1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review: GeForce GTX Titan X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 17, 2015.

1. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  2. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
  3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^^I best not link the Voodoo 27 prototype that can be sli`d with any Matrox vga then.

4. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Except the new Titan was available @ Newegg yesterday and is now out of stock till the 24th. Last I checked, that's not a paper launch.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...129&cm_re=nvidia_titan-_-14-487-129-_-Product

Based on AMD's track record, they'll paper launch their new card and it wont hit store shelves for at least a month.

5. trajan2448

trajan2448 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850
    awesome

This is like the formula one race car. The street model 980 ti should be excellent with a custom cooler.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  6. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Classified
    Would've been nice if the review mentioned that the upcoming Afterburner 4.1.1 was the only way to be able to adjust the voltage.
    I installed ASUS GPU Tweak to adjust the voltage and ran it almost 2 minutes before I shut it down and uninstalled that buggy piece of crap.
    Back to AB 4.1. I should've known better.

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    In some games its just cache allocation, but not all games.

Unity pretty much uses what it need to, as in if you try to run it at max settings on a 3gb gpu, it will show severe vram stuttering, where it will be fine on a 4gb gpu.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    are those the same values msi afterburner shows on my screen ? i ask because i get much higher usage. would love to have 1gb of usage at 4k res.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I played all those memory hungry games @ 1080p with 3gb vram and no stutter issue because of 3gb vram limit, by some I had extra msaa.

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Im talking about Unity specifically here - did you run that game at max settings without ANY stuttering? If so, id like to see some video or graph proof of that (graph being of frametimes while playing it).

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I play it with FXAA, rest ultra, shadows high. And it ran smooth while I was in chase mode or during cut scenes, ok cut scenes had fps drops but that's because of uber DOF..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And in record there are some minor fps hickups, not happening while Im playing normally.. Just saying.

Now if you go troll but its not MSAA, well no single gpu can really play it fine with MSAA, its to demanding. :p
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan_X/9.html

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Is using high shadows and fxaa using maxed out settings? No.

Msaa will increase the vram consumption by quite alot, and make you stutter like a beaten dog, due to the 3gb framebuffer - fps here is irrelevant, but frametime spikes Arent. Your fps might hit 30 with 4 msaa (which would be fine for the purpose of this test), but your frametimes would with 100% certainty spike over 100 ms.

And i specifically asked you to monitor frametimes graphs, but you have that disabled in the AB overlay -_-

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I aim for 60fps, dunno about you, and Ultra textures/detail can fit in 3gb vram just fine.. I didnt select soft shadows because no real difference and I really doubt that will cause any stutters..

And like I said go check that benchmark I posted, even TitanX can't play it 60fps with 4xmsaa @ 1080p.
    So why would I run @ 4xmsaa, gpu is too weak and it won't tell anything, same story with 2x 980gtx anything higher then 1080p ;)

btw are you blind? Its right on top of video - 1st row (fps and then ms times, it sits at ~16.6 - 17ms all the time)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  14. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I dont care what you aim for - we are talking about maxed out settings, which you Arent using.

And despite not having 60 fps, frametimes will still tell EVERYTHING. At 30 fps, your frametimes should be 33 MS - if they spike higher, then you have stuttering... pretty simple.

I didnt see the frametime in the vid, cause you have everything switched around from the screenshots.

And another thing... youre conveniently not in paris, but in versilles, which doesnt load nearly as many textures, aka much less stuttering on gpu's with limited frame buffers.

Go to paris, use max settings, and show us the result - your frametimes will not be consistent with your fps, which it should be, if you werent having stutter.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'd give up arguing with Dorlor.

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Seems pointless. Let staff deal with him.

17. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    whats he done to deserve that or even your comment?, it is simply nothing to do with you at all or even me but ganging up on him is unfair

he's passionate about games and hardware that's all, nobody seems to like his opinions for some reason but after all thats all they are opinions

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's his history. Read up on it.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    No, if we're being very specific, then maxing out MSAA is @ 8xMSAA..

btw I never check for frametimes, when I enabled them it auto put them on top in 1st row.. Was not on purpose :p

Run a physx game and you will know stutter, with sudden latency issues, 12-20ms while gpu usage stays kinda low.. Saw this now after I used frametime monitor (COD ghosts by physx stuff)

Also you don't seem to accept even a Titan with 6gb doesn't help since gpu is too slow, look at that benchmark again.. Titan with 6gb vram is slower then 780TI with 3gb vram both at 4xMSAA, even @ 2560x1440, there you have it ;)

But ok I will try again and make another video with 4xmsaa or maybe even 8xmsaa.

EDIT: only 8xmsaa makes that 100-120ms, but it didn't stutter only slowed down to 10fps , by ~ 5:40 in video..

yeah I know what you mean. Was my last reply.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015