Revolver

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by lewislink, Mar 19, 2008.

1. lewislink

lewislink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    I just saw Revolver this evening. I knew nothing about the movie and hadn't even heard of it till seeing it on the rack at the movie rental house. It looked good after seeing Liotta was in it. I figured it would be a simple gangster shoot 'em up movie but wow what a surprise! Before playing it I noticed that Jason Statham was in it also and decided "Okay, this is going to be a very good movie."

I still figured it to be a shoot'em up. Little did I know it would be one of the best acted movies I have ever seen. And it would also have one heck of a fine story line if not a very deep story line. These guys really did some excellent acting. Statham is going places. He's going to be one of the better actors in history. Liotta showed an excellent job and the others as well.

I won't say this movie is for a wide audience, i believe it to be too strange a plot or idea to cater to the mass, but it is a very good plot. I personally think this is award material.

2. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    Its a fantastic movie, seen it a few times still hard to follow but all the same fantastic watch :)

3. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I saw it, but thought it was a little too abstract. I did like the twist with the chess master and expert conman. I also liked the black Cadillac in the beginning.

4. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    WTF

this is possibly the worst scripted, worst acted films i have ever seen.

J statham cannot act: he's the british Paul Walker (same style & same characters)

the bank job was good though.

my wife went to see it at the cinema, came home and said it was pish. i watched it on dvd and waqs disgusted.

5. lewislink

lewislink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Ah yeah, Paul Walker...I love his work also. I especially liked the job he did in Eight Below. :) Fine actor. Into the Blue was another great job he did.

6. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    PAUL WALKER as PAUL WALKER in 'PAUL WALKER does some amazing sheeeit'

in cinemas NOW.

i hate him so much it makes me cry.

7. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Ahhh... don't get me started about Paul Walker and similar "slashees" (model/actor :D) like Fabio...
    As long as most of the shallow minded women salivate over those pretty boys, we will still have to endure horrible actors that cannot act even if their life depended on it... ;)
    Sex sells, so I guess we should learn to live with it somehow... :p :D