Review: Corsair Neutron XTi 480 GB SSD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the new Neutron XTi series SSD from Corsairs. The Corsair Neutron XTi 480 GB SSD we put under some heavy testing should be a notch more price-competitive yet offers enthusiast class SATA3 pe...

Review: Corsair Neutron XTi 480 GB SSD

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    So I take it, all of the SSDs that come out now basically saturate the SATA bus which is why most drives are so close together?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    SATA3 has become the biggest bottleneck, yes.

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    There's barely any competition in the M.2 NVMe SSD market, and the prices surely reflect that. I didn't yet deem it cost effective to include one my build. But perhaps they will get more affordable in a year or two. With SATA SSDs the only thing that would anymore interest people are the really large ones hopefully getting cheaper. Otherwise SATA SSDs are already too commonplace and the differences minimal.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great lengthy , informative review Hilbert , thank you. There is a plateau pattern already going on in performance on all this new SSDs. I liked very much the analogy and your recommendation on the last page " But if all SATA3 SSDs roughly perform similar, then my advise to you is that you need to focus on quality of NAND, TBW and warranty " , great advise , again great review well done boss.

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    yep, i only look at warranties nowadays. we used to be held back by disk speeds but not so much anymore.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Saturated or not do we really need more then 500mb/s r/w for anything really?
    but i agree warranty and Lifetime write more important now

8. Nelis

Nelis Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX770 2GB
    How is the sticker located ? Purely asthetics but I have a build planed. And looking forward to use the Xti series SSD but by the looks of it the sticker is orientated upside down for me.

As well what does the included bracket do ?