Review: Intel ARC A750 8GB graphics card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel submitted their ARC A750 for review. The new graphics card from intel positions itself in a mainstream segment slightly in the vicinity of the Radeon RX 6600 and GeForce RTX 3060. Read the rev...

Review: Intel ARC A750 8GB graphics card

386SX, zingzs, rl66 and 3 others like this.
  2. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    it's a valiant effort to try to break into the budget scene but it needs to be $50 cheaper IMO

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    To my amazement, ASRock A750s are for sale and available here (they even come with a COD MWII key)... however the price is just short of 400 euros. :oops:

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Sadly it needs to be 100Eur cheaper in EU to make sense.

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    It must be cheaper than competition .... and its NOT . You can get RTX3060 12gb at the same price. No one will consider this.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    6600xt is 100Eur cheaper and faster, no brainer.

AlmondMan likes this.
  7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    At least you can buy one in Poland , if you are intel fanatic that is.

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The real issue is will Intel provide at least 3 generations of driver support like Nvidia and AMD currently do? They often drop support for their products very quickly. However, with GPUs it's a longer-term investment and needs constant investment to make better/compatible drivers.

waltc3 and FatBoyNL like this.
  9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    If you run benchmarks all day long, this could be a better buy than 6600 XT, but if you actually play games, this is a worse choice, especially since it's more expensive.

10. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    It's only faster at high FPS, when it FPS becomes irrelevant. But when you hit heavy bound game, especially with ray tracing, things changes dramatically and Arc can explore all its potentiality with performance between 6650 XT and 6700 XT. Sometimes closer to second.

Undying likes this.

11. JoeyR

JoeyR Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 980Ti's
    Really sleek, awesome looking card! But for what you're getting, $350 seems a little high, $250-$300 seems far more ideal being as this card nets you nearly identical performance as the RX 6600 which can currently be had for $200. To the naked eye, one would be hard pressed to visually tell the difference between the two's performance. If sub 60 FPS gaming at 1080P with RayTracing enabled is your thing for $350, then I guess so bit it.

Decided to look prices up on Newegg prior to posting this. Newegg currently has for $289.99 USD. Even given the current bugs, which I am sure will be iron out as drivers mature, at this price point, would be worth considering. Though for the smart buyer, a Radeon 6650 XT is a smarter choice. Nvidia and AMD better look out however! I really think Intel will end up being real contender in the coming years, and being as they have been developing drivers for many different types of hardware for a long time, I expect better long term driver support than Nvidia or AMD. One can hope.

12. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    When I consider all the options available to me the idea of parting with my money for one of these cards makes me feel sick.

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Nice review, and the card isn't so bad on price if you take Intel version, it's on pair with RX 6600 (not XT)...
    It's nice to have a 3rd GPU maker, and Intel shouln't be ashamed about their GPU, let see what happen in future. :)

14. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Thanks for review!
    My GPUs are very much too old, so I can´t wait a long time anymore, already skipped ampere for good reasons. For my needs, temporarily, time could be bridged with an Intel GPU, only a used ampere at a reasonable price, could reverse my decision not to throw a cent of my money at Nvidia.
    For me, one of the main reasons for Intel is, because it´t just new. New chip, new AIB, new drivers, bios, etc.. So many new tweaks to figure, maybe with an evc or a soldering mod. Nvidia got so much too boring. The bad, once dismantled, you will never manage to recompose radiator again (accord. to GN).
    In EU I have seen a pre-order A770 for €420.-, at lowest. For a new A750 I would spend eventualy €350.- max.

Ed: nice, both, A770 + A750 11.5cm x 27cm are so small "mini cards"

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The cards are nice but a little too expensive for what they offer right now against Nvidia and AMD.

Also, don´t forget you need a modern platform with ReBar otherwise the performance is going to be very weak.

brogadget likes this.

16. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    "Snooze-fest" performance, therefore the only interesting thing is value for money:
    [​IMG]
    So get a 3060ti right!

brogadget likes this.
  17. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Tbh, regarding modern platform, I was a bit unsure as well, but sometimes I hang around in the rog forum and was very much surprised, because support of the x299 rampage line of HEDT boards is noteworthy still great, couldn´t believe it. Reguarly very frequently BIOS updates, with new microcode, rez. bar, etc.
    Additionaly, they (ASUS) tested all new PCIe4.0 ReBAR GPU cards on their x299 Rampage VI boards already and there was almost no performance issue only a minor impact on performance measured with a 4090 approx. 1-5 fps less.
    But thanks, it is very important to note, everyone should be aware and check his "old" motherboard before buying a new GPU, at least for a ReBAR bar BIOS update, it is a must have, that is very, very important.

Edit: and yes according to price, you are right, My basis was €420.- for A770 16GB. But a quick check in EU: A750 for 339.- IN STOCK which is still ~€50.- overpriced.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nobody knows how long these cards are going to be supported. This is a new venture for Intel and given how willing their current CEO is to sell off parts of the company, we don't even know for certain if the new graphics division will even be part of Intel in a year. We need a third vendor in the GPU space to hopefully bring pricing back to reality. If we dismiss these cards now because we don't know what's going to happen 3+ years from now, we'll be right back to 2 vendors and even higher prices.

For the AMD and NVidia fanboys..... Realize this... If Intel doesn't succeed, we're very likely to see graphics card pricing continue to increase and eventually become out of reach for most of us.

Airbud, brogadget and Solfaur like this.
  19. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    A750 still not available in my country, yet the A380 variant exist in either offline or online local store.

And the price for A380 here is $170

20. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    Beats my 3070 with +1 in 3D Mark DirectX Full Path Raytracing, that is awesome!