Rift FPS?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Roost 12, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Roost 12

Roost 12 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5670 1GB
    Hi,

has anyone found a solution to Rift fps problems? I will be more specific by describing my issue: the game's fps in a crowded city of Sanctum is always around 15 fps. Changing from Min graphics settings to Ultra results in only 2-3 fps difference. If my system was too weak then Ultra should hog it way down, not for just 2 frames per second. So basically it seems as if the game's settings wouldn't work performance-wise (do they work graphically).

I tried using custom Fallout dx9.dll file (and running Rift with -dx9 parameter so it used it), performance tips on the official forums, as well as editing rift.cfg file (cpu core, misc, raising vfx settings to insane levels). Nothing has made a change. Oh, the only thing that does work is setting Anisotropic filtering in ATI drivers instead of in Rift itself (supposedly the game handles that poorly). That gave like 2-5 frames but the fps still remains more or less the same across Min and Ultra settings.

Any idea what could be the cultrip?

PS: I had a similar problem in Lotro about a year ago - no matter what I found there were world drawing issues (far objects were flickering/disappearing etc). I also tried everything back then. What fixed it was installing Win7 64bit. Weird fix. I am already using 64bit Windows so I can't apply that fix to Rift now. :)

2. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    It's the game I get only 30fps on all settings even in huge fights It drops to 18fps even If I lower the settings :puke2:

3. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Same here :

All setting maxed in 1920*1080 without AA.

Between 30fps and 55fps
    :3eyes:

4. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    The engine is pretty terrible.

5. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    It seems like it has a nasty memory leak too. In the same locations will go from 55fps when I log in to 30 after an hour or so. The flora starts popping in and out alot too when this happens.

I hope they can get it fixed up, I might check it out again if they ever get the engine working good.

6. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    Yeah...

It requires literally twice the hardware as anything else to max out simply due to a lack of optimization.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Funny part is that RIFT performs better on nvidia.

With a GTX260 I get the same fps pushed out as my HD5870 using 11.5 - 11.7, which is 17-59fps with SSAA enabled and up to 88 fps with no AA.

GTX460 2 way SLI pushes 100-120fps with SSAA, shadows off and some others slightly reduced.
    With everything maxed in both game and driver the setup still has 80fps as its minimum fps!

Catalyst 11.4 performs slightly better with the game.

Now I wonder how well a single GTX570 works with the game.
    Cause I want a new card, and it's not going to be a 6xxx

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I get just over 20fps in the main square of Sanctum, 1080p, ultra settings, no AA (SSAO on). outside busy areas (towns and such) I'm getting 30+, this is including rifts. Runs pretty ok but I would like to see it perform better. It looks nice, but I would expect 40fps constant from a game that looks like that. Still, this won't stop me playing it.

Major killer is AA obviously. the edge smoothing looks pretty nasty, the supersampling cripples the performance too much...

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    In Sanctum; when the shard is busy, I get around 20-35fps with SSAA turned on, shadows and ambient occlusion turned off.
    The darn thing with this game is, that it looks sharpest and smoothest with SSAA.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah.... I played around with some settings... AO on with shadows off looks good. Shadows off mean a big performance boost. Maybe I could even get away with running AA this way. but. I really want this to perform better still...

11. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    no fix for this, it seems rift the company knows about it and still has not done anything about it, if i were you guys, put a ticket in with Rift and see what the response is and post it here, ill do the samething and see what they say and ill post it to.

12. Roost 12

Roost 12 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5670 1GB
    Good idea. I shall do just that.

13. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    If the hardware you've listed on the left is any indication I'd say that your already weak GPU is bottlenecked by your CPU.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Some people just need to upgrade a bit....

15. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    his specs are fine to run a such an old engine, even my 7800gtx can run this game fine lol

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Rift uses an old graphics engine? I was of the impression that Trion Worlds actually created something....

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  17. freedumb

freedumb Member

GPU:
    4890 cf
    it took them almost a year to fix the crossfire issue for ATI users, however it was a lone community member that discovered what was causing the problem.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That's pretty pathetic when a community member has to tell a developer how to fix their software...

19. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    they will fix it, because the community is soooo strong in this game, they have patches almost weekly

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

isn't there a preview trial?

i think i saw it once, but now i cant find it anymore.. Well I can try it and report back how it runs on this 570gtx:nerd: