Review: Dying Light graphics performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 13, 2015.

1. cps1974

cps1974 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX770 4GB
    my GTX 770 4Gb system tends to achieve higher fps than most reviews I see that include 770 results @ 1920x1080 (the card has a nice factory OC and my i5-2500k runs at 4.8GHz) so I can post back some frame rates this weekend

I doubt it achieves better than what the 780 and titan can get but who knows.

I do know it cuts through the game like a hot knife through butter - hasn't missed a beat - all maxed settings incl HBAO+ if I remember correctly (I'm at work at moment), view distance 100% and vsync disabled

great game to!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    I have a horrid time with 780SLI in Dying light. It has put me off playing. So for now I am enjoying SoM as I still havent finished that. And from there I'll finish DA:I. I'm trying not to jump between them too much as I really do want a life outside in the real world instead of my desk :)

I will admit though, Dying light as damn good. Be the zombie? just pure genius.

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I'm getting pretty terrible performance regardless of graphical settings, only view distance affects fps that much.

Standing still its around 45-50fps but looking around it drops to around 20fps with cpu load going all over the place.

4. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    nothing to complain =)
    good review and nice to see that my 280x woud do well if i had alot better cpu =D

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Nice negative scaling on the 295 ( CFX ) ..... No profile is out yet.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Is there a profile for Dead Island? Uses an earlier version of the Chrome Engine, so that might work as a sub temporarily.

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I dont have the game yet..

8. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    i have found this a handy review, help keep me with in my expectations of my system build.

i have to admit its very easy to build what you may think will be an PC power house, Just to find out 2-4 months later some of your expectations maybe unrealistic.

:)

the best way to keep your PC power House feel, is to keep your in game settings, with in what you will class as playable for the game/s you like to play. some people like to play 30fps some like 60fps others will say bull **** 120 fps blah blah blah, it all depends on your expectations really.

try not to adopt the the thinking of "but my system runs loads of my others games at high settings"
    you just end up ruining any gaming pleasure that you could/may have.

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Great roundup.

10. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    WTH is R9 265 and how is it faster than R9 270/270X?! AFAIK, that card does not exist, what exists is R7 265 and there is no way that card can outperform 270/270x, it has lower clock speeds, less shaders blah blah.

Otherwise, good review, I just don't like 100% view distance, it's unrealistic but oh well. It should be noted that with 50% V. Distance game would perform at least 30% better.

PS. there is an R9 M265 but that is a mobile GPU found in laptops.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Good comparison with this review, however IMHO I would suggest to put screenshots with their "native" resolutions (I mean same 3 resolutions that were used for the review).
    Better than these small thumbnails that are published.

12. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Interesting bench.
    But as gx-x said: There is no way that R7 265 is better than R9 270X in 1440 bench.

And Gtx 750 TI is better or equal than R9 270/270X in 1440 bench? Its ridiculous.
    Even with nvidia new drivers there is no way with this gtx.

Amd old cards & drivers still perform well there.

13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Nice 30 video cards tested for one game.Lots of work goes into these reviews so thank you for the review.

What I do not understand are people who complain ,when this website goes the extra distance to cover the widest possible arrangement of graphics cards for a game for free.
    Reviews like this help people out on deciding on what graphics card fits their needs.
    3d Guru can not possibly provide testing for every CPU/Motherboard/Graphics card out there.

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    no one does anything for "free", don't delude yourself. People CAN complain, comment and discuss these things, it's called feedback. It's another thing that feedback can be unconstructive and useless at times, but it's internet so.... :)

It is way faster and easier to point out 2-3 bad things than to praise a hundred good things. This should be also viewed as "everything is good, except those 2-3 things", automatically praising everything else. That's how I see it at least.

15. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Looks as if the 4gb cards would get choked out with anything more than 1440p.....

If SLI is not broken still I might have to grab this up and tear up some zombies in 4k..!

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Look like a typo, I'll check it out and it is the R7. Then again, at that resolution with that these two cards a lot of strange things are happening. Two random stutters and a 10% deviation can easily inflict that difference.

17. tsk2k

tsk2k Guest

GPU:
    Adreno 330
    Rekt :whip:
    Wonderful review as always Hilbert.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  19. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    To people that are confused with some of the results. There is no actual benchmark, and it's almost impossible to create the same Scenario due to time of day, zombies on screen ect. Since the first patch performance has improved a lot, but if you are struggling for performance (as someone already said) turn down view distance to 0 as it makes hardly any differance, but also foliage quality. It really only affects grass density, and there aren't many areas with grass.

I have view distance set at 50% and foliage to medium at 2560x1440. I can have view distance set much higher but will drop under 60fps every now and then. Overclocking your CPU makes a huge difference in this game.

20. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Might need to update this review soon? xD

http://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight/comments/2vlfyd/news_beta_patch_rundownoverview/