Rift Storm Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Calmmo, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I intend to be soon, I'll have more time for gaming and the like. I'm in the mood for an MMO and MoP fell flat for me. I'm mainly a PvE player so it's the only port of call for me right now from all I've read.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, for PvE there's no better than Rift imho. For some people WoW still is the best, but it seems for those who can't get over the panda crap and how it's all been dumbed down compared to vanilla Rift is the other option. I myself love it, PvE is great and I will actually try PvP with my rogue as well, I remember playing PvP with my mage and sucking badly, but that doesn't even matter much because I can take or leave PvP, was mainly getting PvP gear because I played on PvP server and getting ganked stopped being fun pretty soon.

Anyway, if you do pick up Rift mate, create a char on Icewatch, that's where me and Alex are (although he is pretty hardcore atm, whilst I'm only leveling atm and then we'll see). Either way will be good to see you online.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Will do mate, appreciate it. I need to find my account details, I wont resub right off as I think I can play my toon to level 20 at least. I enjoy the odd bout of PvP and in other games can be very much into it. I used to do a lot in Eve, and that's oddly the sort of PvP I enjoy. Very time consuming habit, however, you needed a lot of isk even with insurance at the higher end.

I don't mind Pandaland as a premise, I'd even say the leveling in MoP is fantastic compared to Cata. But that's 5 levels for me now, barely worth it with the expansion cost let alone sub cost really.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ah, fair play. ok, well you can level to 20 and see what happens, oh btw, go guardian like me pls, don't play the baddies like Alex, even though from what I understand it doesn't really matter which faction you pick if you play on PvE servers. I feel the same about PvP, it's good to have it in there and I do like to kill some time in structured PvP. In fact, I miss playing on a PvP server, it just adds that little bit of a spark to exploring when you have to run from other faction players. It did get a bit annoying in shimmersands in Rift where we often got ganked by massive groups of defiants :(

anyway, keep us posted and let us know when you start playing.

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Shall do. Will be mid week most likely, I'm going to finish off a Witcher 2 playthrough before starting. Shouldn't take long.

It's odd mind you, when I got into MMO's properly I was hardcore pvp. WoW comes to mind, back when you had server rankings. I'd spend ridiculous amounts of time to make sure I was top ten each week simply to grab the first High Warlord on my server - myself and a couple of guild mates were pretty much fighting for top 3 for months.

War / Rogue / Shadow Priest (Myself being the war). Some of the best times I've had in a game, but the time spent to compete was too much in the end. Good memories of it, though - prefer it as you said to be optional now. That or hardcore enough for one fight to be worth it so I don't need to spend much time.

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Darkest im on Icewatch too! Low level as well.

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Capes are SL only. The "intro" dungeon will open this weekend tho it's for 50s (its considered 50-52 normal i believe).

Depending on where you bought SL from you will get a wardrobe cape (means no stats at all) in your mail. (i also got the infinity edition so i got the cyclone mount and a portal generator)

I didnt actually check in the beta but i think the BiS capes will be craftable just like the Seals. (both are basicaly just stat boost slots tho capes also have models/physics and they start coming from the main quests in the starter areas of SL *notice all SL content is 50+, not sure if they will add lower level capes, but im guessing they will)

You can see the cape slot in the screenshot there (and notice how the BiS chain chest from lvl 50 has faaar far less armor than the test mage cloth chest from lvl60 expert dungeons, sad panda :( )

[​IMG]

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I got the standard edition sl from rift website, does it come with a cape? I want one :)

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    yeh you should get

• Storm Warden's Cape
    • Exodus of the storm queen dungeon access

*found a pic from the website

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, nice! Thanks mate.

12. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I guess you guys are on an EU server?

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    yeah mate! Eclap i added u but cant whisper :(

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not online atm maybe that's why. and yeah, we're all on icewatch eu

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    nah the other day u were online i tried whispering and it didnt let me. It said, person has to accept as a friend first!

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmm, online now but can't see a friend request. try again, I'm playing Trixxxie atm. oh, what's your name in game?

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ive added both(tirxxie and ganlieta)...errrm one nabicus and nagis i think

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Got this in the mail today. (Open) Beta 3 starting in 2 days

Also a preview for some of the dungeons
    http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/337484536

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Alex, here's my SweetFX config, give it a try:

Code:
       /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
      /                      Choose effects                         /
      '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN   1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM         0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR           1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR   1 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX           1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP       1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE      1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES        1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA         0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE      0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER        0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.10           // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 95      // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16  // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 50        // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.80   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp    0.035  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 4        // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                             // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                        HDR settings                         /
    #define HDRPower 1.1  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.9  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11        //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower  2.8         //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/                      Cineon DPX settings                    /
    #define Red   8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue  8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    2.5  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 3.0  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC  0.34  //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/                      Lift Gamma Gain settings               /
    #define RGB_Lift  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
    #define Gamma 1.02       //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00      //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.010  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
    #define Vibrance 0.12 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                        Curves settings                      /
    #define Curves_contrast 0.30  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 7      //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use. 

/                         Sepia settings                      /
    #define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
    #define GreyPower  0.11                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/                       Vignette settings                     /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8       //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
    //No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
    //This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/                     Splitscreen settings                    /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It crashed me, dunno. Just using one of the presets atm since i havent had much time to mess around with it

doesnt look bad tho :p

Anyway, ill be on beta again, so if anyone comes just buzz me there :p (its cross region on the beta so it shouldnt be an issue