Review: MSI MAG B650M Mortar WIFI (AMD)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Meet the MSI B650M Mortar WIFI motherboard. It’s a mid-tier product (from a series we had a chance to check, for example, with Intel’s B660 chipset) with a mid-tier AM5 chipset. It’s a very simi...

Review: MSI MAG B650M Mortar WIFI (AMD)

tunejunky and rl66 like this.
  2. twobombs

twobombs Guest

GPU:
    GT260c216, GF7600GS&AGEIA
    Hi Hilbert. Long time lurker here. When I see the next gen board layout I miss a whole bunch of PCIe slots.
    Would be great if a manufacturer would multiplex those 5x signals to 4x and deliver a full higher end desktop experience with a highend CPU and double the PCIe lanes.

3. jose2016

jose2016 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX 580 8gb
    Hi.
    In games it loses a lot compared to the previous generation B550 and the high-end AM5. That's not a good thing.

4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I see MSI mortar is yet again a very solid mb but darn it picked up + 100 USD on the price since the previews gen :/

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    A bit disapointed by MSI with this one, other brand have a bit more for less money...
    The good point is that the quality of the build is there... but is that worth the price looking at the spec?
    I agree with the "approved" tag of this board.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

at the (reasonable) price point for B 650's there are trade-offs between brands. Asus has worse codecs, Asrock doesn't have a clear cmos, Gigabyte has thinner boards

if the MSI ITX comes out before christmas it's going to be that or the Gig for me. Asus has done itself zero favors this gen. i was thinking of ROG or TUF but both are overpriced (by over 15%)