Review: Corsair MP600 CORE PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVMe

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review a new revision Corsair MP600 PCIe Gen 4.0 SSD; this is the CORE model, which is amongst the best performing NVMe SSDs we have tested to date, rating at 5 GB/sec. Corsair is trying to offer a...

Review: Corsair MP600 CORE PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVMe

2. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    i have the mp600 as my maim drive, this qic version will work well in my second m.2 as a gaming drive

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    i have this as well, works fine never had any issues, apparently the latest firmware for it causes speed degradation according to the corsair forums, but i haven't experienced it.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    My mp600 2tb does 4950/4250 with 3600tbw mtbf 1,700,000 Hours, ok its tlc but the 2t core is 450tbw 1,800,000 Hours.....the 450 for me is a put off, personally i`d rather pay the extra money for the extra 3150tbw, but then again considering i already have a 2tb and 1tb mp600 i`d go with the 2tb mp600 Pro with upto 7000read/6550write 1400TBW mtbf 1,700,000 Hours tlc, Scan have the 2tb 7,000MB/s Pro drives on preorder for £409......theres my next baby right there.

5. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    I am on the fence on whether I want to take a chance on another Corsair M.2 SSD drive. I have two MP600 1tb drives both running the V13 firmware. One performs as spec'ed the other cannot get over 1000MB/s in writes; both ran like Ferrari's on the 11.3 firmware. Both boot drives in the same system. They are on a PCIe 8x riser with a toggle between the two drives for boot priority. They sort of act as a RAID 1 with out the overhead. A GHOST automated script keeps the data on both sync'ed. It is a special built card that is not commercially available so do not ask where to get one. They have build dates 6 weeks apart with the same hardware revision. One flashed fine and the other got goosed for some reason. I flashed them hoping it would fix a bug in the drives and it did but created a much bigger issue in the process. I flashed them before the public outcry started about the F'up firmware. Corsair's RMA department has been close to zero help with getting a resolution. They will RMA the drive but will not send a replacement until they diagnose the drive first; basically they are worthless. They make good stuff, just not M.2 SSD drives. There SSD drive support is laughable. My next set of drives will either be Samsung or maybe the new Phison PNY drives (have had zero issues with PNY both in hardware and support). Just not ready to roll the dice with Corsair again. The rub is the new firmware randomly screws up drives. So you are gambling if you update to V13; some people have had the issue with 11.3 as factory shipping firmware but the number of those is a fraction of the total produced. Corsair has a QA issue with the components on the MP600s.

6. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    I'm a little confused by the value of this proposition. You can get the TLC Sabrent Rocket Plus 2TB for about 330 euros or $400 USD.

Exodite likes this.
  7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi, before i recently upgraded to Ryzen 5800x and Msi x570 Unify both my mp600 drives were hitting above there original specs but after a quick test this morning i found my 2tb only hitting 998 on writes but my 1tb still getting over 4200mb/s, that with crystal disk mark 7 and 8 although AS ssd 1.9 puts my 2tb at 3800 writes, didnt get this on my previous Ryzen 3800x and Asus prime x570pro, both drives on fw 13 since its release.

8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    cdm captions need proper aligning

this is pretty good,better than original mp600,but it's nothing we didn't already have four years ago as far as random r/w
    it's way behind sn850

[​IMG]

Mufflore likes this.
  9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    On page 14, Crystal DiskMark, the result naming is a bit messed up.

The first SSD starts with the name of the SSD underneath.
    The SSD result below has its name at the top, which might be the right SSD, or is it the name at the bottom?
    If continuing down the list using names at the top of each result, they are wrong.
    Rather confusing.

It appears the real issue is the image for results of the 'Silicon Power US 70 1 TB Gen 4x4' is missing.

Also...
    from Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Gen4 x4 onward, the results shift from using
    RND4K Q32T1
    to
    RND4K Q32T16

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    cucaulay malkin likes this.
  10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I've the original mp600 heatsink is great and it's very fast.

11. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Wonder if this is tied to the USB2/3 issues that are inherent to the x570 chipset. Once AMD fixes the usb issues it may fix the broken ssd performance also as a side benefit. Something I/O related is broken in the chipset.