Review: Linksys WRT1900AC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For todays review we look at the Linksys WRT1900AC Dual Band Wi-Fi Router from Belkin, this nostalgic dual-core processor monster of a router recently was introduced. This product surely brings the no...

Review: Linksys WRT1900AC

2. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I just ordered one of these last night, should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out. Will post my thoughts once I've spent a few days with it. One thing I've noticed while reading up on this router for the past few weeks is that Linksys seems to be releasing new/updated firmware on a frequent basis so I take that as a good thing.

3. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2070 Mini OC
    Erm..

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Belkin owns Linksys.

6. clexzor

clexzor Member

GPU:
    Got mine about a week ago and its been running awesome! They already have new firmware out for it. The build is very solid compared to other routers even though ur not tossing it around lol...it has better venting as well as a nice internal fan. Its been running 100% stable for almost a week straight running my server and teamspeak 3 server up to 100 users without a hiccup 60-12 connection.

The interface is actually very nice and professional looking. The interface loads settings very fast.

Having used some of the top routers int he last several years I give this one the #1 spot hands down.

7. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    Looks like the ole antenna are back in style :mhp:

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Does it have cloud firmware like cisco was forcing on users a few years ago?

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Describe the functionality you mean with cloud firmware ? You can automatically have the firmware update yes, but just as easily you can flag that function off.

[​IMG]

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nice, But i sticking with my asus ac66u with merlin fw, its still the best router i owned.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Same here. Thinking of flashing DD-WRT on it though. Mainly interested in a bit more QoS related options. Need to limit other members in the house their bandwidth more when I'm online :nerd:

12. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Have one of these with Tomato flashed onto it. I have no real reason for having it other than being a networking nerd - but it is fantastic.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I meant being required to login with a Cisco id and not being able to config the router without an internet connection except the most basic functions. This was a problem with their EA series back in 2011.

14. leefuji

leefuji Member

GPU:
    GTS 450
    Have you tried anything else on the Ac66u besides the powerful wizard Merlin? Mine is still stock so I'm just curious.