Review: Corsair Carbide Air 240 PC case

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the new Carbide Air 240 from Corsair. Based on the popular mini ITX form factor this chassis will house the smallest, but also the biggest stuff inside your computer. A high-end graphics car...

Review: Corsair Carbide Air 240 PC case

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not a fan of white hardware, but I like the case, think my next case will be a cube

3. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
  4. bnjohanson

bnjohanson Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    " I do again would like to mention that this chassis needs some sort of LED lighti

" I do again would like to mention that this chassis needs some sort of LED lighting. "

...with some neon-lit running boards, a hydraulic lift-kit, fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, and no fewer than 6-12" bass woofers would go great with filling that supposed missing LED requirement as well.

5. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Had the 540 for a month but sadly was not the case for me..cooling dual 780s was a pain the top card was hitting 80c+

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Which did you find was better? Only ask because the 540 is absolutely amazing on gpu cooling from my usage. I mean the front fans sit unobstructed directly in front of the vid cards. The stock fans are pathetic tho, won't deny that

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Spot on ;)

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Love these cases, would have got the 540 if it was available in White when i was buying, but wasn't, so got the Phantom 820 instead. :p

9. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I have the 540 and while it's a great case, it is pretty big in terms of footprint. If this had been available at the same time I would definitely have bought the smaller version.

[​IMG]

Very nice to build in.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I love mine. Great air flow. Replaced all the fans with Noctua. 2 140mm on the top, 1 140mm on the back, 3 120mm on the front. Because of the way the 3 sit instead of the 2 the bottom fan is getting the GPU's more.

11. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    My cards exhaust hot air into the case not out the back, tried different fan configurations but could never get the top cards temp at an acceptable level the bottom card was good at 50-60c but the top was always 80+.
    Anyway sold the 540 and got a Thermaltake Core V71 and the temps are much better 60-70c top card, bottom card 50-60c.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

12. I fail to understand the airflow design logic in the recent Corsair cases.

Front side grills are too restrictive and are a bitch to clean.

The top mesh is way larger than any rad/fan setup can cover, to the point where there is free air flow through the uncovered portion. How the f am I to enforce tight air control when the air can leak back right next to the fan?

Because of that I had to opt for the NZXT S340 instead. Just a personal gripe as I live somewhere warm and dusty. I need airflow but it MUST be tightly controlled because of dust concerns.