Review: MSI custom SLI Bridge

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We'll quickly walk you through the new MSI SLI bridges. It's a quicky article, a simple read for those interested. MSI recently updated the SKUs with a new 3 and 4-way SLI Bridge kit that comes wit...

Review: MSI custom SLI Bridge

2. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 HC
    I find this setup pretty funny..... I clearly remember getting four MSI Lightning edition GTX 680's (4gb) and "attempting" an SLI configuration on my Asus RIVE. Given that all of the SLI bridges provided with the motherboard were PCB based except for the dual flexible bridge I was unable to use the standard connectors as the GFX cards had a non standard cooler. They prohibited the use of standard bridges. I had to figure out what SLI "port" goes from where to where and ended up using all flexible SLI bridges in order to make it happen.

Interesting to see the "colors" on your screen as you have the wrong setup regarding the SLI connections. Just seemed like it was a joke all along as I never knew/heard of this issue as I would have never made the purchase to begin with. I get that aftermarket coolers/venders are going to have some proprietary shtuff going on, but that was a heart ache of an experience that is for sure.

3. uraeus1618

uraeus1618 New Member

GPU:
    4xMSI 980 Ti 6GB
    Had to mount 2x3000 rpm noctura nf12 fans over 4 x 980 ti cards to bring the temperatures down to reasonable. There are another pair of same fans pulling in and out. Fortunately ear plugs came with the fan purchase.

The MSI fan will do very little. But 4 way bridge will look pretty.

First post so "hi there!"

4. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Usually I put high performance 120mm fan like this one.
    Thats usually help decrease temp 2-3*C in 2-way SLI setups.
    @uraeus1618 - interesting setup :p