Review: Corsair HS60 Headset

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today we have the Corsair HS60 gaming headset in for review. The headset is a unit designed to bridge the gap between the more budget oriented HS50's and higher end Void and Void Pro RGB units. Read ...

Review: Corsair HS60 Headset

2. The Edge

The Edge Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Seems like a really good headset for the money. What I am not sure about from the review, so is this the same headset as HS50 with added external USB 7.1 audio card or not ?

3. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    What I don't really understand about the headset industry is....why these types of units exist at all? Pretty much the best headsets any gamer could ask for (HyperX Cloud II as an example or even the Corsair VOID PRO to relate closer to the article) are like available between $75-120 which is so little in this industry/hobby.

If you are a budget-conscious person you will likely go for a cheap headset as required but something like this isn't enough less than the big boys...who wouldn't just spend the extra few dollars?

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Ehhh...$50 USD I've found them for without the DAC attachment...Not sure if that's a great deal. The Logitech g230 headset I bought did not come with a DAC attachment for any type of amplifying, and does not get too loud and the mic isn't all that great...

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    For the people that don't care about getting the best for their money. Or maybe someone's headset broke and they need a quick cheap replacement.
    You could say the same thing about CPU and GPU choices. Why does EVGA need to release a GTX1070, SSC, and SSC+ versions when you can just overclock the standard? Well maybe someone wants a fast card but isn't comfortable overclocking themselves.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think it's quite common that a specific price point is just about what a gamer can afford versus the next tier, there is always something better anyway. I wouldn't be surprised that there are a lot of gamers who just want something that sounds OK but is comfortable enough and that's why this headset was made.

7. Chechar51

Chechar51 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    I wonder who is the OEM for this product