Rich Piana dies at 46

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    [​IMG]

Bodybuilder Rich Piana has died — just two weeks after being placed in a medically induced coma. He was 46.

The former Mr. California’s death was confirmed Friday morning in a Facebook post by his estranged wife Sara Piana.

“I’m in tears writing this that @1dayumay has just passed away,” Sara wrote. “I can barely believe this… I am so saddened & heartbroken that he didn’t make it.”

“I just want to say THANK YOU Rich for teaching me so much about life, whether it was the easy or the hard way,” she added. “We had our ups and downs but we sure had an awesome time in each other’s presence along with us fighting through some dark times together. You truly touched many people’s heart and helped so many!!! It inspired me in many ways to see the huge impact you had on people all over the world.”

She continued: “Rich, I hope you feel better now in heaven and that you’re up there healthy, smiling & telling everyone, ‘How it is, being REAL & doing your thing.’ Rest In Peace my dear husband.”

http://people.com/bodies/rich-piana-obituary/

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    His physical form was crazy, I mean it looks impressive and I've never heard of him before but is this not artificial visual bulker stuff like synthol?

Not that I'm trying to belittle his death as tragic as is at 46

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Synthol is basically a liquid/oil they inject into your body.

You look 'soft' and not defined if you use it heavily.
    But AFAIK he did use it at some point.
    He was an opiate addict and heavily used steroids.

4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I've never heard of him but he looks scary. :eek:

5. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Rumours were it wasn't synthol but another type of oil to pump him up called PMMA, other rumours that he had implants in his shoulders, loads of videos of him on YT, he was a nice guy, heart in the right place, but completely mental :D

rflair likes this.
  6. kastriot

kastriot Maha Guru

GPU:
    Z-AMP.extr-GTX980 1.5GHz
  7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    His arms look like those action figures of the 80s.

8. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    He was big part of the YouTube fitness community, also more famous then any current top ranked BB. Watched very little of his videos but he did come off as very likable.

airbud7 and Extraordinary like this.
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Looked like that gears of war guy to me.

10. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    They're saying heart attack caused the collapse, then 22st body weight when he hit his head caused his brain injury, gf tried CPR but couldn't, so lack of oxygen to his brain until paramedics arrived caused brain damage > medically induced coma that he never recovered from

I'd watched a few videos of him talking about his roid use / hgh use and that he knew his heart would have been enlarged and hardened, and talking to a doctor about wanting to reduce his roid usage but keep his build, so I think he knew he didn't have long unless he drastically changed his ways

airbud7 likes this.

11. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    How can you even use the word fitness and apply it to him, he was in his prime and died due to roid use.

He had a lot of muscles, thanks to roids and died because of how unfit he was a a result of the side effects of roids. He was a big part of the youtube roidness community and I hope he serves as a cautionary tale.

The next one will be 'The Mountain' who is in his mid 20s and looks like he is 50 years old and is fully bald.

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I've seen Schwarzenegger talk about this in some of his Youtube videos. Crazy the obsession about this body building stuff wanting to look like some Hulk monster. The green version.

What is the point to all this if the drugs or lack of fitness is going to impact your health or worse, eventually kill you.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I was and still am so sad about this news. :(

Youtube will never be the same without Rich, or at least the "fitness" part of it. I watched his videos more for the comments, they we're incredibly hilarious.

He himself was a very charismatic and likable guy, despite the "extreme" shell, and I actually learned a lot about the drug side of bodybuilding through him. He was extremely popular, and polarizing, even now after his death.

I will never judge someone by they way they look or are willing to do with their body. I know I would never do something like this to myself, but hey, it was his life and he lived it on his own terms... and entertained us while at it.

RIP

14. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
    A sad, cautionary tale of drug abuse leading to an early death. I don't understand the obsession surrounding the whole industry. I can only hope that his untimely demise will discourage more people from following the same lifestyle, but the money and fame he had will probably encourage more people.... sad indeed. Condolences to his family nonetheless.

15. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI

16. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    The Youtube 'fitness' community is large and covers all aspects of 'fitness', I get it, BB really isn't 'fitness' and also not a sport.

Still the man never lied about any of it and I do respect him for that. The drug part was insane but informative. I am one to tell everyone at the GYM who mentions 'steroids' that it is not worth it, really a waste, its not you.

Solfaur and airbud7 like this.
  17. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    I can assure you this guy did Not take synthol, Synthol will make your muscle look soft and big,Rich on the other hand there was nothing soft on this guy just freaky big. Its sad he passed-away at such a young age 46 is nothing.

I tried synthol 1 time in my calfs and Never again. I could not walk the following 2 weeks plus it did nothing except give me scar-tissue. These guys take so much crap its a miracle they make it past 40 years old,I gave up the roids going on 15 years now I havent touched Anything I am really proud of that! .....But when I was on the best in my opinion was the Bulgarian Dianabol or d-ball for short, 5mg and 2mg they had at the time from sopharma I use to take up to 30-40 d-balls a day and man that stuff made you into an absolute Beast!!! UNREAL strength increase I will tell you that much lol.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Roids do not help as much as some of you guys may think,the main thing in this game is your Genatics you either got it or you dont lol. Iam not one to brag but at 40 currently I look like iam on the juice but I really train natrually, I do not even drink protein shakes nothing except 2-3 meals a day normal meals sometimes even less.Genatics guys.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    30-40 x 2mg-5mg? So anywhere from 60mg - 200mg per day?

Surprised you still have a liver lol

20. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Needless to say so am I lol! I used them for about 10 years or so then slowly but surly I started getting more and more injuries-Hurniated disks in my lower back (heavy squating) Left shoulder pain all the time but I guess its not so bad I can still train and keep-up with most 20 year olds.Also did a couple of cycles of Testosterone but I was never a guy who enjoyed shots to be honest.

1) Dianabol
    2)Testosterone cipanate/Propinate/ Please dont hold me to the names its been really long time lol.
    3)Winstrol-V stanzinol-Pills-Also very very good!
    4)Anadrol 50-Pills very strong.
    5)Hgh-Human growth hormone.

Out of all of those if I had to pick.....HGH always wins,you could sit on the couch eat all day and build freaking muscle its that good lol.Will cost you around $1500 a month also.

Extraordinary likes this.