Review: Endorfy Arx 700 Air PC case

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We’re checking out the Endorfy ARX 700 AIR, a mainly airflow-oriented mid-sized ATX tower PC chassis. It’s not the first product we’re checking from this Polish company (founded in 2007 in Warsa...

Review: Endorfy Arx 700 Air PC case

Aniboom, tunejunky and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    'The looks are rather mediocre, don't stand out in the market', three gaming computers ago I had a very dull looking (but effective) Corsair 450D (I think that was its model name) with a plastic 3/4 side panel. And are either the Corsair 4000D or 5000D blessed with anything other than 'mediocre' looks (both are effective air-cooling cases however)?
    I paid much more for a Corsair 5000T to gain better than 'mediocre' looks imho with a more designer front & stand (providing you also like RGB central) so whilst we both agree that looks are subjective, I think the Endorfy 700 AIR offers much better value than its Corsair competition.
    If I wanted a value case of this size then I'd choose the Endorfy 700 and as your review states, the RGB version isn't much more.

tunejunky likes this.
  3. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    PS: I cannot work out how to update my profile to reflect the current specification of my gaming PC, can anyone tell me how to do this?

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Click on your forum name on the top right menu bar, then click "Personal Details" where you should be able to edit the respective fields.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    ChisChas and tunejunky like this.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    crap case, they cut corners on filters and build quality to cram 5 fans in there.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this is a "value" marketed case.

but since this used to be "Silentium" i get what you mean

ChisChas likes this.
  7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Its not cheap enough to be using weak materials and not include hdd cages or no filters.

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    a lot of new cases do not have hdd cages as the majority buy ssd/m.2
    you can spend 2x as much and not get a hdd cage, you have to look for (mostly older design) cases that have them.
    but it is a shocker at this price because budget builds are where hdd's live nowadays.
    i wouldn't buy this anyways as the DeepCool budget cases are both good looking and reasonably well made

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    still, no intake filter for an air case ? lol
    the case is reportedly flimsy too because of thin metal used.
    the side door should be on hinges, not too much to ask.

this is very mediocre. cheaper than most but not cheap, with too many corners cut.

10. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    when choosing cases with good ventillation, people often overlook the aspect of maintenance and just buy one with more fans.
    this will be hell for the owner, too much dust will get in and cleaning will be difficult too. phanteks nailed it with fabric mesh. I just rinse it under tap water and let it dry.

tunejunky likes this.

11. Aniboom

Aniboom Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6950 XT
    It does look okay-ish. I for one am on the lookout for a new case and I'm wondering if there's anything better than a LL Lancool 216 in this price segment.

tunejunky likes this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    get the LL.

Aniboom likes this.
  13. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    not a lot can compare, but the 216 is pricy for this segment. i adore the Darkflash DLC29 all mesh atx case, but it's w/o fans. i also really like the DeepCool CH370 matx case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aniboom likes this.
  14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    cases, drives and psu's are long term invvestments. better not cheap out.

Aniboom and tunejunky like this.
  15. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Thanks, done!

Cave Waverider likes this.

16. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    The review says 'three dust filters, front, top & bottom', have guru3d got this wrong?

17. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    You seem to have it in for Silentium? The guru3d review says this case has three dust filters. On Scan's website, the 5000D is on offer at £145 (normally £167) and the Endorfy 700 is virtually as large as the 5000D at £97 or £105 with RGB. The 5000D comes with 2 x 120mm fans and if you want RGB then I know only too well how Corsair ramp up their prices. The Corsair 5000X is £200.

Yes, I paid a lot for my 5000T at £366 today but not everyone has the extra cash or wants to spend it on a superior case?

18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not for the intake it does not, and that's where 3x140mm fans sit.

[​IMG]

try adding a hinge on the door, more sturdy frame or a filter vs adding a new fan. for a case you should look at build quality and what components it can house first, fans you can add for a couple of euros later on. there's almost no difference to cooling now that I have a 3x120+2x140 setup in mine vs original 3x140. Most of the time 3 fans is already a point where adding more is purely for the looks. Also, I bet those aren't good, heavy fans that come with corsair/fractal/phanteks/lianli cases but cheap, light ones that'll have awful vibrations, especially if the metal on the case is light and thin.
    it's a cheap case made like a cheap case, nothing surprising. it'll do but it's not the same build quality as corsair cases/fans.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  19. Raserian

Raserian Master Guru

GPU:
    Most of the time, these cases are sought after by retailers offering their own prebuilds. It's the ideal case for best buy computer. It's decently looking, has fans already preinstalled, no one is gonna care some kid will hear fan noise and will have to vacuum it from dust for hours in a few years. Most average users have stopped buying desktops so if there is a potential gamer, they cannot have some Dell-style OEM computer on offer. AiO, RGB is a must even when it does not change anything regarding actual performance.

tunejunky and cucaulay malkin like this.
  20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    true that - it'll sell well in gaming pre-builds.
    a diy pc owner would probably choose sth like lancool II, and have 3 high quality fans with filters instead of 5 chinese ones, a hdd cage, hinged doors and better overall build quality instead. this arx case is only 8.5kg for its size (with 5 fans). for comaprison, lancool II is 11.5kg and my p600s is 13.5, tells you a lot about the materials they used. put those chinese fans in a case this big and thin near 60-70% rpm and you'll get awful vibrations, not to mention the noise and dust buildup.