Review: Deepcool AS500 air processor cooler

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today, we are reviewing an air cooler from Deepcool: the AS500. It’s not the first Deepcool product that we reviewed here on Guru3D. For example, over a year ago we had the opportunity to check out ...

Review: Deepcool AS500 air processor cooler

Thunk_It likes this.
  2. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Great review Hilbert! Thank you for posting it.

3. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Interesting results, deepcool is doing well on budget products with very good performance per dollar. Thanks for the review

4. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    There are coolers like mine, the "legendary" EVO 212 Plus ( PWN and silent, too ) which I got for 24€ and has been used at least on my last 3 M/Bs & CPUs and then the prices go excessively higher, like ~70-90€ for just ~4-5C lower... Don't you find it at least a bit strange? It's as if there's no middle ground. Well, of course there are few exceptions, but I'm making a point.

Edit: And currently with Chinese products being involved in our lives for good, I saw one exactly like mine for 19€. If something happen to my Cooler, I'll go for the 19€ one. Same number of heat-pipes and smooth at the contacting base. I'm talking about my 9700K non-overclocked and never felt I needed something better. The Chinese knockoffs are being improved substantially over time while the prices remain competitive.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020