Review: Corsair Graphite Series 780T

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the new Corsair Graphite Series 780T full tower PC case. The aesthetics are fairly impressive with a big design, large see through window, latched doors, magnetic top and front mesh panels a...

Review: Corsair Graphite Series 780T

2. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    When I build my next PC, this will be it's case.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Such a sexy case, wish it came out sooner, don't get me wrong i love my SilverStone Raven RV01.
    But the cable management is horrible and one of my sidepanels won't close and it was brand new when i got it.

If this case comes in black i might consider getting it, the white won't go nicely with my desk.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yellow version? This will become the yellow version with time :p Nice case though.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm with Hilbert. I prefer the 760T.... The design of this case is nice, but I prefer a more "boxy" look.... I've actually been looking at the 730T because it lacks a side window.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Same here I think, but I will definitely go for the black edition.

7. LesserHellspawn

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    That's what I finally did. It is one big plastic suitcase alright, all business, nothing fancy. That makes it light however. My entirely assembled new PC, with three 980ti behemoths and a fat radiator weighs less than my old Kublai 03 steel tank. The integrated fan control is more than welcome, else I'd run out of connectors on the mainboard fast. The watercooling pump takes the CPU fan connector, the two RAM coolers take Chassis fan 1 and 2. That leaves the chassis fan 3 and CPU aux free. Already one too few for the actual 3 case fans. The drive bays were the first things to go out. I have an M.2 SSD and another 2,5" in the side mount. Still two more side mounts for future expansion. No more external 3,5" bay is welcome too, more room for the fans. A lone blueray occupies one of the 5,25" slots. The GeForces went into slots 1, 4, 7, one slot breathing room in between each. Two only running at PCIe 8x, but who cares ? It's PCIe 3.0 after all. And my 5960X is a good one. 4,5 GHz zero trouble at 1,2V. It would run 4,6 and possibly even 4,7 with more power appiled, and it's not a silicon lottery one. That's at BCLK 100. I could run 125, but there things get ugly fast. At BCLK 125 and 4,0 GHz it already overheats under load.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Sounds awesome man, maybe put up some pictures to see that beast in color! :nerd:

9. LesserHellspawn

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    There you go. First test after assembling, SLI bridge missing, not yet here:

[​IMG]
    direct upload

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That looks amazing, only need to tidy up the cables a bit and you're set. :)

Also, some very nice PCI-e spacing on the board, the cards are not sandwitched up at all.

11. LesserHellspawn

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    There's little you can do with 6x 8pin and 1x 6pin, airflow is good, I'll leave it like that. The spacing between the cards were the very reason for this board and this case. The STX II sits between Geforce 2 and 3, but still doesn't block as much of Geforce 2 that the third card would in a sandwich. The STX daughterboard went into slot 9, since it doesn't need an actual PCIe slot. It just connects to the main card with that white ribbon cable.