Review: Lexar NM600 NVMe M.2. SSD (480GB)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This review covers the new Lexar NM600 series, this more affordable series 480GB model is plenty fast with a rated sequential read speed up to 2100 MB/s and sequential write speed up to 1600MB/s. R...

Lexar NM600 NVMe M.2. SSD (480GB) review

2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This Lexar NM600 drive is not very cheap here in the UK, on amazon it's £68 for the 480GB version (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-NM600-Solid-State-Drive-480GB/dp/B07NDJNR19).

In my opinion the Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe drive is the best value here, where I bought one for just £106 (12% off coupon) for a 1TB version (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-Ro...Rocket+NVme&qid=1560402524&s=computers&sr=1-2), it's also a hell of a lot faster and is essentially Samsung 970 Evo Plus speeds. Here are my speed test results from my Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe drive, that's actually a higher AS SSD benchmark score than any NVMe drive tested at Guru3d, by over 1000 points:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cost per GB is less than the Lexar NM600 too, whilst also being a lot faster.

@Hilbert Hagedoorn , are you gonna review this NVMe drive anytime (Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe), it seems like astounding value over here in the UK, I think more people should know how good it is? It's one thing for me to show a few AS SSD and Crystal Disk Mark benchmarks, but I'd be curious to see how it stands up to your more rigorous & real world testing!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Myeah, many things in the UK will not be cheap anymore. I've never heard of Sabrent Rocket NVMe drives, so not very likely.

4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Brexit aside, Sabrent Rocket is better value per GB than this Lexar reviewed in the USA for instance too. I thought it's a good candidate for review (many positive reviews on USA Amazon website for instance), but if you don't think so then that's absolutely your prerogative - I do appreciate having had a reply from you.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I did not say that, but if they want a unit tested and read this thread, they can always apply for a review.

Robbo9999 and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I think it's not so much that @Hilbert Hagedoorn wouldn't review it, it's more like he doesn't get a review sample as easily. But that's just my guess.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well I hope they read this thread and send you a review sample, because from what I've experienced it's a pretty fantastic drive for the money, and I think more people should know about it, I don't work for them, but maybe they should send me some marketing payment with the way I'm going on, ha! On a google search, there are plenty of people talking about the drive on reddit and elsewhere, but really only one written review on it (https://nerdtechy.com/sabrent-rocket-nvme-pcie-internal-ssd-review), and even that is not really a review, certainly not a proper one...I'm surprised there's no major websites that have reviewed it. It's a Phison e12 controller + Toshiba's BiCS 3D TLC NAND, so there are other drives based on this configuration, like the Corsair MP510 that you reviewed, but based on my testing this particular implementation in the Sabrent Rocket seems even better performing than the Corsair MP510.

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @Robbo9999 checked on the Greek market there is nothing named Sabrent at all ! They either do not have presence everywhere or they do not care for such a small market or both i guess! Darn it!

9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I suppose you could get it imported through Amazon, but don't know how much that would cost, but at least it's a small parcel so not expensive from that point of view alone. For example, a number of years ago I bought German speaking novels on the Amazon.de website even though I live in the UK, because the English amazon.co.uk didn't stock German novels at that time.

Venix likes this.
  10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Well if it is from another eu country is fine no customs charges.... Outside of the eu....well with the customs charges might be cheaper to buy an optane drive !

11. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Sounds like you'll be alright then importing it using Amazon from an EU country. They'll show you the delivery charge on checkout.

Venix likes this.
  12. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080