Review: Corsair M65 RGB Ultra mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this article, we review the Corsair M65 RGB Ultra mouse. It’s an optical mouse that was launched on 21st September. It’s a new release from the M65 series, which was introduced already seven ye...

Review: Corsair M65 RGB Ultra mouse

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I've been using these m65 style mice for a while and they are very comfortable. Glad to see Corsair continuing to improve this product.

3. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    I've had 3 m65 mice and everyone has failed on the middle mouse button clicking. I would never buy another one. Just stick with Logitech G502 way better mouse.

4. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Urgh do not buy this mouse or any other peripherals from Corsair. The two predecessors to this mouse had issues with the scroll wheel. Mine was faulty after 3 months. The K70 I bought last year had scratches all over the front-facing frame out of the box and so did its replacement. So unfortunately you will always see it when looking at your keyboard.

Quality control Corsair!

Dimitrios1983 likes this.

5. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Did it have the clear safety tape on it? I removed mine but sadly after a few days the scratches appear out of nowhere! When you wipe it it leaves a crazy amount of swirls. Be careful no to buy refurbished ones as well.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    like the look of it, 4 way tilt middle button?

7. Bruno Pitarello

Bruno Pitarello New Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070Ti
    I had the same problems with the middle button and with the scroll with the last one. Finally decided to change to HyperX Pulsefire Raid and so far so good.

No tilt, just scroll. But the last one I had had problems with the scroll not working properly.

8. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I do not remember if it had the plastic. I bought it new from the official distributor in my country. I opened the replacement in front of the sales manager and same thing. There were a few unhappy customers on their forum with the same issue.

Dimitrios1983 likes this.
  9. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    braided cable....
    such a pain to remove that 1800s tech due to no insulation tech.

Need my fingers in contact with mouse mat for better control.
    removing tactile by adding support goes against mouse control.
    i will stick with my logitch g9 14 years and still going.
    did have to solder in new micro switches and replace the cable but it has built in memory and side to side scroll on mouse wheel.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it no buy them for me I like the look of seeing I could rest thumb and pinky on both sides of mouse with out drag on the mouse pad. but mouse marketed as gaming but it dont have tilt wheel? is not gaming mouse. ever since I had my mouse with with tilt wheel. I said one thing to my self I will never by mouse or gaming mouse if it dont have tilt wheel. the convenience of have 4 way tilt mouse more important to them then the side buttons

11. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'd quite like to see all this tech in a light weight mouse. About the 8000Hz report rate, it's not necessary, 1000Hz is already only 1ms latency, I suppose you could argue you could go with a 2000Hz mouse for 0.5ms latency, but really it's not required. 4000Hz is 0.25ms latency, and 8000Hz is 0.13ms latency. To also put it further into perspective, the latency of a 240Hz monitor in terms of how often it refreshes a new screen is 4.2ms, 480Hz is 2.1ms, 144Hz is 6.9ms, 180Hz is 5.6ms - there'd also be additional latency on top of that in terms of the system and the "refresh process" but don't know a whole lot about that - so it puts mouse latency into a more sensible perspective. I'd still choose a 1000Hz mouse over a lower Hz mouse, but any greater than that - naaa, and certainly not over 2000Hz!

shaga likes this.
  12. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I really want an M65 having had the original many years ago and it's the best shape for my hands, but even the new Ultra seems to have the same piss poor build quality already as it's predecessors. Check out the reviews on Amazon.

13. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Corsair knows about the scroll wheel problems.
    I am looking at the Ironclaw and forum posts on Corsair has a employee noting down SN. of defective mouse, so it feels like they have made a new revision of the scroll wheel on that model at least.
    They are tight lipped about when and what to look for, to get a supposedly more durable scroll wheel revision.

14. shaga

shaga Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3060 Ti
    @Robbo9999 Well said. About that you don't know that much about.. You are probably meaning input latency. I tried to do quote but don't know how to do it here. Last time I tried got messages complaining so I just give up.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Can anyone recommend good mouse for LEFT handed - without RGB ? My Logitech G3 is about 10 year old ( or more ? ) and i think i need change.

16. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    RGB in a mouse... The RGB in my G502 or whatever its name is is covered up by my hand when in use. But ... even if it wasn't, I don't sit and look at my mouse when I'm using it. I don't get it.