Review: Enermax Liqtech 120X and 240 CPU coolers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this review we take the all new Enermax Liqtech 120X and 240 Liquid coolers for a test drive. These liquid cooling kits are pre-fitted and ready to install straight out of the box. Armed with great...

Review: Enermax Liqtech 120X and 240 CPU coolers

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for the review, Hilbert.

It's just sad to see liquid cooling kit blown away by a "standard air cooler". I know it's not exactly fair to compare Noctua NH-D14/15 with this, especially as in-case tests will favor solutions with heatsinks mounted to the case, minimizing air reuse, but well... Noctua DH14 costs more or less the same and offers way better temperatures at lower noise.

I think that you can go with budget cooler, or something high-end as Noctua, and if that's not enough, then to look for AiO liquid, but something reasonable like the linked CM Nepton 280L, or go with expensive custom setup.

Unfortunately, I can hardly find a reason to buy any of these Enermax kits.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  3. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Were the fans on the 240 actually mounted in a pull configuration?

I take ti the instructions say to pull cool air in from the outside of the case.

This is absolutely the dumbest thing to do as all it does is heat soak everything else inside the case.. and pretty much all AIO water cooler instructions say to do this.

It is much more effective to have good enough airflow through the case so that you can have the fans exhausting air.

Another thing is that from what I have seen, the blades on pretty much all fans are designed more to push more than to pull. That right there should drop a couple degrees.

I was actually kind of surprised to see that cooler get stomped by air coolers.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    A lot of these AiO's confuse me. Honestly, at more than $50USD, I couldn't justify buying either of these. I consider 80C to be unacceptable for a "watercooling solution".....especially when the same results can be achieved using cheaper (and quieter) forced air cooler....

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    While these liquid cooling solutions don't interest me. I am aiming for an h110 due to the fact that I want a non intrusive cooler that does not cover any DIMM or RAM slots.

@cyclone3d

I was looking through the users guide for the h110 and Corsair says to have the fans set to intake or pull rather than push or exhaust mode for best performance. I agree with you heat rises so it makes sense for to exhaust it out.