rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Outrance, Jan 10, 2012.

1. timSR3

timSR3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Ah ok mate, makes sense..

2. 200+club

200+club Banned

GPU:
    evga gtx580 cl-ul 3072
    this new business model for rf2 will flop in the usa.
    personally i have countless hours in rf1 but it has never been good enough to warrant a subscription and in my mind never will be.
    unless a person spends 1k+ on a wheel there is no way to make the handling feel worth a subscription.
    the most i will ever spend on a wheel is what i already have with a g25 and ffb sux no matter what tweaks are done.

3. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
  4. timSR3

timSR3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Thanks Nismo

5. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 2 GB
  6. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 2 GB

It's $13 a YEAR for the online subscription. A bargain if you ask me. And I have a lowly Black Momo, and the FFB is fantastic for me, you must have some settings botched up with your wheel. BTW, I'm in the U S A, and paid for the beta the day it came out, and have ZERO regrets.

7. timSR3

timSR3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    This. It's not like it's £9/month. And ditto on ffb, it's great for me even on my old dfp.

9. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    They have to charge a sub because of all the idiots who think iracing is worth hundreds of dollars.

10. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah but £12 a year in comparison to that a month is pretty good going. Plus there is the option of the lifetime one off subscription. The amount of " AAA " titles i wasted the money on last year that were just shelved within a month i think it's a steal. Titles like rF2 due to modding will last years. I raced rF1 for a good 6 years

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    try setting everything to medium and low and run a race then go back to highest settings, for some reason this helped me alot. also update to latest version as it got some nice performance increase.

12. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 2 GB
    One thing that just KILLS FPS for me is the Environmental Reflections.... try turning those off, and see if it helps your frames. I just did a little test with the Meganes at Mills, and I gained a good 30-40 FPS by turning them off. Also, turn off SSAA if you have it on in your drivers 3D section, another major FPS killer.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  13. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    sry bit off topic but i watched the review of the new thrustmaster wheel yesterday and if it wasnt for the fixed gear padels i would prolly get one. its so powerfull it nearly through the guy out his chair lol. looks like i'll be keeping the trusty old g25 for a while longer.

back on topic, £13 a year subscription? is this right. if it is im fully onboard and i'll see you guys on the track.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, around that. 12 ish. You get 18 months free when you buy the game as well.

15. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 2 GB
    The free 18 months is if you get the beta. You can also pay around $80.00 and get lifetime online subscription. And the $13 a year is after the first year, it is $49 for the beta, and that includes 18 months of online play.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ah, so I do get the 18 months because I bought the game already from rfactor2 website, correct? I paid £30.

EDIT: just ran a couple of races using the meganes round palm beach. same race settings for both races. thing is I struggled to get the tires up to temperature (only around 40C after 3 laps). is this random? I still managed to keep up in the mid pack, meaning it looked like all the AI cars struggled to get the temps up as well. My tire temps were in the 60s after 3 laps in the first race.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  17. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 2 GB
    Yes, you get the 18 months. And I am pretty sure the tire temps are a bug that is on the list to be fixed in future builds.

18. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    After reading this thread I'm going to have to buy this this weekend, anyone here using a thrustmaster t500 with this game, I've been a little underwhelmed with the FFB in iracing and this sounds promising.

19. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Same.

20. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Last edited: May 24, 2012