1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review: PowerColor 5700 RED DEVIL

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We visit the beast (the non-XT model) PowerColor 5700 RED DEVIL that we review today. It has increased clocks, increased looks and well is just customized all the way. Not just that, it is marketed at...

Review: PowerColor 5700 RED DEVIL

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Beautiful card. I like the devil redisign and performance seems decent at that price.

You do not rest Hilbert, do you? :p

Maddness likes this.
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I'll advance on that, this card arrived like yesterday due to all kinds of bad weather in the Taiwan region, and I had been prepping the XT review, and they send the non-XT one. So yes, that was a long day + evening

Maddness and airbud7 like this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Well we needed one non-xt review beside all that xt's you did this days. Lets hope weather in taiwan will get under control.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I hope the power usage is a typo. This card is using ~50W more than reference 5700 and only about 2% faster. Temps are OK but noise is great.

Maddness and Undying like this.
  6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That is not correct indeed, checking and fixing.

7. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Master Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT Red Dragon
    Looks like a great card. Hope it settles a bit in price.

8. Vananovion

Vananovion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56
    So basically the same performance as before, just with way better thermals and noise. I'm starting to think that the only reason AMD makes reference cards with a blower style cooler is so that their partners can turn profit.

Maddness likes this.
  9. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    Great review, nice card.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I wonder about XT. But this one is for now best one in terms of temperature to noise. Good Job PowerColor.

Edit: @Hilbert Hagedoorn : Can you add photo showing how/where heatpipes touch that large hotplate?

Are they touching it even above memory chips? That could significantly improve their thermals.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Maddness likes this.

11. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Titan V 32gb CEO
    The GPU shoot out chart does not include Titan V and Titan RTX. As they are not professional Quadro series cars why are they not included? Titan XP is included.

12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Have you seen a review on our website on these? Nope, because NVIDIA would not send it out to media.

13. zero_cool

zero_cool Active Member

GPU:
    Two amd fury X
    Are you on internet explorer? What kind of stupid question is this?

14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
    Why don't you buy one to review it? /sarcasm

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Why don't you buy one so we can review it? /sarcasm ;)

sykozis and Maddness like this.

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
    Hilbert Hagedoorn 1 - MonstroMart 0

17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Man, both NVidia & AMD need to start making big boy cards again, just look at this power consumption chart:
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/powercolor-5700-red-devil-review,8.html
    You can see that the AMD 295x2 and Titan Z were up at 500W! They need to start offering chips large enough (enough transistors) to consume that amount of power combined with some awesome cooling - now that would be a high end card with some exciting performance...they should do it!

Ok, they were both dual GPU cards, but still that's extra performance, and if they could offer that amount of transistors in one chip then that would be the pinacle - more transistors please!

EDIT: if 500W is the sensible limit for the physical cooling on one card, then I think they should try to fill that - that's max performance for the people!

18. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
    BTW guys i'm looking to buy a 5700XT since it performs just a tiny notch under a 2070 Super and cost significantly less in Canada. Don't try to sell me ray tracing please i just don't think it's worth the premium asked for now i'm just looking to get more fps at 2k without having to spend 700$ CAD.

I never bought PowerColor but it looks like they have the best 5700 so far. Just watched a review for the Red Devil 5700XT on youtube and i like what i see. Nearly silent. Cool enough. Power consumption ain't too bad it's definitely within the acceptable range for me. And well it looks good imo. Anyone bought PowerColor in the past? How are their support and warranty?

19. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    shhssh, either go all out or stay at home.....other wise bias....

20. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    That is a very quiet video card; kicking tail vs all the competition that I've seen so far (referring to acoustics).

I have owned several PowerColor GPUs over the past decade and the only time i had to deal with their warranty was over 8 years ago when I had a brand new GPU delivered with a fan that hit the shroud as soon as it was started. They replaced it without any trouble; granted that was a long time ago so I don't know what their support is like now. More recently I did have a Red Devil Rx 480 8GB that had a great cooler on it and ran well for me for over 2 years (I sold it when I upgraded my secondary system to a 4K monitor).