Review: Toshiba OCZ RD400 PCIe (M.2. NVMe) 512GB SSD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A M.2. SSD that reads at 2600 MB/s and writes at 1600 MB/s. We just caught your attention didn't we? We review, test and benchmark the new Toshiba OCZ RD400 PCIe NVME SSD. The product series is among...

Review: Toshiba OCZ RD400 PCIe (M.2. NVMe) 512GB SSD

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great review as always Hilbert , amazing fast speeds this controller puts out i like that but , I'm getting worried about those temperatures this new M2 drives are hitting and throtling because they are not properly cool , perhaps they should start including good heatsinks or better cooling solutions with them to help it cool down all that heat coming from those highly clock controllers , nand and pcb , 70c is quite hot :/

3. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    It's just the companies being cheap I slapped some enzotech copper heatsinks on my 950 pro with just thermal tape and didn't even bother using the thermal adhesive on it. It's hard to break 30c on it now and it never goes over 40c. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Thank you for taking the time for putting this together. That said, is there any real world noticeable difference between this and a standard sata ssd? I mean, does the machine boot faster? Do games load noticeably faster without a timer to see the difference?

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gaming and OS wise honestly I doubt you'd notice a difference as you are going from split second fast to something faster then that split second. It's perception. As with anything PC - it depends on workload and purpose.