Review: Palit GeForce RTX 2060 GamingPro OC 6G

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 14, 2019.

1. HappyRogue

HappyRogue New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1050
    Different cooling designs. Different memory manufacturer. Different overclock app. Different clock speed.

2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Temperatures & Noise are some of the most useful aspects of the review, and that's specific to each individual model, so I find the reviews useful, but if I'm in a rush I'll just skip to the Power Consumption/Heat/Noise/Sustained Clock Speed/Overclocking pages.

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Unless you want to make an informed choice when buying, why would you read every last review? There's a lot more to do on the internet.

4. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080Ti
    I noticed that Asus GPU prices became crazy with RTX. Asus thinks that they are Apple of GPUs or something with such ludicrous prices. For example: all 2080Tis are around 1100-1250 eur, while Asus STRIX is 1550 eur. Madness.

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Here in the US, i'm already seeing pre-orders for $349.

Also, here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Lol that card is so weird looking, it's like a square.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You can order a FE for $349 right on Nvidia's website. With this card I don't see a benefit in going AIB.

8. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Weren't people recently complaining about them not being shorter? Now that you see a short one, people complain about it being "Square". lol. If nVidia found the cure for cancer tomorrow, many on this forum would be complaining about all the cancer researchers being out of a job.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in the UK there are
    Same here in the UK, the equivalent of $349 for FE.

I also saw AIB cards for that price as well, no idea how good there are though.

10. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I've seen some reports that the card is a pain to disassemble, lots of glue and screws, so if you envision changing the paste or replacing a fan or two down the line it might be better to choose a more enthusiast-friendly AIB version. The cooler seems very respectable for stock performance though, I grant you that.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The AIB's I've seen for $349 there is no way they out perform the FE.

The audience this entry is aimed at isn't disassembling. That's just homeboy at GN trying to find a negative to harp on with this card.

12. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Generally speaking I'd agree but I would be more secure in that assumption if this wasn't priced as an enthusiast card.
    I suppose it's in line with the kind of development we've seen in the smartphone space, where even basic self-service like battery replacement is now beyond all but the most determined enthusiasm.

It's probably fair to say I'm a bit hesitant because knowing I can do something as simple as replace the paste a couple of years down the line without messing up too badly is a source of comfort for me personally.

I'll grant you it's not going to figure prominently in most people's purchase decisions but if I were personally putting down $350 for a new GPU I'd probably shop around for one easier to service, seems to be no shortage of alternatives so far at least!

BlackZero likes this.
  13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I have seen his video. Impressive number of screws...
    Glue, yeah a bit. But I think it would not be problem. Because card has to be assembled somehow easily. And therefore same should apply to disassembly in reverse.

Unless they used special low profile screwing tools. Then card would be impossible to disassemble for regular guy.

Loophole35 likes this.
  14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Watching his teardown again.... Holy $hit he looks like a monkey fornicating a coconut. Had he just removed the 4 heat spreader screws first and separated the heatsink and fan assembly from the PCB and base-plate assembly first it would have been much easier to work with. It really looks more and more like he is trying to make it look harder than it is.

I generally like his content but this really seems like he was looking for something. Which is funny because he could have gone after the prices of these cards to be honest. I mean they are a bit on the high side.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Fox2232 likes this.
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    In a way, yes. He gives such impression :D
    Here I wonder about that glued Ribbon Cable. If it has plug for fans, then you are absolutely right and it should have been easy. But if that cable is inseparable from "fan assembly"...

Loophole35 likes this.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    There should have been enough slack in that cable to not have to use that ratcheting right angle screw driver. I totally think he was drumming up dramatic flare with that.

Then the "glue" looked like it was pealing off fairly easy so he stopped as to not ruin his point he was trying to make.

Gotta get that video to 15 minuets to maximize add revenue.

Fox2232 likes this.