Review: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We're checking out the new Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass mid-tower PC chassis, which is the successor to the Evolv ATX. The first important difference is the use of tempered glass panels ins...

Review: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV X

2. bonomork

bonomork Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 6800XT
    Great review as always!
    I've ordered the X dream case from Germany, I hope to ge it on November

3. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    Thanks. I always want to keep up with Guru3d's high standards. I love this chassis :)

4. riot83

riot83 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    The EVOLV ATX was the worst case that I've bought. The temperatures with the front panel on are horrible, my gpu and cpu temps dropped by 8-10 degrees when I removed it, now I havent had it on for past 6months, so temps are fine but case looks ugly now. From now on I'll avoid "solid front" panel design on all cases

GSDragoon likes this.

5. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    Yes, I know that original EVOLV had issues with the airflow. I had some worries about it before doing the review of X. But in final result - it was fine :)
    As for the "solid front" cases, it's a trend now for almost all of the manufacturers...

6. Mele

Mele Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    I bought and then returned the case. I was going to build in it but then I come to realize I still like my NZXT Phantom 820 with a cool custom full window mod, built in lighting-controller, RGB fans just about everywhere-top bottom-front-back and an integrated fan controller, still current somewhat with USB 2.0-3.0 ports.

7. Minedsafe

Minedsafe Guest

GPU:
    290x
    I'm still using my Corsair 800d, Everytime I want to change and look around I just can't justify spending 200e or more for something I already have somehow. I think 800d is well ahead of it's time, with almost endless possibilities not compromising on drive bays, coolers or GPU length. It's not perfect, but hey, there is no perfect case. I think this case will stay with me for another couple of years.

8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I have the non x one and i can't say i have bad temps, i mean not that bad as to complain.

Cpu doesn't reach 70 with a 4.8 ghz oc, only gpu gpu reaches 75 max, but its also overclocked. Cpu is on a custom loop and dellided with liquid metal, but even when i had a nh15 it would still be reasonable temp wise, max 82 if i remember correctly on a 4.7 ghz oc.

I can see it being problematic on all air cooling though.

Love phanteks cases but my next case i want to be at least full tower, unfortunately the elite is too expensive for me.

9. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I wish they'd offer this case $15 cheaper without RGB. I was really enjoying the review until i got to page 9 and i had that reaction when you get a whiff of a skunk... and threw up in my mouth just a little. I can't wait till this fad comes to an end.

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Agree with Phanteks EVOLV ATX and their poor airflow, have built for friend there loop and we are modified top and front panel because front and top panel has been way too restrictive, over here OCUK offers Airflow/Flow edition

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...w-edition-mid-tower-case-black-ca-07d-pt.html

Regarding the new EVOLV X, looks like good case, owned their Enthoo Primo and loved this case, its has been my favourite case

With bit of luck, will be getting this case for my brother

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

11. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    I wouldn't count on it, that's the trend with RGB and probably won't change ever... But in fact, you can disable the lights, right?

12. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    Apparently this case raises all performance in games by at least 15%.

13. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    You can always buy 30 USD chassis and get a better cpu/gpu. It's good to have a choice, nobody is forcing to buy the more expensive one, correct?

14. Jake-from-State-Farm

Jake-from-State-Farm Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1080-FE
    A well-written review. Thanks much for that.

I just took the Evolv X out of the box. Still waiting for the 9900K from B&H Photo. I'm due to get the Asus Strix 2080ti tomm (Wednesday). I'm wondering if the EVGA 2080ti FTW3 is better(??)... may swap for it.

The new rig: Asus Maximus Hero XI (WiFi), 2080ti (which one?), 9900K, Corsair 3200 mem, Noctua HSF, Noctua Chromax case fans, Samsung EVO 1TB, Acer HB271HU (27" IPS, 2560x1440, G-Sync)