Review: GeForce GTX Titan X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 17, 2015.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    hmm i wonder if u could slap a aftermarket cooler and oc the crap out of it, it would be faster than 295x2 and more impressive.

The card is fine, the price is not, but that the only Titan that does not have DP, so y 1000$? 12gb ram?

2. koliko

koliko Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780ti
    Ha, ha nice review Hilbert, best as always.

Do you plan any TitanX & multimonitors (3x 2560x1440) review soon? This beast might be perfect for those crazy 11mil pixels.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    980ti was owned by 390X in first leaked benchmarks. There was like 17fps difference. I would not say 700$ is fine becouse we are expecting the same price.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    yeah DP will come handy for matrix solving, nonlinear models, recursive algorithms or for debugging
    basically if one day you decide to be a scientist

other than that :thumbdown:

5. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    980ti won't be far behind im guessing and a tad slower. Now we wait for AMD to show their hand to compare......then wait a year and do it all again..

6. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX OC
    The performance is great - it seems to be the first card to be capable of running UHD (with G-Sync only) on its own.
    Nonetheless, the price is insane and I can find it justified only for pro apps like engineering visualization, rendering, and HPC. With that amount of RAM it should run fine.

7. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Many leaks just prof to be fakes so I would not trust them,better to wait and see what will happen,but we need AMD to release the card like really soon.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Pretty good card. Price is silly and not the best cooler but better then amd has been providing!

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    You'd have thought a better cooler considering the price! I guess though there will be the msi gamings etc etc...

So beats my 970 by a good 30fps or so but costs perhaps x3 or so...

Something dont quite add up. I could add a second 970 and still have money left over.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    601mm2 :eek:

[​IMG]

11. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    As always, great and very informative review. I kind of expected more, but still not bad! Though, it will run out of juice in 4k for the future titles because the graphics are constantly evolving and becoming more and more demanding due to higher details etc.

12. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Beasty GPU, gives the 295x2 a good run in performance and can overclock like crazy. Performance per watt is pretty impressive.
    Shame the price couldn't be better ;)
    Thanks for the review Hilbert! :banana:

13. tpeter

tpeter Member

GPU:
    GTX980
    Well i just received my second GTX 980 in the mail today from Newegg to add to my current for SLI.. Looks like this will still be stronger than a single Titan.... Was scared to look at the benches thought i was going to have to return this card and get the Titan!!

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No double precision? Well, Nvidia just lost $2k from me. The performance increase over the first gen titan is pretty damn good though.

15. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    Great review as always,except for one MAJOR flaw, test bed was too dusty.

16. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI SLI
  17. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Can't deny that its fast, even at its high price point. Looking at the way GPU's are coming along, my measly 1080p may not be worthy enough for these future powerhouses!

18. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    No there won't be any MSI gamings etc etc. nVidia only card.

19. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Nope there's only going to be the reference cooler.

Edit: Beaten to it.:nerd:

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    As expected, the price-performance ratio is atrocious. Also 12GB vram IS overkill for a card like this and not future proof at all unless you go 2 or even 3 way SLI (to have the adequate gpu horsepower to go with that memory size)... but that means $1k x2, 3.

Here it will cost something like 1100-1200 euros, with that amount of money I can buy a whole list of better performance GPU combos.

I'll hold on to my 3.5GB 970s, which together cost a bit over half of ONE Titan X, unless I run into some major issues in the upcoming games...I doubt it though.

I won't hold my breath for a 390X or a "980Ti" either, because I simply think these will be overpriced as well (especially the aftermarket AIB models), but it will be somewhat more bearable...:bang: