Review: Corsair Hydro H110i GT Liquid Cooling

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this review we look at the all new Corsair H110i GT Hydro Series Liquid cooler. This updated revision CPU cooler is compatible with Corsair's LINK software. This allows you to program, customize a...

Review: Corsair Hydro H110i GT Liquid Cooling

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Corsair's link software is a heap of **** at the moment though. They better polish it because forcing software upon someone's throat is never nice.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Almost forgot about this cooler, thanks for review!

btw can I ignore this i-link and not use it? like CalculuS said it seems very buggy..

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I do that on my Corsair cooling. Got it hooked up to a fancontroller instead.

5. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Could be interessant to see a test with a 6c/12t cpu in addition.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Overall H110GT looks like a good improvement, ~ 4-5C better vs old top dog H110, not bad.:nerd:

I have H90 with 2x custom PP fans connected to mobo PWM and control it there. I guess this is the same then, just ignore i-link sw and use it on PWM fan headers?

7. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    So, besides the fact that you still need to buy new quiet fans, is the pump itself still noisy?

The H100i pump/vibration noise was unbearable for me, since it was the loudest thing on my system...

8. blackdog62

blackdog62 Member

GPU:
    2 Gigabyte R9 290X
    Right now your better off leaving CL software off your machine, check Corsairs forum. Version 3 supposedly coming out this month but who really knows if it will. Current version is a mess IMO

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very interesting that Corsair updated their top dog liquid cooler. The new design looks nice. I have read on the Corsair forums that some users using an "i" based cooler just ignored the software and used it without it. That is what Windows 8/8.1 users had to do at one time because the software was not compatible with Windows 8/8.1. It might be compatible with Windows 8/8.1 by now.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Good stuff, I had two Corsair AIO coolers so far, the H50 and H100. Both served me well in push-pull configurations. I like the design on this one a lot, the sleeved tubes especially. My next build will most likely have another such hybrid cooler, since all out watercooling is not idiot proof enough for me. :p

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Still, and speaking as a H110 owner, I am really pleased with the cooling perf of my stuff, and they successfully made a better one ? Nice..

12. cyoung

cyoung New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 4GB
    This is the first AIO I've seen that's had a clear step over the Noctua's. I'm more interested in the cooling performance than I am the noise. I have a few server blades I scavenged from work and those things are a constant loud white noise which drowns out any noise a CPU or GPU cooler would make in my main system.

But the cooler looks great(very nice design and the sleeved cables are fantastic), it performs great and the pricing really isn't that much of a premium either. I would say a price tag of $110 would be more appealing and could be used as cool promotional marketing(Corsair H110i for $110). But kudos to Corsair on this product, might drop this in my new build.

13. DoingNumber2

DoingNumber2 Member

GPU:
    2 x 760 Gigabyte OC
    I use H90 and 2 noctua fans, hooked to my fancontroller.
    Not a big fan of the i-link...

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    wrong place, delete

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Im thinking about picking one of these up.
    Temps on my X5650 are already amazing with an H100.
    Im just thinking about putting my h100 on my R9 290.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'm really interested in this one. Been wanting to try out a AIO for a year now but not found anything suitable to replace my old trusty Thermalright Silver Arrow that I've had for 3 years. The new Fractal Design AIOs didnt seem to be that good but after reading the review on this one, I like it!

Don't seem like you need to replace the fans either and if I understood correctly, CL isn't needed at all if everything is supposed to run in Default mode, right?

Thoughts on this upgrade?

17. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Then there was something wrong with your H100i. I have one in one of my systems and the pump is absolutely silent and does not vibrate at all.

18. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    So it looks like this might actually equal or beat my NH-D14 setup - better fans with both fans blowing from the outside of each tower so as to give cool air to both towers instead of the lame stock setup which cools one of the towers with hot air from the other tower.

Still not worth $120 for me though.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I had to initially go through 4 different h100 until I was able to get a decent one. Its been solid ever since.

Think that they have had their share of pump problems in the past after reading on their forums.. not surprised, I've seen this with not just corsair coolers..
    pump problems are not uncommon

20. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Just check your case guys before you buy. Not every case will take 280mm radiator.