Review: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming OC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gigabyte is back in the house with their familiar Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming OC. A graphics card aimed at the WQHD (2560x1440) monitor range, armed with a triple fan-based WindForce cooler that remains ...

Review: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT Gaming OC

Noisiv, kanenas and Silva like this.
  2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Looks great, for something you can't buy. :rolleyes:

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Seen a couple 6700 XT's available at local retailers, but all with a price higher than an RTX 2080S before COVID....

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Cost about 1150euros here which is absurd tbh. Anyway nice looking card. Wish we can buy one for a normal price...one day.

jura11 and Silva like this.

5. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    I'm a fan of your work DON but something is wrong with the numbers when you use SAM, the most logical result I can compose in my mind is that the numbers with SAM open are from the reference 6700xt? Screenshot (99).png Screenshot (100).png Screenshot (101).png

6. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
  7. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    It would also be nice if you had the time to make a comparison of the 2 companies with SAM on and if it is possible in a larger range of games.

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No that is correct. We're not re-testing all SAM, RT and Compute results with each brand-specific card. These are based on the reference numbers. Such pages should reflect/mention that, but I'll re-check.

kanenas likes this.
  9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    One thing I've noticed is that AMD seems to be calling its compute cores "RT cores", for RX6k, and it seems kind of strange to just forget about compute cores--as they are still there. This was basically done as a nomenclature change to match nVidia's "tensor core" marketing. Tensor Cores are simply an arbitrary stage in the nVidia GPU processing pipelines capable of doing limited mathematical instruction, that nVidia markets as "tensor cores"--tensor cores do not exist in nature, and any number of devices/chips can and do have their own custom "tensor cores" that bear no resemblance to what nVidia is marketing, just as AMD's "RT cores" will not be found anywhere apart from RX-6k. But it's all just good ol' marketing BS in terms of GPUs. Kind of like the "machine learning" buzzword. Like all buzzwords, it's meant to impress the people who don't understand that a buzzword rarely describes any real technology--it's marketing, again. Like "nanotech", and so on.

My 5700XT has 40 CUs, but HH's chart doesn't even mention CU's. Very interesting. So if HH was to follow the marketing to its logical conclusion then that would mean his chart would have to show zero (0) "Ray Tracing Cores" for RTX-2k/3k..;) This is where marketing takes us.

More and more I'm looking at both nVidia and AMD as a battle between vaporware marketing kings...as disgusting as that is, atm. If only they could ship the products to match the hyperbole, we'd be in high cotton.

https://www.techspot.com/article/2049-what-are-tensor-cores/

10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I checked one of my usual stores, and this exact card is in stock, but the price is ludicrous 929 euros. How much was this card supposed to cost, VAT included? 550 euros?

Thanks a bunch, miners.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just wait until RAM and SSD's start to rise in price.... bet most of our local retailers will put a hefty sum on top, if at least the labor for people working on the floor in them factories would go up instead of the same greedy fuckers taking it all.

Venix and Kaarme like this.
  12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Tom Clancy at 4k :
    Sometimes that 12gb vram might help
    upload_2021-4-11_13-48-4.png

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If Hilbert would include Doom Eternal in his testing it would have similar results.

14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I really think it should be considered . Very well optimized game , and runs almost equal on both platforms.

8gb vram on 3070 was single thing that swayed me in to RX6800. Im on 1440p so maybe i was wrong but we will see in 2 years.

15. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Get yours today for a low price of 1250€.

Silva likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Considering we wont be able to buy either one for a long time 6800 was a good choice i think. Game developers dont care if you cant buy a graphics card system req. are going up.

17. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I do not think that's true . I mean nobody is making games that what the majority of cards that people have do not own, you might have to run medium or low settings but you can, only crytek did it with crysis 1 and the rest where good lookers but they did not go nuts .hell most games can play in a 1050ti 1080p on low ... Decently !

Bottom line is that the developers want to make more money ! So logic says they they will take into serious consideration what kind of power lays on the majority of pc gamers.

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Really wish I could get one of these without paying $1000 for one.
    Figure a 6700xt would be a better upgrade then upgrading my 2700x.

19. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Your system is amazing and I don't see a reason to upgrade, specially with the scarcity of parts.
    You could upgrade to 3700X and gain some FPS, you could easily sell the 2700X and get some money back.
    But don't you dare mess with the GPU unless you're that desperate to pay double or more...

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    3700X is not an upgrade over 2700X. He should be atleast aiming for 5800X if he wants to upgrade the gpu later on (when we finally be able to)