Review: MSI Z270 GAMING M7

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review our third Z270 motherboard from MSI, it might even be one of the best as it has been loaded with features and offers downright terrific looks. Read the review right here.Â*Â* ...

Review: MSI Z270 GAMING M7

2. Unilythe

Unilythe Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    My only gripe with this one is the numbered lit up PCIe slot indicators.
    It's a weird criticism to have and I realize that, but for me it just brings attention to all the PCIe slots I'm not using. I do like LEDs in my system for the aesthetics, but this just feels so arbritrary. I don't know, I just don't really like it.

Other than that though, this was my second choice. I went for the Asus Maximus IX Formula in the end, but it was a close call.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  3. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Could we please get some proper reviews and just copy paste's? The entire overclocking section is the same of every single Z270 review. Not all motherboards overclock the same, even if using the same cpu, and they definitely dont score the exact same amount every time.

4. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    I have this board, and I am amazed. It is a great motherboard. Extremely well built and laid out, solid construction, so many connection options it's ridiculous, and that gun metal/black look simply rocks.

I have hit 5GHz with my i7 7700k (which is pretty normal for this proc it seems), and I'm sure this is not the ceiling. The numbered PCI slots is personal preference, because I love them!

This is a 5 star board folks. Really excellent work MSI!

[​IMG]