Review: Mafia III - VGA PC graphics performance benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 9, 2016.

1. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I think it's a difference of how you view the world you can split it in 2 types

1st type you enter a graphics heavy place in the game and your fps drops down to 30 and it's fps is going up and down (really down) then this game's fps is 30 not 60
    If you're of the second type you're going to say "oh but no I've got 60-70fps in
    "some" places so for you it's 60fps.

It's a state of mind that is hard to change and you shouldn't try to change as you can't go back from the upside down :nerd:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. Ridiric

Ridiric Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    I also think its a bit of a case of people forgetting Hilbert is using STOCK graphics card clocks and not overclocked, some of the people saying how they are getting higher (in some cases much higher) FPS are probably running maximum overclocked cards and also are unconsciously picking the BEST fps they get not the average.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Dsog actually recommended avoiding the game if you have GPUs equivalent to a GTX680 or slower.

That is just beyond **** up.

4. Suvadeep

Suvadeep Member

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD RX460 2 GB
    Why Rx460 isn't in that list?

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Would I exaggerate to say that this would probably benefit a lot from a DX12 renderer? Also RadeonPro works with it. I have disabled Vsync and the frame limiter in the game, and I have it with double vsync and a framelock to 30fps from RadeonPro. There is far less judder that way (even zero, actually).

The game's asset streaming engine was obviously made for 30fps.

6. kinggavin

kinggavin Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    its not hate its facts hanger 13 done a bad job here ,if u need a titan x £1000 video card to max a game out at 60 fps thats fine if the game looks amazing and runs amazing , mafia 3 only has high settings theres no ultra and with this game on the max settings which is high the graphics are bad the cpu usage is very excessive theres no msaa setting for example , the graphics are nowhere near gta 5 for example , itsa bad pc port for graphics quality of this game 1080p max should be a gtx 970, however the game itself the story the gameplay the enviroment is good its just messed up with the performance and graphics i have not refund my copy because i like the actual game i just hope they patch the performance i can live with the graphics i just want fluid gameplay a smooth 60 fps

7. kinggavin

kinggavin Master Guru

GPU:
    no last thing it needs is dx12 to make it even worse ,the best way to fix it is put in some proper pc settings ,like gta 5 has and some advanced settings where you can turn stuff off to suit ur system

8. kinggavin

kinggavin Master Guru

GPU:
    Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 4 Pro console. Hangar 13’s Studio Head and Creative Director Haden Blackman confirmed as much in an interview with Gadgets 360.

I’m always excited about new technology because it means we can push our art even further. For the PS Pro specifically, we’ll add some graphics upgrades.

read this today ps4 pro getting graphic uprades

9. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    So basically not even a GTX 1080 can do 60FPS @ 1080P? This is one pooooorly optimized game. I mean not even your best consumer GPU can run the game at 60FPS (Not talking Titans here or shal I call it Titan). This just shows you how bad Hangar 13 is at making games. No offence here to them, but they have a lot to learn. Maybe they should start with some indie classics or something.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    To add to the drama of this game, M3 has been removed from Geforce.com after appearing briefly for about 1 day. I believe it's no longer an Nvidia game.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^

Hah fail.