Review: PowerColor 5700 RED DEVIL

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Active Member

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Just pre-ordered the XT version. Upgrading from an RX 570. I hope it can play older games.

Maddness likes this.
  2. Lordhawkwind

Lordhawkwind New Member

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream GTX970
    The 5700 XT Red Devil is total Vapoureware it's not available anywhere in Europe or Australia so a complete joke TBH. I know it's down to the AIB's but AMD can't really afford this kind of screw up. By all accounts there are NO AIB cards available to buy in the UK. Pre-orders are going back to 16/09 WTF. Total clustr**ck if you ask me.

3. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    Yea it's the same story in Canada too they where listed out of stock pretty well.

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    In my neck of the woods, I'm surprised at the response of the normally nVidia-centric forumers here, many are buying the 5700/5700 XT's. The few shops that do carry them (in the local tech mall here) have had their stock of the cards sold out within a day or two. A popular one is Sapphire cards with the 'Pulse' moniker, some are inquiring about PC 'Red Devil' too, I'm intrigued as well......but with a VEGA64 Red Devil in my rig, I'm holding out for big Navi with hardware capable RT......and it's gotta be a Red Devil.

5. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Am I missing something ? Am I in cuckoo land ?

Have warranties crept back from 3yrs to 2yrs?

6. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    I'd quite like to buy an AMD card for a change, but I'm caught in the trap of a Gsync monitor! And I gotta give it at least one more GPU upgrade before I can justify buying a new monitor. AMD aren't that compelling with their products at the moment, I suppose a Freesync monitor is cheaper than a Gsync version, so there is that string to the bow, but Gsync is technically a little better than freesync anyway so it kind of balances out a little. I wanna see what the NVidia 3xxx are gonna be like.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    I get that, sorta like Apple, once you're entrenched in the eco-system, it's kinda hard to move to another. As for myself, I've always tried to support AMD due to their use of open source software, and to some extend, hardware as well. An AMD GPU will never get Gsync support on a Gsync monitor, but Freesync monitors can support Gsync. I have a Freesync monitor in the Acer XR341CK and a Freesync 2 monitor in the LC49HG90DMEXXS, so I guess I can do both AMD and nVidia cards (IF I choose to go that route). Right now, I'm hoping that AMD gets NAVI 21 and 23 right, with robust RT support and at least 2080 Ti level in non-RT games. I'm willing to wait, and my monitors are ever so ready for 'em.:cool:

Robbo9999 and Maddness like this.
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    What "older games" are you looking to play? I play BF4, DA:O, DA2, TL and TL2 and my FX5700 doesn't appear to be having any issues with them.