Review: Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this article, we review the SCIMITAR RGB ELITE mouse that was announced yesterday by Corsair. It’s an optical MOBA/MMO gaming mouse that was launched in January, with a lot of buttons. Read the ...

Review: Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB gaming mouse

2. shaga

shaga Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3060 Ti
    Sadly it's not wireless, don't have extra main button like G600, no tilt wheel still(awesome for switching utility type of things for mouse3 to launch them.. or for example prev/next page/tab on a browser.. or just two extra binds. also awesome for video file rewinding) and no clue if the mouse3 will break as it was very common with previous Scimitars. My mouse3 on Scimitar Pro stopped working about a year ago.

3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The only Corsair mouse I ever had was an M45 or M65, can't remember which...but it wasn't a good experience - the sensitivity kept changing on it's own whilst playing a game, and I'm not talking it even switching profiles, instead it was just some kind of bug where it gained or lost a couple of hundred dpi even though the mouse was still saying it was at 1400dpi (noticeable change of sensitivity in game and also measured with cm/360deg test. So highly unpredictable and unreliable given that scenario, completely useless as a gaming mouse. So yeah I wouldn't buy Corsair again without some thorough scouring of reviews after long time usage. I've been Logitech G303/GPro, now Glorious Model O...and this latest one I like the best so far.

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'm not even sure i could use those side buttons successfully. My new mouse is the MX518 and my old mouse is the MX518 too. The new one is great but i don't know if it will last 7+ years the old one lasted, btw my old MX518 is still working fully but the new one came out so i grabbed it in a sale for 30 quid.

5. Satyr1972

Satyr1972 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce gtx 1080 sl
    It is very handy to read web pages, put home, end, pageup, pagedown etc. keys to side buttons.

6. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Corsair....then I stopped reading.
    I have never used, never will use, their stupid stuff.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Switches are the same omron as used in a lot of mice? The switches on the new scimitar seems to have longer durability.
    As for rubber and coating, kinda most mice, especially those aimed at gaming, got something on the cheap going on.
    Think the mouse with the best surface I had so far is a TT Level 10 M Advanced, only using a Claive atm. to have controll via one piece of software, but really tempted to go back to the TT.

8. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yes, longevity does affect many mouse companies, and it's possible they build a certain amount of planned obsolescence into their products (ie designed to fail within say 3-5yrs). My Logitech G303 had double click issues after about 1.5yrs, but Logitech did offer me a replacement of equal value and that's when I got the G Pro from them...in my eyes Logitech are still a fantastic company. The G Pro was still going strong with zero issues apart from replacing the mouse feet due to wear (expected), and I used that for at least 2 yrs...now I'm on the Glorious Model O which is really the best mouse I've ever used and there are reports of the cable failing but since the initial launch they have changed the cable and made the weave tighter to increase the endurance. I play high sensitivity so I'm not hard on my mice, so I'm actually expecting zero cable problems with this updated cable on the Glorious Model O.

Corsair I'm not a fan of, due not only to the randomly changing mouse sensitivity of my last Corsair mouse, but when I contacted them re a warranty replacement they wanted me to mess about sending the mouse back to them (I was either gonna have to organise the shipping myself or pay for it, something along those lines), it was too much hassle and I didn't really like the mouse anyway so I just ditched them in my mind as a company and as a quality mouse supplier. Logitech was a fantastic experience on all fronts though, glad I ditched Corsair.

9. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    What products? I have never seen any that works as expected yet?