Review: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this article we test and review the new Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan, it is priced spot on 219 USD, the MSRP of the new non-Ti model, meet the small and compact GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan edition...

Review: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan

chispy and BlackZero like this.
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I think this is the longest we've had to wait for a GPU review in a while. :D

3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    This is quite consistently beating Radeon 580. AMD can't get Navi out soon enough. It's not like they could lower the prices much anymore, yet their old products have lost the performance race for good now.

That ought to be GTX 1660. Such confusing numbering, to be honest. Nobody can be blamed for mistyping occasionally.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That was already fixed, but thanks. And yeah, the numbering is a bit of a drag with this series.

5. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Did you ever notice coil whine on any of the Zotac cards that you tested? Or any other brand for that matter? I guess it will also be situation specific, like very high FPS on an in-game menu for instance....hopefully not during actual game-play.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Lot's of high-end Zotacs had coil whine as I noted in all the reviews. This one, however, did not have any substantial enough whine. Mind you that any card given an extremely high-FPS will make a bit of it.

7. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Vega 64 DIY
    Though sell here in Denmark, 40 € cheaper then a Vega 56, but the Vega has 3 games in the box, so essentially the same price, if you want the games.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Vega56 is also a much faster card.

9. tunejunky

tunejunky Maha Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070
    this card is an easy sale to system builders. you can do a proper 1080p, which is as mainstream as it gets and the price is in the right neighborhood. Nvidia really must want the cash as there are no games bundled...which imho comes off as arrogant. the games don't even have to be good...i won't be surprised to see Fortnite editions (or the similar) w/rgb for extra money.

chispy likes this.
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Great review Hilbert , nice read thank you. Not bad for 1080p gaming and i see temps and low tdp helps a lot on this video card but i believe price should be lower in my opinion.

11. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Good to know thanks Hilbert (PS : I don't always have time to read every review word for word, but I try ;) )