Review: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Super Jetstream

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We also review the new Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Super Jetstream edition. n this review, we test the card from Palit which comes custom cooled and has a custom PCB design with dual-BIOS and a few hi...

Review: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Super Jetstream

2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well there's certainly not much of performance difference between GTX 1070ti and GTX 1080. I looked at the overclocked Timespy Graphics Score for both this Palit 1070ti vs the MSI 1080 Gaming X Plus overclocked score - the overclocked GTX 1080 was only 8% faster. 8336/7725*100 = 7.9% faster. Here's the link to the GTX 1080 result: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1080_gaming_x_plus_8g_review,34.html

So, buyers just need to weigh up whether 8% performance difference is worth it for coughing up for a GTX 1080 over the GTX 1070ti. I think they quoted a $50 price difference between the two cards, buyers can make their minds up.

3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Really nice card from Palit.

I remember the times some 10 years ago when Palit was nothing more than low to mid range AIB manufacturer on pair with PowerColor, Sparkle... Few times I was short on money backthen and didn't have enough cash to buy something better from Asus, GigaByte... and it was like: "...nevermind, gonna buy some cheap Palit card and hope it's gonna work, at least as long as warranty period lasts..."... and they worked, not best looking, not the fastest, not great in OC but they worked without a problem years after warranty period has ended.

Some 10 years later and its great to see Palit among leading AIB's offering great looking cards with cooling solutions on pair or even better than other leading AIB's and it's been that way at least past 2 or 3 years iirc.

Great review HH, thank you!

4. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    wow... this card has very nice cooling performance, even outperforming the twin frozr, esp in the vrm's cooling. Nice job Palit.

5. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I wish AMD cards would have this massive Palit cooler or anything similiar. MSI makes AMD cards, but Palit ones would presumably be cheaper.

6. TonyS017

TonyS017 Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX960 4GB
    I was wondering if getting a GTX1070Ti right now is worth it considering there would be a new release sometime 2Q18. I'm coming from a GTX960 and would want to game at 1080p/1440p on high settings. Got a deal ~$485 for the GTX1070Ti, any thoughts?

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    NVidia 2000 series probably coming out in the Summer, and if prices are not gouged by miners then it might be best to get one of those instead.