP rank adjustments.
LFG instance ranges increased.
Item sellback and purchase confirmation added.
Character transfers added! Character transfers are free, once per character per seven days.
AH remembers recently-used prices.
"Trial shards" introduced.
Bind-to-Account vouchers for planar currencies.
Most event currency made Bind-to-Account.
Hammerknell Raid now open.
PvP rifts added.
LFG goes cross-shard.
New sliver raid (Drowned Halls)
Alternate-mode warfront feature added.
Water Saga epic quest chain added.
Quest items stored in separate quest bag.
BoP items tradeable to eligible characters for 30 minutes.
Soul Quests removed (souls are now purchased)
Synergy Crystals added (they give soul-specific set bonuses from armor sets)
PvP ranks 7 and 8.
"Take All" button for mailbox.
New crafting cooldowns.
Apothecaries can salvage planar essences.
Can stay mounted in more of Meridian or Sanctum.
Taskbar icon flashes when message boxes pop up.
Vengeance stat added for PvP, Valor retuned.
Chronicles (solo/duo instances) added.
Veteran rewards added (subscription-length bonuses).
Planar Attunement (post-50 advancement).
New warfront, Library of the Runemasters.
Introduction of addon API.
Ancient wardstones removed.
All zone event sourcestone is now purple, drop rates and costs retuned.
Ember Isle -- a new zone for well-geared 50s.
New dungeon, Caduceus Rise (actually more than one instance).
Fae Yule world event.
New sliver raid, Rise of the Phoenix.
90% mounts adjusted to level 30, not 40.
Addons can manipulate inventory.
Foraging and mining of some mob corpses.
Instant Adventure -- LFG-like open-world adventure for 45+.
Mail to your own characters on same account regardless of faction.
Auction House is also cross-faction.
Rift Mobile app (access to guild chat from smart phones/tablets) for iOS.
Massive revamp of PvP ranks and gear.
Massive itemization revamp at 45+.
T1/T2 experts combined into a single tier.
"Purpose" system provides soul templates to help newbies to a role.
Master-mode Caduceus Rise.
River of Souls chronicle.
6th role slot.
"Mercenary" system reassigns players to opposite side in warfronts to reduce queue times.
Wardrobes have individual settings for equipment visibility.
Crafting uses bank items.
HUGE volume of UI updates -- seriously, read the patch notes for these.
XP lock -- you can disable XP gain. (Removed in 1.9)
Guild bankers added in crafting areas of capitals.
Change to Target Nearest behavior.
Item comparison tooltips show stat comparisons.
Equipment visibility on the non-wardrobe wardrobe slot.
Ember Isle restricted to level 48+.
Ember Isle added to the "only one event" group of Ironpine
Peak, Shimmersand, Stillmoor.
Infernal Dawn (new 20-player raid).
Fishing and Survival skills.
Instant Adventure on Ember Isle.
Seals (a new inventory slot, exclusively crafted).
New max-level crafting quests.
Anti-Planar Augmentation and Holy Champion replaced with a new Fury of the Ascended power.
Many pet graphics updated.
Debuffs have a new priority system to prevent weaker debuffs from overriding stronger debuffs.
New recipes to refine 20 of a material at a time.
Addon-style @ specifiers work even if you don't use addons.
Non-party-leaders can recommend players for invitations.
"Usable" at the Auction House now filters out already-known recipes.
Many more UI tweaks and improvements, QoL changes, and so on.
Nameplates added! New settings. Color is based on the colors that unit
names were drawn in.
******ing client; you can now play before a patch is fully downloaded.
Porticulum cost changes (in-zone ports are always cheap).
Conquest: New three-way PvP for level 50s.
Mentoring: Starting at level 15, you can artificially lower your level, whether solo or in a group.
Instant Adventure expanded to Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, and Stonefield.
Queueing for "random adventure" may mentor you to put you in a low-level group.
Barbershop! Basically, recustomization of appearance other than race or sex.
New raid sliver, Primeval Feast. Harder than RotP.
PvP ranks increased to 50, along with new armor and such.
Optional icons showing what NPCs do.
XP locking feature removed (replaced by mentoring).
Cross-shard friend and chat functionality; you can send tells to Character@Shard, and you can join Channel@Shard private channels. Public channels are not cross-shard.
Daily quests for fishing and survival, additional features and functionality.
Improvements to the 300-skill crafting quests.
Cut/copy work in the chat input field.
World Event currencies that recur moved to the Currency tab.
Many addon API improvements.
Friends list is now cross-shard within entire region, not just wargroup.
Friend and ignore lists not cleared when changing shards.
Many encounter and Conquest tweaks.
Faction boundaries reduced dramatically on PvE shards. PvP shards keep most of their boundaries, but LFG is cross-faction everywhere.
Guilds can contain members of both factions, and can do either set of guild quests.
Groups, whether player-formed or public, can contain members of both factions (who are not flagged).
Dungeons, instant adventures, and such are all cross-faction.
Characters can trade and mail across factions.
Characters can marry cross-faction, and public channels are shared (except World Defense).
Cross-shard tells, friends, etcetera are all also now cross-faction.
You can buy things like expansions, CE upgrades, character or guild renames, inside the game.
Instant adventure added to Scarwood Reach.
World event for fall.
Lots of lighting and fog improvements because of the Storm Legion rendering updates.
Icon overhead markers available (not just numeric ones).
Automatic "fill soul" button on soul trees.
Rare spawns should be more reliable.
Shuffling of locations and contents in Meridian and Sanctum to improve various things.
Train All button on calling trainer.
Bag UI scaleable.
Combat logs, screenshots, etc. moved to My Documents folder.
/who command works cross-faction.
Various improvements to synchronizing cross-faction, bug fixes.
This patch represents many fundamental mechanical changes as preparation for the Storm Legion expansion. As a result, it has unusually huge patch notes, even though this doesn't include the bulk of the new content.
General, Crafting, Cleric, Mage, Rogue, Warrior.
New world event ("Tempest Rising").
Planar Attunement now shared across all characters on an account.
Planar Attunement XP is shared, not levels, and XP per level increases with level.
Wardrobe is now armor-type neutral.
Ability training is cheaper.
Instant Adventures will teleport you back where you were when you started, if you like.
Mentoring improvements to stat scaling for tanks.
General major balance changes to basically the entire combat system.
In general, mitigation is focused less on avoidance, to make healing less bursty.
Changes to computation of attack and spell power, and conversion from attack power to DPS.
Also changes to crit rating, block, deflect, parry, dodge.
Hit and Focus are now a single stat, called Hit.
Changes to purposes, and to soul tree UI.
Purposes now indicate how easy or hard they are likely to be to play.
Guilds whose leaders haven't logged in in a long time will auto-promote.
Many PvP balance and tuning changes.
Consumables (potions, etc.) have new stats and behaviors galore.
More cross-faction respawn points in lower-level zones.
Iron Pine Peaks NPCs near the Chancel of Labors are neutral, rather than hostile.
Instant-cast/non-GCD abilities are indicated on tooltips.
Rebalanced crafting rewards and skill point gains.
Crafting merchants now sell Planar Attunement XP.
Random augment boxes removed.
Many items have had skill requirements or ranges of skillups altered.
Many changes to apothecary ingredients (there are fewer of them now).
Salvage materials no longer need to be "combined" to be used.
Augments are now made with salvaged materials.
Augments are now crafting-only, and do not drop in the world.
Stat bonuses from augments have been normalized.
Temporary crafting enhancements now use normal materials, and have been variously improved and cleaned up.
Basically all souls have been revamped. The new Storm Legion souls are not yet in the game.
Cabalist: No longer uses Decay mechanic. Easier to combine with other souls.
Druid: Now counts as Support for LFG purposes. Still melee DPS, increased focus on positioning (attacks may do extra damage from behind enemies). Pets include tank and ranged DPS pets.
Inquisitor: Still DPS. Life and Death Concord no longer RNG-based.
Justicar: Healing is tied to damaging abilities, but not to amount of damage done. No longer counts as Support for LFG purposes. Still a primary tank.
Purifier: More focus on damage reduction and prevention, still a primary tank healer.
Sentinel: More focused on peed and responsiveness, still a primary tank healer.
Shaman: Less RNG-based, still melee DPS.
Warden: Now counts as Support for LFG purposes. Better damage output than other healers.
Archon: Still support. Pillaging Stone requires spending points in the soul tree for its self-buff.
Chloromancer: Still a healer. Healing amounts are no longer dependent on the amount of damage done, but instead on the (unmodified) cast time of abilities.
Dominator: Some new area of effect and area denial powers.
Elementalist: Pet-affecting powers now affect Necromancer pets, and vice versa. Pets scale better. Rotation made more interesting.
Necromancer: Pet-affecting powers now effect Elementalist pets, and vice versa. Deathly Calling now applied by pets, to free the mage up to focus on using it. Healing powers (Life Shift, Blood Binding) removed.
Pyromancer: Increased emphasis on Combust.
Stormcaller: Still AoE-focused, improved tools for applying Electrified and Hypothermia.
Warlock: More DoTs! DoTs can in some cases be maintained more easily, or transferred to a new target.
All souls: Combo points are now on the rogue, not on a specific target.
Finishers no longer cost less energy with more combo points; instead, they do much more damage with more combo points.
Energy regeneration and usage adjusted.
Assassin: Poisons no longer proc from auto-attacks, and also no longer have a one-second internal cooldown.
Bard: Bard attacks are always considered ranged weapon attacks, and benefit from ranged weapon buffs. Soul tree ability allows Codas to refresh Motifs.
Bladedancer: Slight restructuring of bonuses and abilities. Still DPS.
Marksman: Various power changes. Still DPS.
Nightblade: Weapon enchantments no longer proc from auto-attacks, no longer have one-second internal cooldown.
Ranger: Various power changes.
Riftstalker: Rift Scavenger removed, various mechanics updated. Still a primary tank.
Saboteur: Charges and bombs are considered ranged attacks, and benefit from buffs to ranged weapon attacks. Note: Yes, this means that DoT ticks from charges can proc poisons. Range is 30m, and the range boost is no longer in the soul tree.
Abilities other than tank soul burst threat generators, which used to affect 10 targets, now affect only 8.
Beastmaster: Now considered a support soul. Uses buffs and finishers to aid allies. Got several "call" abilities from the Warlord, which have been renamed.
Champion: Now AoE-focused rather than two-handed-weapon focused.
Paladin: Now slightly better at physical mitigation, slightly worse at magical mitigation.
Paragon: Now single-target focused rather than dual-wield focused.
Reaver: Slightly less durable than other tanks, better damage output and multiple-foe control.
Riftblade: Elemental DPS and teleporting, same as always.
Void Knight: Better at magical mitigation, not quite as good at physical mitigation.
Warlord: Now a hybrid soul, with good tanking utility earlier in the tree, and better DPS later in the tree. Several "call" type abilities have been moved to Beastmaster.
Pretty much all crafting materials now stack to 99.
Discovery log moved to same configurable directory as other logs.
Patch 2.0 (Storm Legion)
Tons of rebalancing changes and tweaks to souls. Be sure to read the full patch notes and check tooltips carefully. AoE heals for bards and clerics are generally reduced.
Level cap now 60. A level 60 character gets 76 total soul points.
New souls: Mage gets Harbinger (melee DPS), Warrior gets Tempest (ranged elemental DPS), Rogue gets tactician (technology-themed support), Cleric gets Defiler (death-themed healer).
Two new continents, adding ten more zones total.
New city (Tempest Bay).
Hunt rifts (yet another new kind of rift).
Seven new dungeons, plus expert modes.
New raid dungeon (Frozen Tempest) and new raid sliver (Triumph of the Dragon Queen).
New warfront for 50+ characters.
Dimensions -- highly customizable player/guild housing.
Upgradeable items -- gear you can customize and develop.
New crafting materials, recipes, and quests; new cap 375.
Everyone who participates in fighting a mob is eligible for cash, quest completion, and XP. Tagging still affects loot drops.
Guild level cap increased to 25.
Planarite cap increased to 100k.
Quest log can have 25 normal quests, 25 dailies, and 25 carnage quests.
Did I mention the addition of carnage quests?
Food, drinks, and gems stack to 99.
Fatigue does more damage.
Conquest on hiatus; conquest decay is disabled.
Massive overhaul of all sorts of PvP stuff relating to valor, vengeance, etc.
Many, many, rebalancing changes, tweaks, and tooltip fixes across most souls.
More detailed version of this with links to all the detailed changelogs etc here
Has anyone ever gotten a good AA working with Rift that they can share? Like forcing it in inspector? The in game AA options don't really get rid of the jaggies. Any time I see those jagged lines it is so distracting!
Oh yea, I have a nvidia 580gtx.
no. but I use SweetFX. also, in game FXAA with SweetFX gets rid or a lot of jaggies, but I prefer not to run FXAA, it blurs the image a little bit.
yeah a nice tweaked SweetFx setting does the trick, i'm using eclaps config (-DPX) which he posted some posts before and it works perfectly and i see not that much jaggies
The first boss in the crucia raid was killed by - oh surprise - the only guild with full alpha access. /yawn
I'd link the vid they put on youtube but who cares, its a simple base dungeon gear check since theres a safe spot so they used only ranged dps to avoid the rest of the mechanics /boring
looks like icewatch is really the only server alive, transfered yesterday to EU-Trübkopf cause 3 of my RL friends wanted to try out SL too and i thought, whatever 1 week cooldown but no joke you can count the players on that server on one hand both fractions :3eyes: looks like open-pvp is somewhat .... dead
yeah PVP servers arent really a thing any more. Most of the casual pvpers are simply on pve servers since the hardcores left with SW a few and then GW was the killing blow, and most importantly, on PVE servers guilds can recruit cross faction. No guild wants to be cut off from half the population. As for your server, keep in mind that maybe its dominated by the other facion and that all the older players will be in SL, not the old world. There is this type of pvp still but you'll have to wait untill people hit 60 and Conquest reopens. Things are always busy on the standard WFs tho.
you could get a GM ticket and transfer to a PVE server even today btw, Brutwacht or w/e the pve german server is named.
As for icewatch, well lets just say that it makes 1.0 whitefall look like a joke. (if anyone remembers white had eeeendlesss ques the first couple months after launch) Trion could easily have reduced the number of ppl allowed on a server like it was on launch and make it look pretty by having 3 server pop up and show as full. The downside is with such a high load on that server things do get laggy. And i can tell you firsthand that physics heavy raid instances dont like that very much.
thanks for the tip with the GM Ticket, just got a response and i'm back at icewatch
edit: my name is doabarrelroll now lol
I'll add you to my friends list later.
just curious which fraction do you play? I'm just realized now that it seems the factions have been somewhat merged together
Yeah, doesn't really matter which faction you play.
Unless you're on a pvp server. Anyway got close to server first tonight on the 10man. We're mostly in normal dungeon blues (apart from a few expert items with hit) and its fairly easy. If you've done DH on release, this one is kinda the same, only the 2nd and 3rd boss are easier even in terms of mechanics. It's mostly the gear - or lack of - that makes some aspects feel like they have somewhat tight checks, (raid heals/and one boss dps wise)
Last boss was bugged unfortunately and has an aoe mechanic that randomly kills everyone even if you move out of it in time properly. Only got one try making it through that 1st bugged phase and hit enrage due to some stupid deaths (including me )
This instance will be pug-able once people get expert dungeon gear for sure.
i was enjoying RIFT till some point. i dont think it is a bad game .just paying monthly was not good to me that time.
is this a standalone? new playable characters? can i go for a SOLO?
no its an mmo so.. the solo content goes as far as.. questing and Dimensions.
You can play it solo and then do the solo dungeons and stuff, but everything else from zone events, Instant adventures to the duo or 5man dungeons kinda need others (open world grouping is open for all and LFG tool is in place for dungeons).
If you want a solo game rpg with the mmo tag slapped onto it then you're better off with the f2p flop called Star Wars
Been a while, 2.1 is out with a mini xmas event and the 2nd raid
= FEATURES =
* Fae Yule returns to Telara with new quests, new Instant Adventures, new rewards, and a seasonal version of Whitefall Steppes! These are in addition to previous Fae Yule items which will be available for purchase once again!
* Cross into the Plane of Death and take on Regulos in the new 20-person raid, Endless Eclipse!
* New Chronicle - A Hero Rises: Crucia launches a vicious attack against Tempest Bay, and only you can fight back her army and disable the threat of a device that could mean permanent death for the Ascended.
* Conquest returns for level 60, along with new rewards for this first post-Storm Legion Conquest 'season'. This also means that Conquest decay is back on!
* Weekly Crafting quests for 300+ skill now come with Crafting Lures to open Crafting Rifts in the new Storm Legion zones!
* Added lures to open Major versions of the normal Hunt Rifts. These can be purchased from Cora Temarin in Tempest Bay.
* Auto-follow is now more robust; allowing you to take more actions such as using your inventory or interacting with NPCs without breaking auto-follow. It should only cancel when you use the right mouse button to move orientation or move your character with the keyboard.
* Guild Quest: Destroy the Machineborn, Kill Us Some Guardians: Quest will now update for targets of level 51+.
* Autumn Harvest event items are now on the World Event merchants in the capitol cities.
* Planar Attunement experience crystals are no longer available for purchase from currency merchants (Raid, crafting, etc).
* Boss attack visual warnings should more closely match up with the actual damage area.
* Several Dimension-place-able Training Dummies are now available! See Norn Titanun in Meridian, Olaf Bladstrom in Sanctum, or Metra Kaprico in Tempest Bay.
* Dimension Engineers now only sell dimension keys. The dimension items they used to sell are now sold by new vendors nearby. Prices on these items have been reduced.
* The Breach Chamber, Faen's Retreat, and Stone Flask Tavern personal dimensions can now be purchased by characters without Storm Legion.
* Increased crafted building block yield to 3 per combine.
* If you die in the Bogling Boggle dimension, you now respawn inside it.
* Red Worldstrangler Root and the Port Tempest Banner are now resizable.
* Ascended Powers: Anti-Planar Augmentation, Holy Champion, and Fury of the Ascended now grant their buff to pets as well as the caster.
* Player's pet aggro no longer counts as contribution for Rifts, Invasions, or Zone Events.
* NPC Piercing Strike abilities should no longer ignore the target's armor.
* Shadow Breach: No longer on global cooldown.
* Unstable Transformation: No longer on global cooldown.
* Crushing Force: No longer requires you to face the target.
* Life Breach: Increased damage.
* Shielf of Oak: No longer on global cooldown.
* Grim Silence: No longer on global cooldown.
* Doctrine of Glory: Now consumes all Convictions, reducing damage taken by 2.68% per Conviction consumed for 4 seconds. 30 second cooldown. No longer on global cooldown.
* Purpose: Now a toggled ability.
* Reprieve: Now restores 100% health on the cleric and restores 50% of the cleric's max health to the target of Righteous Mandate. No longer on global cooldown.
* Light of Redemption: Now properly maintainable on only 1 ally at a time.
* Furious Assault: Now a toggled buff with 15 second cooldown - reduces global cooldown by 0.5 seconds, mana costs by 35%, and damage done by 17%.
* Glacial Shield, Windwalk: No longer on global cooldown.
* Tidal Surge: Now properly consumed by Monsoon.
* Burning Purpose: Fixed descriptions for ranks 2-4, which were displaying the rank 1 damage rather than their own.
* Earthen Barrage, Volcanic Bomb, Surging Flare, Spark Shower, and Granite Salvo should now work properly with the Pyromancer's Burning Fury.
* Power Drain: Increased range to 35 meters.
* Melee attacks, such as Lucent Slash, will now consume stacks of Healing Balance.
* Natural Awareness: Casting Reaper's Blade or Luminous Weapon will no longer trigger this.
* Radiant Spores: Increased range to 35 meters.
* The healing provided from Convalesce when cleansing an ally is now based off of the caster's health instead of the target's. Increased to 6% of the caster's health.
* Corrosive Spores: Now removed when the target dies. The initial damage will now generate a stack of Burning Fury, if it does not critically hit and you have points spent in Burning Fury. Subsequent ticks of damage will not add or remove Burning Fury stacks.
* Haunting Pain: Max rank should now work as expected.
* Lightning Wall: Updated description to indicate that Charge cannot be gained while the ability is active.
* Damage from Mass Betrayal, Nyx's Orb, Void Wall, and Lightning Wall will no longer trigger damage shields such as Mass Charged Shield.
* Summon: Greater Earth Elementalist: Ranks 8 and 9 no longer have an incorrect level cap listed in their description.
* Elemental Armor: Updated ability descriptions for ranks 2 and 3. These should now display the correct amount of Armor granted by the buff.
* Ice Shield, Sever Bonds: No longer affected by global cooldown.
* Reclaim Elements: No longer on global cooldown.
* Blade Rush: Updated description to indicate that this can't be used while in combat.
* Planar Shield: Fixed a case that could prevent this ability from consuming Charge when cast.
* Lightning Blade: Updated the buff tooltip for Lightning Blade to indicate that it has a 5% chance to proc from non-slashing attacks.
* Empyrean Ascension: Increased damage of all abilities granted when using this. Will now expire if the caster dies or logs off.
* Rending Slash: Increased damage.
* Tempest Winds: Increased the final burst tick damage.
* Condemn: Fixed ability description for ranks 5 and 6, which were displaying the incorrect rank's damage.
* Parasite: Can no longer be cast while crowd controlled.
* Corpse Explosion: Updated damage amounts for ranks 5 and 6 - these should now increase in damage as expected.
* Reclaim Power: Can now be used with all pets.
* Loyal Minion: No longer affected by global cooldown.
* Burning Shield: Will now generate Charge correctly when cast. No longer affected by global cooldown.
* The Cinder Burst proc from Pyromancer's Armor and Pyromancer's Aegis will now be removed on death.
* Pyromancer's Aegis: Updated description to indicate the additional Fireball it procs does not generate Charge or apply Combust.
* Countdown: Can no longer be cast on a target you already have Countdown active on.
* Using Fusillade to consume stacks of Combust will no longer trigger Neddra's Torture.
* Tempest Armor: Tooltip should correctly display the amount of damage increase from the buff.
* Opportunity: Lightning Blade, Luminous Weapon, and Reaper's Blade can no longer proc Opportunity.
* Salvage Corruption: Will now only remove Necrosis effects from the same caster.
* Neddra's Essence: NO longer affected by global cooldown.
* Choke: No longer on global cooldown.
* Serpent Strike: Increased damage.
* Malicious Poison: Increased damage.
* Enduring Brew: Healing has been increased.
* Assassinate: Damage increased.
* Jagged Strike: Damage increased.
* Dual Mastery, Contra Tempo: Now affects offhand autoattacks.
* Binary Strike: Damage increased.
* Double Strike: Damage increased.
* Defensive Pose: Now reduces damage taken by 5%, down from 20%. Reduces Energy Regeneration Rate by 5 per second, down from 10 per second. Also heals for 1% of your max health every 2 seconds.
* Fated Blades: Now increases Attack Power contribution to all Bladedancer attacks by 150%, up from 100%.
* Side Steps: No longer on global cooldown.
* Ebon Blades: Damage increased.
* Dusk to Dawn: Damage increased.
* Lingering Flame: The additional combo point and Fiery Spike are now triggered immediately on execution of Flame Thrust, and not when it lands.
* Restorative Engine: Now uses smart healing instead of picking the 10 closest targets. Radius increased to 25 meters.
* Barrier Remote, Battle Remote: No longer on global cooldown.
* Weapon Defense, Stoneshield, Shield of Will, Storm Shield have been increased at level 53+.
* Warrior Frozen Eclipse armor now uses the correct Synergy Crystal bonus.
* Trample: Fixed this not taking effect if another Champion has it active.
* Chains of Life: Now does a small amount of damage per hit.
* Light's Favor: Now appropriately reduces cooldown.
* Shield of the Light: Now named Aegis of the Light, reducing incoming damage by 20% for 4 seconds and grants a small heal to nearby allies.
* Pacification, Light's Benediction: No longer buffs on the target, but instead on the Paladin, so they receive the bonus against all targets attacking them and not just the one they hit with Pacification Strike or Light's Benediction, respectively.
* Shield Defense: No longer on global cooldown.
* Light's Protection: No longer on global cooldown.
* Weapon Familiarity: Functionality changed. Now increases Attack Power and weapon contribution identically to Amped, but does not stack with Amped. Melee builds should not require a ranged attack in their rotation to hit target numbers.
* Weapon Master: Should no longer delay in granting an Attack Point.
* Decisive Strikes: Renamed to Precise Strikes to avoid confusion with Warlord's Decisive Strike.
* Strike Like Iron: Increased to 5-20%.
* Sweeping Blades, Shifting Blades: Reduced internal cooldowns on these so they still work well with Alacrity.
* Alacrity: Removed the Damage debuff.
* Setting Moon: Bonus increased to 20%.
* Predictable Movements: Now off of global cooldown.
* Plague Eater: Renamed Crest of Consumption, reducing incoming damage by 20% for 4 seconds, and increases Soul Feast healing by 20% for 15 seconds.
* Binding of Death, Power from the Masses: The mitigation bonuses are now always up and do not need to be triggered.
* Crest Mastery: Resist increase is now 2-6%.
* Crest of the Shadow, Crest of Entropy: Now off of global cooldown.
* Avatar of Flame: Corrected the top rank which was dealing reduced damage.
* Burst Capacitor: Reduced to 4% damage bonus per point.
* Amped: Cannot stack with Weapon Familiarity.
* Ionized Discharge: Now also affects Chain Pulse.
* Cyclonic Fury: Now increases damage by 4% and also affects Chain Pulse.
* Focused Fire: Removed from global cooldown.
* Electricity Cascade: Now has a 15 second cooldown to help smooth out Tempest rotations. Damage increase now affects all Air damage, but the amount has been reduced slightly to balance this change.
* Jolt: Reduced cooldown to 6 seconds. Fixed Jolt healing for less than intended.
* Magnified Charge: With the changes to Jolt and Electricity Cascade, Magnified Charge now increases effectiveness rather than duration.
* Delayed Blast: Fixed multiple Tempests being unable to use Delayed Blast on a single target.
* Arc: Reduced the internal cooldown on Arc so it's still viable when used with Wavelength.
* Evasive Redirection: Now off of global cooldown.
* Fusion of Flesh: De-complicated this somewhat - now an absorb shield that absorbs up to 75% of your max health in damage and lasts for 20 seconds.
* Unstable Void: Now a 1-hour self buff that increases outgoing damage, increases Endurance, and reduces the Void Knight's damage taken.
* Power Shield: Consumes up to 5 Pacts to reduce incoming damage by 20% for 4 seconds, and grants nearby allies a small absorb.
* Destructive Forces: Slightly reduced damage bonus.
* Rift Shield, Protective Shield, Fusion of Flesh, and Rift Reversal are all now off of global cooldown.
* Breaking Blow: Fixed this not taking effect if another Champion has it active.
* Decisive Strike: Fixed this not refreshing cooldowns on Piercing Thrust or Wave of Steel.
* Wave of Steel: Fixed higher ranks not dealing appropriate damage.
* Tactical Surge: Now also increases healing taken by 5%.
* Seasoned: Now also increases the heals on Recovery Posture by 10/20%.
* Ready Posture: Reduced the outgoing damage reduction on this ability to 20% from 40%.
* Down and Dirty: Now increases damage by 2-4% and decreases damage taken by 2-4%.
* Battlefield Experience: Now a 1 hour buff.
* No Permission to Die: No longer on global cooldown.
* The four 'Saga' questlines now have completion achievements under Character > Cult Saga. These Achievements will retroactively complete if you've already done these quests.
- Life: Saga of the Aelfwar
- Death: Saga of the Endless
- Water: Saga of the Abyssal
- Fire: Saga of the Wanton Maw
* Added two new quests to lead players to Tempest Bay, given by the Torvan Hunter representatives in Cape Jule and Pelladane.
* Wood Drakes like the Timberline Drakes in City Core now require Foraging to harvest.
* Defend-Wardstone type Instant Adventures in Mathosia zones now spawn Planar Anomalies to help replenish Planar Charge.
* Qaijiri-themed Daily crafting quests now grant 120 Qaijiri notoriety.
* Fire Saga: Putting Out the Fire: Level 51+ characters will now get credit for killing the Molten Eggs.
* Onslaught: Slightly reduced the Notoriety granted from upgrading turrets and lifesprings to max rank.
* Lick Froggy, Get Dizzy quest is now repeatable daily.
* Emberlings will now attack those responsible for freeing them in the Scoria Pit.
* Fixed a bug in Cape Jule with overly large IA regions that would rarely cause players to miss contribution credit.
* Reduced the overall number of objectives for various Instant Adventures in Cape Jule.
* IA: Hulking Mutations will respawn more quickly in Agrippa Rainforest.
* IA: Back to the Ashes: Fixed an issue where players weren't getting credit when in groups of 6-9 members.
* Corrected rare spawns being much rarer than intended in this zone.
* Increased the number of Invasions that appear during Cape Jule Onslaughts - also updated some of their appearances.
* Fixed an issue with the Cliffside Vale Onslaught that was causing invaders to destroy their own beacon after summoning it!
* Corrected a bunch of Cape Jule Onslaught callouts/broadcasts.
* Savage Terrormaws should now drop loot and grant experience.
* The quests given by Casimar and Isabella in the Tower of Dawn are now available on their Eastern Holdings counterparts if you've completed the Kingsward story quests.
* Reduced the amount of visual effects on-screen during the Law of Consequences quest.
* Child's Play: Corrected the map location for the second objective.
* Fringe Fortifications: The fallen tower objective should be easier to complete.
* Added a resurrection point to the interior of the Tower of Dawn.
* The End of Salvarola: Salvarola no longer roots his victims during combat.
* Retaking the Palace: Updated the objective text to make them more clear.
* Tower of the Shattered: Quest objective and marker updated so it completes properly when entering the tower.
* Guardians now respawn properly after dying in the Tower of the Shattered.
* The Fall of House Senviva achievement can now be completed by both Guardians and Defiants.
* Deadly Surprise: Big Joe now gives you a box of explosives rather than having you just conjure them up from thin air.
* The kill counts for many of the Carnage quests in Pelladane have been lowered.
* The Siege of Tammark: Transport Pads have been renamed to Launch Pads to avoid confusion.
* The Art of Detection: Players can no longer make power cells appear if the station itself is not spawned.
* Army of One/Guardian Elite: The name of the mobs players fight for this quest have been changed to make them stand out more from surrounding population.
* IA: Fixed an issue that could cause players to be removed from their IA groups when completing adventures in Cirkbo Plains.
* IA: Doombringer Destruction: No longer has two map markers.
* IA: Soliton Slaughter: No longer references the wrong quest when you have a group of 10+.
* IA: The Ritual of Storms: Rescripted to resolve some lingering issues with this adventure.
* Corrected rare spawns being much rarer than intended in this zone.
* Pelladane quests now give faction with The Lycini when appropriate.
* Corrected a bunch of Pelladane Onslaught callouts/broadcasts.
* Brevane Energy: All chargeable quest targets should now reset correctly after being used.
* Fixed several spots where the ground was not so solid in Necropolis.
* The turrets in Mired Convoy now respect line of sight.
* The Extractor: More scripting updates to help with granting proper credit on this quest.
* The Regeneration of the Depths from the Thought Police and Battle of Wills quests will now only heal characters within the Mind of the Overseer.
* Porticulum Masters in the Hollow, The Crawl, and Darkrun Wreckage will now accurately show their bind point names.
STEPPES OF INFINITY
* Zone Event: Fortress Defense: Legion Commander Storm Giant's special abilities now do proper damage.
* The example Ursin mount npcs are now named Ursin and match the available colors.
* Tempest Bay Calling trainers will now allow you to reset Planar Attunement.
* Practice dummies are now more forgiving and will let you out of combat faster. The healing practice dummy no longer has full health.
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Updated the movement speed of bosses to match up with the increased player run speed.
* Gangnum: Reduced damage of Chain Lightning.
* Reduced damage of Steelspark Swiftblade's Slashing Blitz.
* Zaviel has given her spheres new designations so she can tell them apart. The side effect of this is that Ascended should be able to better tell them apart also.
- Minions in the Crucia encounter no longer grant experience.
- Fixed a bug where Assault Frames could become unkillable.
- Increased the duration of the Tempest Elemental safezone.
- Added more VFX to the lasers so the damage boundaries are more visible.
RISE OF THE PHOENIX
* High Priest Arakhurn: Rocks in the encounter space have had their collision restored. Don't fall into the lava!
STORM BREAKER PROTOCOL
* Robo Rumble once again works on explosive barrels.
* Telaphalon: No longer casts a ground AoE in either difficulty.
TRIUMPH OF THE DRAGON QUEEN
* Grand Falconer Zoles: Added a reset trigger to reset this encounter should Zoles end up on the roof of his fight area.
* Standard: Navigating the Necrotic Corridors should now complete upon entry.
* Expert: The Funnel Vision achievement is now more achievable.
* New Conquest Daily and Weekly quests are now available in Tempest Bay.
* Warfront Bolstering now displays which items have been overriden with stats for PvP.
* A Conquest vendor is now available in Tempest Bay.
* Random Warfronts no longer grant Storm Legion-level experience when completed between levels 10-49.
* Increased healing by 5% for levels 1-60 in PvP.
* Notoriety-granting consumables are no longer usable inside Warfronts.
* Karthan Ridge: Matches now require only 5 players per team to start. Increased notoriety granted for completing matches. Notoriety is now granted for destroying Power Sinks.
* Fishing Derby quests are now broken down by Fishing skill - you should no longer receive a Fishing Derby quest for a zone your skill is too low to fish in.
* Fishing Derby reward marks are now based on your Fishing skill rather than the location you are sent to. Optional Tacklebox rewards are still zone-specific.
* Added new rewards to the Fishing Derby quests!
* Shipment recipes for Lanzan Cloth, Chiffon Cloth, and Empyrean Silk are now available on the Outfitter trainer.
* Gathering skill trainers are now located at the start of Storm Legion zones.
* Improved the Fishing starter quests and added two new ones to the line.
* Several items that required higher Salvaging skill than their craftable skill have been fixed.
* All Feasts can now be sold to merchants, if desired.
* The waters in Morban are now all set to require 270 Fishing skill.
* All ponds in The Academy in Kingsward, and in the Bogling area of City Core are now properly fishable.
* Fixed a bug that could require you to close and re-open the crafting window to use ingredients acquired while it was open.
* Depleted Empyreal Defender's Marker and Depleted Empyreal Tactician's Marker have their upgrade paths corrected.
* End-game armor sets now properly display their set information.
* Veteran's Experience Vials and Veteran's Prestige Vials have corrected durations on their tooltips.
* Command of the Nightwalker: Removed the erroneous second effect which is from Voice of the Undead King.
* Some random zone drops that were unsellable can now be sold.
* Escapist Ring and Quicksilver Seal should now properly display damage and duration on the item tooltip.
* Increased stats on the quest rewards from No Time to Bleed.
* Rare Brevanic Equipment Caches now award items to level 50 characters.
* Brevanic Equipment Caches now grant the proper power items to Mages between levels 50-53.
* Added a 25-count version of the Autumn Harvest Ambersap voucher.
* Frozen Eclipse Stone now sorts under Raid Currencies.
* Added a 'Who' option when clicking a player name in the chat window.
* An audio cue is now played when a temporary ability is added.
* Tooltips on the Stats pane will now display more detailed rating information about targets above or below your level for some stats.
* The upgradable item UI now has rarity outlines and comparison tooltips.
* Fixed a bug that could cause item stats to be improperly displayed for weapons not usable by your Calling.
* In some rare cases, characters' display of Lifetime Favor differed between the PvP window and the Achievement window - the Achievement count is correct, and the PvP window should now be synced up to match.
* Increased performance of the Projected Textures video setting. When in scenes with no projected textures you will no longer take a performance hit.
* RIFTConnect: Fixed an issue with screenshots posted to Facebook that still displayed UI even when the option to hide UI was checked.
2.2 is pretty close, tho no official date yet and from what I hear it will open the new max level area Dendrome.