Review: Corsair H100i PRO LCS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO is the latest iteration in the Hydro PRO series is fitted with a dual-fan 240mm radiator. The i in the naming means it's software controllable with iCUE software. A...

Review: Corsair H100i PRO LCS

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    I found the results to be off in comparison to the older reviewed Corsair AIOs, at least during idle. Do you think the 4790k needs Delidded and cleaned up?

Edit:I just read it has zero fan mode up to 40c...don't mind me :confused:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  3. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Had a Corsair H110i for 6 months after building my last rig, 2 of them died on me in that time. Im not moving away from Noctua anytime soon.

4. PolishRenegade

PolishRenegade Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Sure hope the "Pro" series have improved on reliability as it uses an updated pump design vs the non-Pro one.

Right now, the H110i Pro is the same price as the H115i Pro on amazon (US & Canada), so ordered the later as it's a no-brainer. We'll see how it goes.

5. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Slowly but surly they are loosing that stupid gap around the sides of the fan that loose any pressure the fans have built up to aid in the air flow through radiators.
    Hopefully it will be gone soon but its nice to see it shrink.
    I think they are slowly removing that bad design because its getting smaller and smaller.

or just fit these.
    https://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/...ai0hxa5iN4ryWnooiDIWdoK2tXZ_CHtxoCILgQAvD_BwE

Robbo9999 likes this.
  6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I only ever owned one closed loop water cooler (a Seidon XL120.) It's the one I'm still using. Bought back in 2013 and it's still working fine on an almost 24/7 machine. I wonder when it's finally gonna dry up.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Got mine for 3.5 years now, u just had bad luck i gues.
    Best watercooling system i ever had so silent and my 5930k keeps its nice chil and cool on 26c on iddle. And on load it wont go higher then 38c.

8. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    boss, i think there is miss type
    "The Hydro Series H100i PRO is backed by a two-year warranty and the CORSAIR worldwide customer service and technical support network. Check our review here btw."
    the h100i pro is 5years warranty right ?

i experiencing same things with H80i v2 pump that suddenly just dead after less than 3months
    but the good things is that my local corsair RMA is really nice, their process the exchange hassle free

i learn, seems rather than placing the cooler-block aligning with the corsair-text (horizontal)
    its seems much better to set the cooler-block with pipe in the downward not side or up (the text should be vertical)

it just basic physic, that way more easier for liquid-cooler to flow/cycling rather than set pipe on side/up, that seems need more push for water to cycle

so far my current unit been 24/7 on performance mode for like a year+ (i figure out no need to pick quite-mode as the noise not that different, also it have 5year warranty anyway, incase the pump fail i will just RMA it )

9. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    I don't really trust them much either. When I had an H110, I came home once to the fans not running because of a Corsair software error.
    My NH-D15 is virtually silent during normal operation. I've never had any self-contained liquid setup that was quiet in comparison.

10. arakisb

arakisb Guest

GPU:
    vega
    amazed how well the nh-u9s did

just bought one for my in win 901 mini itx build to replace the excellent wraith cooler that came with my 2700x

i figure the wraith can max out the 2700x in a case with lots of airflow and cooling, but all cores only hit 3800 when running cinebench in the 901 mini itx case

i hope to squeeze a few hundred more megahertz out of it with this cooler

i am not oc'ing, but just depending on the asrock 470 board's power boost and xfr implementation

11. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    had a corsair h105 till recently and worked great for years. Just switched to an orcus 360 by raijintek, lovely stuff.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    H115pro 280mm looks like the best from both worlds in new pro line..

@Hilbert Hagedoorn
    Any news on new asus rog ryujin aio coolers?

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Had my H110i gt for over 3 years now, apart from a scale issue within the first 12 months which was fixed by changing the coolant to Mayems clear coolant its ran flawlessly ever since.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No nothing yet. I'll inquire about that at ASUS.

-Tj- likes this.
  15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK

I had a H100i fail after a year. RMA and IIRC they sent me the same one. It failed after 4 months. Then they replaced it with a H100i v2 and has been working fine for almost 2 years now. At least Corsair's after sales customer service is top notch. First time I did mail in the H00i but it cost me 25 euro shipping. Second time, I told them that shipping is expensive so they offered me another solution. Cut the tubes from the radiator and providing them with photos for evidence before they sent me the H100i v2. Got to keep the extra (noisy) fans from the defective one. BTW, I thought warranty was 2 years (EU minimum) and when they told me it was 5 years I was surprised.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018

16. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    Impressed how well the H60 2018 held up.

17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I currently own an H150i pro for about an month and some weeks now,so far it been working great, and working very well with my I7 7800x that is overclocked to 4.7ghz. I not worried about corsair support, since they been doing an good job for me in the past. At-least on my end the software haven't been giving me any trouble.

Prior I had an Thermalright SB-E Extreme which had an problem with keeping my 7800x heat down, even at stock with both fans on max, as well being annoying to remove and put back on, due to the mounting kit being worn out from old age. I glad that it was much easier to get the H150i pro on to the processor, after getting the rest of it onto the case.

Speaking of the fans, the ML120 fans are so nice, and quiet, that i grab 3 more for my case fans, after finding an good deal on them.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018