Review: Mafia III - VGA PC graphics performance benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 9, 2016.

1. kinggavin

kinggavin Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    i buy it after they unlocked its a very bad port its batman arkham knight all over again ive got a 980ti im playing on medium 1080p to get 60fps on high i cant keep 60 fps and the controls and menu system are pretty bad, the graphics are very console like u wouldnt think its a pc game and when the game looks this bad you think how is my 980ti struggle to run this game when the graphics are so bad , the game itself is fun to play and the story is good but its just such a crappy port

2. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    thx for the benchmarks proving once again that NO a 1080GTX is not "hitting the limitations of full HD resolution and you need to buy a 1440 or 4k monitor" like so many morons amateurs or professionnals claim

the titanX once again proves that yes there's still something to be gained in 1080p 37.5% more fps to be precise

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I wouldn't know what to look for but in a french live stream they talked about the history of the 2K branch that started the mafia games then were asked to "help" another entity hangar 13 which I think is the one who ended the development.
    I don't feel bad for hangar 13 pretty sure they're the problem, them or the big wigs that decided to transfer the mafia games to that new entity.

4. kinggavin

kinggavin Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream

to be honest mafia 2 looks better than mafia 3 and was a better game all round, the only thing they have improved on is the hand to hand combat

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  6. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1400 MHz
    Makes me wonder what Fallout 4 fps do when compairing dual channel vs quad channel DDR4 setups.

7. Bigbeard1986

Bigbeard1986 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    I pirated the game to test it out.

I am getting 60-70 fps (outdoors) on all high at 1440p, so I am not sure how some are getting such low numbers (I am using 4700k@ 4.4ghz, my system ram runs at 1866mhz, and the 1080 at 2139mhz).

I agree, the game does need work, and should not have been sold in this state, simply due to glitches, bugs, and the feeling that the game cut and paste from console to pc.
    Yes, the performance could be better, especially when u see things like human figure popping in at such short distances, but it is not as bad as people make it seem to be.

no one should buy the game as it is. if it was done properly, it would have a lot of potential.

just a thought...am I seeing higher performance due to it being a pirated version? the game uses a lot of cpu...maybe its anti-piracy eats up what should be used for the game

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/ MAC M1
    mmmm i smell and AMD fanboy. :eyes:

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    How about you startup the game and wait for the big NVIDIA logo to flash in front of your eyes ?

[​IMG]

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    2400 MHz, quad-channel.

11. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    why cant steam and/or microsoft jus ban games like this from their stores?

12. Deragot

Deragot Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    I think this is where we are headed at some point if this sh*tshow continues. Microsoft will probably be way too greedy to do such thing, but I can see Steam policing the games they sell, since every mass refund hurts them too.
    Then again, I might just be too optimistic.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    MS banning $hit games on his own Windows Store?

They can start with their own QB...LOL

14. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    It doesn't hurt Steam at all. The cut they take from each sale they keep even after someone refunds the game.

15. Deragot

Deragot Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    Really??? How the hell did they pull this one off? Who pays their cut if the sale is refunded? If it is the publisher then the refunds are even more of a punishment than I thought.

16. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega64
    I'm having a bit of a Crysis :D

Next running joke of the decade: "Yes yes, but can it run Mafia III ??"

LOOL

17. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Crysis was graphically impressive for it's time, is this true for Mafia III as well?

18. CrisanT

CrisanT Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB
    So, basically your graphs show the minimum FPS

"So overall your FPS will likely be a nice notch higher, but you will run into situations where the FPS is as low as we have shown in this article, that is a guarantee"

So basically, your graphs are showing the Minimum FPS and not the Average. This clarifies some things to me. Or i am wrong? Can you please clarify this for me Hilbert? Because if this is the case, then the hate in the comments is not justified, because not many titles run on ultra with a minimum of 60 FPS, not even on the new Titan.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No they are not. I already explained perfectly in the article. We test at the intro scene, it is night time, more vegetation and dense scenery close to water. That is the more difficult environment to render. If at daytime you ride in the city with lower buildings then yes, your FPS will be higher. So depending in location and stuff like weather conditions + day/night time your FPS will be higher or lower overall.

In the end on many if not most locations your FPS will level to what I am showing, which is an average, not a minimum FPS. But location location location ...

Ask anyone who has the game and has been monitoring FPS, it'll fluctuate all over the place.

20. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti