[RIFT] & [CF of HD6970] & Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by djsebfr, Apr 10, 2011.

1. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Hi !

Is there anybody here who play RIFT with a CF of HD6970 and tell me if there is a real gain of performance ? in 1920*1080 / With Extreme details in parameters of RIFT.

With one HD6970 , 25 fps average (20min < 30max in all situations)

i hope that with two ,maybe 50 fps average ?

Thx in advance.

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    You'll have to make a Radeon Pro profile to take real advantage of both of your 6970's.

Just move the MVPUMode slider to the middle "Alternate Frame Rendering" and you'll have great CrossfireX Scale.

I never see it below 90-100fps :)

3. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Thanks !

Do i uninstall the CCC2 before install radeonpro ?

4. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    No, you do not need to uninstall anything.

I'd suggest using VSYNC, you'll get a constant +60fps all the time and less heat/noise on the cards :)

Glad I could help.

5. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Rift is not yet optimized for crossfire settings.

currently using 2 x 5970 at 5870 freq, but no gains at all.

they are aware of this, but no plan yet for crossfire optimization.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    For me RIFT is optimised but is very buggy with CFX.
    I normally get somewhere around 50-60fps (Vsync) @ 1920x1200, Ultra & Edge Smoothing (yuck) but not this high in rifts obviously. If I run the game with just one card I get ~ 35-40 fps so its close to half the performance.

Now, if I target a mob and engage in combat the load on my GPUs rise from ~70-85% to 95+ and my fps drop by 20 (to single card performerance). When I alt-tab out and then in again my FPS jumps up to previous values and the GPUs load decreases.

I've tried this with MSI afterburner walking around Silverwood and into Quicksilver city. I notice that the GPU load does flutter quite a bit between 70-85% like I said depending on what the screen displays. But if I get the targeting/combat bug then the GPU load is very constant (GPU1 95%, GPU2 91%) which should indicate that this is indeed a bug and I guess that the solution is a new CAP.

7. slipey

slipey New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 (+135/+490)
    Apparently the poor crossfire performance is caused by the 3d portraits in the game. Trion is aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Check out this thread on the support forum:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?154465-3d-Portrait-model-s-is-what-s-breaking-Crossfire

You can work around the issue by using RadeonPro to enable AFR as suggested above. Also, I have noticed better image quality/performance with AF disabled in-game and then forced to 16x through the RadeonPro profile.

8. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    So, problem still here.

Impossible to have more than 50 fps in CF 6970 with my crappy cpu/mobo.

I think ur i7/2600k make the different...

[] --> :pc1: :banana: